New customer very IMPRESSED and SATISFIED with DIRECTV!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

98Civic

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
Greenville, NC
As ya'll have told me a while ago about my transponders and signal levels being as good as they possibly can get. I just wanted to say that here in NC lastnight we had some severe thunderstorms come through with winds gusting 35+ mph, along with thunder/lightning and heavy rain. Not once did my Directv satellite go out or say "searching for signal". During the whole time of the thunderstorm, I was enjoying watching tv and my favorite shows on there! I just wanted to say that I'm very impressed and satisfied with my Directv service and look forward to staying with Directv for many, many, many, many years to come!!

cool. Welcome to the good side :)

I've had D* for a year now and lost signal twice....and once was during a freak "concrete snow" type event (where the snow weighs like 200 pounds per inch and its like shoveling concrete....very heavy wet snow) but otherwise smooth sailing :)

Glad it is working well. If you ever lose signal watching HD in a storm often time the SD signal will still work (FYI), the signal from the SD satellite is easier to get and has always held better in bad weather for me.

I too made the change from E* today. Last week at my friend's house I saw how clear the signal was. I thought it was his tv. I decided to make the switch. I did a one-to-one channel comparison and the image is much clearer on D* than E*.

The installers were very professional and thorough.

My dad have E* for the past few years, I got an HR24/100 with D*, both HD packages. D*, PQ is far better than E* and the service averall is better with D*. The last time he payed me a visit he was baffle with my PQ. He is waiting for the end of the contract to jump to D*. D* is not perfect but I tell you we have the best system and the bets PQ of everithing out there.

I too made the change from E* today. Last week at my friend's house I saw how clear the signal was. I thought it was his tv. I decided to make the switch. I did a one-to-one channel comparison and the image is much clearer on D* than E*.

The installers were very professional and thorough.

I love when customers tell me the picture is much clearer when I swap out their E* for D*.

I just smile and say "yup".

But in reality I know one is not a better quality, and it is usually just that I used a cable better then coax to hook the receiver up.
Either that, or it is placebo.

Either way, I am there to promote D* so I just agree as it makes them happier. lol

I love when customers tell me the picture is much clearer when I swap out their E* for D*.

I just smile and say "yup".

But in reality I know one is not a better quality, and it is usually just that I used a cable better then coax to hook the receiver up.
Either that, or it is placebo.

Either way, I am there to promote D* so I just agree as it makes them happier. lol
I agree

I've had D* and E* HD side by side for 2 years, and the difference is minimal.

Now I have Cable and D* side by side, and Guess what? Minimal Difference.

Not enough to go , Wow what a difference.

Hemi 6.1 said:
I agree

I've had D* and E* HD side by side for 2 years, and the difference is minimal.

Now I have Cable and D* side by side, and Guess what? Minimal Difference.

Not enough to go , Wow what a difference.

???

Just kidding!

You will find this opinion sways both ways from time to time.
MOST people don't have the liberty to have BOTH services in the house and on the same TV to compare.

Where in NC are you?

I lost it for a little bit last night during the storm.

I'm in Greenville/Eastern North Carolina area...what about you? Also, do you work for MASTEC? Cause we have a MASTEC office here in NC that is located in New Bern, NC which is like 45 minutes away from me.

Jason Crandall, when you talk about losing HD signal in a storm, are you talking subscribed HD or regular? Because I'm not subscribed too or paying for any HD packages on Directv, but like on my local stations like NBC, ABC, CBS, some programs like when I watch "The Today Show" or "The Early Show" in the mornings before work, they are offered in HD or atleast say they are on my Guide Menu. But anyways, no even when the strong thunderstorms and gusty 35+ mph winds came a few days ago to my area, I didn't lose any signal at all. No "signal loss" or "searching for signal" came on....I was still watching my favorite tv shows that evening as if no storm came at all. I also don't think or know if I lost any HD signal at all.....if I did it certainly didn't show it nor did I realize I did. :)

I have CenturyLink (formerly Embarq)High Speed Internet DSL.....Isn't it true that either Directv or Dish Network gives you a little discount for having DSL High Speed Internet and Satellite TV combined or how does that go? I was just curious. Thanks!

I have CenturyLink (formerly Embarq)High Speed Internet DSL.....Isn't it true that either Directv or Dish Network gives you a little discount for having DSL High Speed Internet and Satellite TV combined or how does that go? I was just curious. Thanks!

I would talk with your HSI provider.

Up here AT&T will give D* subs a discount when you bundle.

I have Qwest and they gave me a $5 a month discount for bundling the two. The neat part with D* (unlike Dish) is you call Directv for everything but billing. When Dish did the bundling you called the Telco and they called Dish.
With Directv's setup all they do is bill the Telco who bills you. I like it because D* considers this "auto pay" (regardless if you have auto pay with the Telco) and again if you change programming, have a technical issue or want to upgrade you call Directv, not the Telco

I have Qwest and they gave me a $5 a month discount for bundling the two. The neat part with D* (unlike Dish) is you call Directv for everything but billing. When Dish did the bundling you called the Telco and they called Dish.
With Directv's setup all they do is bill the Telco who bills you. I like it because D* considers this "auto pay" (regardless if you have auto pay with the Telco) and again if you change programming, have a technical issue or want to upgrade you call Directv, not the Telco

They give me a hard time trying to understand, seeing I am not in an AT&T area, they want my AT&T phone number, I don't have one. Do you have any AT&T services ? , NO, then how can we bundle your D* with AT&T ?
Because I'm a AT&T employee .... they are suppose to give me a $10 p/m discount, but I have not been able to get it, because since AT&T signed with D*, about the same time D* started with the Choice package, I don't qualify for it as I don't have a package that they are familiar with, seeing the TC + came out before the Choice (even thou they are about the same package) they won't honor it.

IF I decided to upgrade, I would not save anymore than the AT&T customer ($5) .... as I would have to Upgrade to a package costing me more.

Here is what I am impressed with the most: D*'s HR-24 HD-DVR. It functions much more like I think. Here's a good example: when viewing the full screen guide, you can pause the show you are watching. Another: if you are watching a recorded show and someone accidentally changes the channel to a live show, you can hit 'Prev' and go back to the recording where you left off. Also, the series recording management is much better for me.

While I am impressed with many things having just switched myself, I'm not satisfied with my bill. I'm still hoping it will be straightened out.

Comparing the 722 from E* to the HR-24 from D*, I'd pick the HR-24 even after only one month. Good job Directv, and keep making the software better...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)