This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

new directv.com

Status
Please reply by conversation.
lou_do said:
I looked it it in Firefox and it looked OK to me. What didn't work when you looked at it?

What version of Firefox are you running? The latest is 1.5.0.1.

They've fixed it after the problems were pointed out to them.

moqz1001 said:
and they use this "scapegoat, to advertise things and make promises they have no intention of keeping, to keep investors and customers in the dark (all companys do it) and it is sickening

Heck your right...there couldn't have been any risk or uncertainty in launching a bazillion dollars in high tech sats. Man, casting stones. I hope you have never told someone that something was going to happen and then something else unforseen came up. God forbid. You sir, will never be happy with D* or E* or Comcast or, well ,anything

Hey cupcake, how can you call a person a moron yet not click the lil spell check button to proof your post.

Next time you decide to post put down the stone and step outside of the glass house first.

skaeight said:
What exactly did you change? There are reports over at dbstalk.com that you can't remove premium packages anymore online. I want to know if its still possible to swap premium packages, i.e. change from HBO to Sports pack.

I changed premium service. I deleted a couple movie channels.They told when I called in that it is taking effect in the system but it jsut is not taking effect on the cards. They said they are working on it. I checked my account afterwards and did adjust on my account, jsut not my card.

I like that whole cupcake thing. By the way guys I re-read some of moqz'z posting and ummm....he kinda scares me.

I am still looking (waiting nearly a week now) for a list of those major non-firefox working sites myself. I have used firefox since the week it came out and have NEVER come across a site it doesn't work with. I have been building sites and internet consulting for over 9 years and have never heard these kind of complaints. 99.9 times out of 100 its user error or user add-on that cause the issues. The remaining is incorrect code on the site.

arxaw said:
Must be non-standard web sites.

The problem is Firefox software can't properly display certain Microsoft Frontpage Web Components. Frontpage is one of the most common programs used to design web sites. The components work fine when viewed with other browsers, but don't display correctly in Firefox.

Most web designers have rewritten their sites so they meet web standards - not microsoft standards.
Try validating one of your front page created sites and it will likely fail miserably. http://validator.w3.org/

Frontpage is proprietary crapware, originally designed to intentionally break sites that aren't viewed using msie. Any page that meets modern W3C standards will display just fine in Firefox and any other standards compliant browser.

http://evpc.biz/personal/soapbox/morons_in_webspace

Last edited:
arxaw said:
Frontpage is proprietary crapware, originally designed to intentionally break sites that aren't viewed using msie. Any page that meets modern W3C standards will display just fine in Firefox and any other standards compliant browser.

Thanks for your opinion of the software, but the bottom line is, pages work the way they were designed in any browser, except Firefox. I will try running the page through the valuator page, as you suggest.

Status
Please reply by conversation.