40dB(Min.)

L.O. Frequency
5150 MHz
10750 MHz

L.O. Stability
±1.0MHz@25? ±1.0MHz @25?

±2.5MHz@-40? ~ +60? ±3.0MHz@-40? ~ +60?

L.O. Phase Noise
-60dBc/Hz(1KHz Offset) -50dBc/Hz(1KHz Offset)

-85dBc/Hz(10KHz Offset) -75dBc/Hz(10KHz Offset)

-95dBc/Hz(100KHz Offset) -95dBc/Hz(100KHz Offset)

Output Frequency Range 950 ~1750MHz 950~2150MHz

Pout Power(at 1dB gain Compression) 0dBM(Min.) 0dB(Min.)

Return Loss Output
10dB
8.0dB(2.3:1)

Output Connector
75? F-Type Female 75? F-Type Female

Polarization selection
H:16~18V V:12~14.5V H: 16~18V V: 11~14V

DC Current Consumption 100mA(Max.) 100mA(Typ.) 120mA(Max.)

Operating Temperature -40?~+60? -40?~+60?

Been testing with a 7.5 prime focus Sami and a 1.2 meter offset. Nice results and surprisingly decent reception of most strong C-band transponders with the 1.2M.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have the low down on the C/Ku LNBF that we've all been waiting on? Any news on when it will be released and how much it's going to cost? What's the description and specifications?

Thanks,
Harold

This is great. I just wish the manufacture made it 2 outputs for c and ku saperately. Putting an internal switch is not a really good idea. If it happens to fail, users stuck with one band only. Plus some receivers are kind of picky when using Diseqc switches. Some only works with certain brands. Allowing users to have external switches would be nice.
FtaRock

PSB said:
Just back from a week working on motorized satellite systems in L.A. California :)
First thing I see on my return is a new C/KU LNB for testing :)

Still working on it so once again this is a review/test in progress.

I have been using the Splendid ASC-421 C-Band LNB up until now and the first thing I did was swap it with the new CKU LNBF.

I was on a HD movie channel, the signal Quality was at 67% as soon as I swapped the LNB the quality jumped to around 70% :)

Still working on the KU side and will add my findings here........

The C-Band side is standard with the L.O. being 05150

The KU side of the LNB is a Universal with the L.O. being 09750-10600

The REALLY neat thing about this fantastic LNB is that it has its own internal 2x1 DiSEqC switch, so one cable from the receiver does it all!

MUCH more to come!

"High stability DRO, and using the new BSC technology"

Comes with a dielectric plate for the few circular polarized C-Band satellites.

Ku performance might be degraded if you use it with offset dish due to the mismatch focal length. Remember this lnbf is designed for prime-focuse type. When you put scalar rings for prime-focuse on off-set dish, it will not collect all the signal as it is designed.
Hopefully some manufacture starts thinking to make 3-4 ft solid prime focuse if this lnbf works well.
FtaRock

global0 said:
Thanks Pete. Based on your tests and findings so far, would this be a good candidate to put on a 1m dish to have both Ku and some C-band (as much as the dish can capture of course) ?

Why my posts keep being deleted?

I have posted 3 replies yesterday, and IMO, none of them violates nor off-the-topic.
If I am not welcome to post and causing any problem with the boards, I will leave without any complain. For now, I am just unclear what is going on!!!. I am not crying or anything...just feel a frustrated when seeing my posts deleted and my effort is not appreciated.
thanks,
FtaRock

Your posts were moved to the thread in the main area
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=63836

The review area is to ask questions about the review, and not piss and moan about the quality of the product or what it won’t do (or to tell people where to get one)

Most of your posts recently have been nothing but negative towards anything posted. We try to keep it upbeat here and have fun but if you are just going to complain then maybe this isn’t the place for you.

I tried to be nice and give you the benefit of the doubt (especially after you telling me my 6 foot dish won’t work for DVB signals when in fact its working fine) but lately your attitude has been piss poor.

Try and lighten up and have fun…

ftarock said:
I have posted 3 replies yesterday, and IMO, none of them violates nor off-the-topic.
If I am not welcome to post and causing any problem with the boards, I will leave without any complain. For now, I am just unclear what is going on!!!. I am not crying or anything...just feel a frustrated when seeing my posts deleted and my effort is not appreciated.
thanks,
FtaRock

You can take this as your FIRST warning!

ftarock said:
Remember this lnbf is designed for prime-focuse type. When you put scalar rings for prime-focuse on off-set dish, it will not collect all the signal as it is designed. FtaRock

Some of us have scalar rings for offset dishes so hopefully that will make the difference.

Read my post one more time, did I ever say 6ft dish does not work with DVB signal?
You and your friend can believe whatever you want. Those know and work in sat industry know what I am talking bout, just be afraid to speak out.
Is that why you and PBS have negative attitude towards me after the C-band post?
Because you let your personal feeling involve, I'll play along. You as a mod should never post something like "I can watch NFL for free"....this hurts the hobby. And no one ever said about that. No one ever deleted that thread..What's going on?
Mod only pick at certain members who they don't like to hear their opinions.
I know my post will be deleted anyways...hopefully some members have chance to read it. I am trying to post my opinion because there are mis-info floating on the board example: 4:2:2 is an encryption, 6ft dish works FINE with DVB digital...
Ban me if you want, but my post base on fact. Not try to mis-lead anyone in order to make the mods or senior members happy.

