New Channels Added! (BBC, Noggin, etc...)

LunkHead

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
404 -- CNN INT
526 -- BBC AMERICA
625 -- NICKTOONS
627 -- NICK GAS
628 -- NOGGIN
805 -- MTV2
806 -- MTV HITS
809 -- VH1 CLASSICS
814 -- GREAT AMERICAN COUNTRY

No HD but still sweet!

I am hoping for Fox Sports and ESPN2HD..... Of course the INHD's and HDNET'S would be awesome as well......

Way to go VOOM!

LunkHead said:
I am hoping for Fox Sports and ESPN2HD..... Of course the INHD's and HDNET'S would be awesome as well......

Way to go VOOM!

Yeah I am a sports fan too and so far VOOM has added channels for the women and now the kids, hopefully next are the sports fans. I like these new channels WAY better than the first ones.

freezetime said:
Yeah I am a sports fan too and so far VOOM has added channels for the women and now the kids, hopefully next are the sports fans. I like these new channels WAY better than the first ones.

I agree.... The girlfriend is happy now and the munchkin will be happy with the new cartoon channels...... Now it's time for VOOM to take care of dear ol dad with some sports channels.....

Keep up the great work VOOM!!!!! :)

danielle_s said:
I wonder what happened to:
DIY, Fine Living, History International, & WGN?

I am thinking they will add WGN with Fox Sports maybe?? I don't know how many channels they can add at once. It's the 18th so VOOM has some time to meet their promise for the month. We will soon see.

oh man this is unbelievable voom is great. what a great surprise there selection is very good. the only channel that i was exited about was cnn International but they actually added channels that were not on the list. i love mtv2 and mtvhits and vh1 classics and the other channels look very promising although i dont know much about them. im definatly way happier than the day that the last channels were added. i guess we just have to trust the people in charge ha. oh ya i dont care that they are not HD they are still fun to watch.

yeah: good going voom, doesnt make sense they are adding all these channels and different ones say they are going out, no way why would they go to all the bother of adding channels, i love my voom:)

sports, sports , we want more sports. C'mon cablevision/rainbow own MGG/FSN-NY, give me my Mets, Damn it, and you can make them HD if you want too :) :) :)

I dont care for most of these channels. I would rather get 4 good HD channels then a bunch of SD crap. ESPN2HD INHD1 & 2, HDNET, HDNETMOVIES. Just that would make me happy.

GAC is nice addition though.

Yessssss!!!! BBC America means I can finally get to watch The Trailer Park Boys again! I've seen this show and it's hilarious!

KostaVan said:
I dont care for most of these channels. I would rather get 4 good HD channels then a bunch of SD crap. ESPN2HD INHD1 & 2, HDNET, HDNETMOVIES. Just that would make me happy.

GAC is nice addition though.

Mark Cuban does not like the Dolan's so the HDNETs are a no go. And the INHD's are for cable only :( :( :(

richard_rd said:
Mark Cuban does not like the Dolan's so the HDNETs are a no go. And the INHD's are for cable only :( :( :(

InHD is not for cable only, per FCC rules, they could carry it if they come to a deal with the provider of that channel, that is the problem, money, the owners of InHD ( cable ) wanted $3.84 per sub from Voom to carry it, there is already a thread here about it.

VOOM Cries Foul Over INHD and INHD2

Byline: MICHAEL BASCOMBE

Rainbow's DBS provider VOOM wants its INHD, and it doesn't think In Demand is playing fair. So, it's taken its case to the FCC, filing a program access complaint Fri against In Demand, whose shareholders include Comcast, Cox and Time Warner Cable. The complaint, first reported by Satellite Business News, claims In Demand has refused to negotiate a "commercially reasonable agreement" with VOOM for the carriage of INHD and INHD2. "We are confident that our pricing policies are consistent with the FCC and all other rules," In Demand said in a statement Mon. "The allegations contained in Rainbow's complaint are completely without merit. We will defend the complaint vigorously at the FCC and have every confidence that the FCC will find our policies consistent with all FCC rules and regulations." VOOM claims that in Sept '03 In Demand offered a fee based upon a minimum number of subs that would have worked out to $3.84/sub based upon the DBS provider's current subscription numbers. At a Sept '04 meeting, In Demand informed VOOM that it had ignored the company's counterproposal because it did not contain minimum subscriber guarantees, the complaint said. "ID made plain that its offer was on a 'take it or leave it' basis," VOOM told the FCC. VOOM doesn't believe In Demand has made minimum sub guarantees of any other operator. Worth noting that during these initial negotiations, VOOM projected its sub count would be at 300K by year-end. As of 2Q '04, it had netted 25K. Dark Side: We couldn't help but remember back to a Media Institute lunch a few years back that Rainbow DBS head Chuck Dolan spoke at, where he declared program access rules were bad for cable. "At Cablevision we spend tens, if not hundreds, of millions developing original programming for our customers. Yet, under current regulations we are forced to share much of that programming directly with our competitors."

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=215785&postcount=1

Well. Good job, Voom. While I indeed like these channels better than the last batch, I think it's more important to point out that they actually put them where they belong -- on the basic package. However, IMO it does help to illustrate just how ridiculous the decision to VaVa the previous channels was. Strange, strange company. But did good here! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)