Iceberg said:
Your posts were moved to the thread in the main area
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=63836

The review area is to ask questions about the review, and not piss and moan about the quality of the product or what it won’t do (or to tell people where to get one)

Most of your posts recently have been nothing but negative towards anything posted. We try to keep it upbeat here and have fun but if you are just going to complain then maybe this isn’t the place for you.

I tried to be nice and give you the benefit of the doubt (especially after you telling me my 6 foot dish won’t work for DVB signals when in fact its working fine) but lately your attitude has been piss poor.

Try and lighten up and have fun…

I suppose I can play along for a little bit :)

ftarock said:
Read my post one more time, did I ever say 6ft dish does not work with DVB signal?
you mean this? Don't expect too much for the 6ft dish. It's good for fun. I would say you will get less than 10% of the C-band channels. You will probably get some luck with Pas9 and couple channels from Anik sats.

well I have G4 stuff which is good enough for me :) I also get a fair amount of analog

You and your friend can believe whatever you want. Those know and work in sat industry know what I am talking bout, just be afraid to speak out.
Is that why you and PBS have negative attitude towards me after the C-band post?
no because you said it wouldn't work. And obviously it is because in my signature I noted I am getting the nets :)
Then you throw out that "someone in the industry" which you seem to be forgetting PSB is in the industry and has been for 20+ years on 2 continents so he does know a little bit

Because you let your personal feeling involve, I'll play along. You as a mod should never post something like "I can watch NFL for free"....this hurts the hobby. And no one ever said about that. No one ever deleted that thread..What's going on?
I posted that between StarChoice (which I have a subscription to), my OTA locals and FTA I could see some games. Thats a fact. On StarChoice there are an average of 5-6 games (usually more) on a week. Throw in my locals and I have a pretty good setup :)

um wrong there. We have no issues with opinions. But when someone comes here and basically thread craps on everything then we have issues.

I know my post will be deleted anyways...hopefully some members have chance to read it. I am trying to post my opinion because there are mis-info floating on the board example: 4:2:2 is an encryption, 6ft dish works FINE with DVB digital...
Ban me if you want, but my post base on fact. Not try to mis-lead anyone in order to make the mods or senior members happy.
4:2:2 isn't an encryption but some of us say that (me included) because you cannot get it with a regular DVB box. And considering there are a few of us using a 6 foot dish and are having pretty good results (my god, people got decent results with a 4 foot dish).

Most fo the posts you made have been negative towards any product here and frankly I'm getting sick of it. And if you want to be banned, I'm sure that can be arranged.

ftarock said:

Name my is PSB, as I am sure you know :)

PSB said:
Name my is PSB, as I am sure you know :)

ftarock makes some comments that PBS is negative.

I always thought PBS has always been positive. My kids love Barney and Sesame Street :D

PSB. I can't get my home emails from work. They block web-based email. Can you PM me regarding my question about the new c/ku band lnb or can you post an update here? Thanks.

Last edited:
rjc3895 said:
ftarock makes some comments that PBS is negative.

I always thought PBS has always been positive. My kids love Barney and Sesame Street :D

PSB. I can't get my home emails from work. They block web-based email. Can you PM me regarding my question about the new c/ku band lnb or can you post an update here? Thanks.

VERY Funny :) Just have to laugh!

PM sent, as soon as I know any more I will add it to the REAL review / test.

Ftarock, I have to give you a little information about Sadoun's 6 foot solid dish and available channels from my location in NY state.

You will only see Atlantic sat's listed, as my physical location limits me to those sat's.

PAS 9 27 + Fta , 30 + radio

I805 30 + Fta , 9 + radio

PAS 1R 14 + Fta

NSS806 30 + Fta , 20 + radio

AMC12 3 Fta , 1 radio

Not to mention a special feed on 2 sat's every other or so weekend during the summer months, my sole reason for the setup.

Also please note that PAS9 and I805 are 2.5 degrees apart, with no bleed and complete separation.

I am not sure where you get your information regarding 6 foot dishes, but you may want to research the information a little further.

It does have separate outputs for C and for Ku. It also has a short jumper that allows you to combine them and use the switch feature. So, you can use it either way. You can have only one coax running to your receiver to handle both bands (great for upgrades), or you can have 2 runs with C on one and Ku on the other.

http://www.dmsiusa.com/bsc621-2.htm

ftarock said:
This is great. I just wish the manufacture made it 2 outputs for c and ku saperately. Putting an internal switch is not a really good idea. If it happens to fail, users stuck with one band only. Plus some receivers are kind of picky when using Diseqc switches. Some only works with certain brands. Allowing users to have external switches would be nice.
FtaRock

Status
Please reply by conversation.