new directv.com

Status
Please reply by conversation.
FlyingJ said:
I am surprised that Vurbano hasn't replied to this thread to let us know that the website is now in HD Lite.
Maybe they used JavaScript Lite! :D

GeorgeLV said:
Someone didn't test with Firefox...

Many sites don't read right in Firefox. They need to finish the product and make it work right before they put it out on the market. I design web sites and they work fine in every browser except Firefox. They need to take it back to the drawing board.

Since Ive been summoned..........

Ahem...

Looks like the same old crappy site to me. Nothing new really. But they have put in the upgrade fees, two weeks late, if you look in the right place. IMO, They should spend more time trying to fix thier HD PQ than their website. LOL

Is it my bad eyes or does that orange text about half way down the page seem
blurry??? it looks as tho the text is drop-shadowed with white shadow, which makes the letters appear blurry?:(

charper1 said:
lies, lies, lies, conspiracy, WOW, website not up to your standards of change, lets be sure to file a class-action lawsuit over it. GEEZ! People are so overly sensitive and waiting to pile onto anything.

again learn to read,, they sent email out to sirectv customers.. promising a brand new website totaqlly new website by summer 2005,, only to have nothing till march 2006 and it is a minor update, nothing new

lies lies lies, cause they said one thing did another, learn what facts are

I just changed some stuff on my package. It made the changes on my account but did not adjust to my receiver. Right now I am getting channels that I have dropped via the website. I called a rep and he said they are having a problem with the website and they have been working on it. He said he saw my downgrade and told me what he had listed but he never did fix the problem on my receiver so Im still getting everything.

This new site rocks, lol

BTW, I ahve firefox and the front page is still messed up on my end.

lou_do said:
Many sites don't read right in Firefox. They need to finish the product and make it work right before they put it out on the market. I design web sites and they work fine in every browser except Firefox. They need to take it back to the drawing board.

It's because you're not designing you web pages to the W3C standards. Firefox is the most W3C standards compliant browser available.

moqz1001 said:
again learn to read,, they sent email out to sirectv customers.. promising a brand new website totaqlly new website by summer 2005,, only to have nothing till march 2006 and it is a minor update, nothing new

lies lies lies, cause they said one thing did another, learn what facts are

Hey nucklehead,

I have been with D* for 5 years now and never got that email. Are you even a D* sub, or just another vurbano with absolutely nothing to offer other than you stupid thoughts derived from what I can only imagine was severe drug use in your formative years. Do you have to be angry all the time???? Gee whiz dumbass it's just TV. MORON!!!!

moqz1001 said:
again learn to read,, they sent email out to sirectv customers.. promising a brand new website totaqlly new website by summer 2005,, only to have nothing till march 2006 and it is a minor update, nothing new lies lies lies, cause they said one thing did another, learn what facts are

LEARN WHAT SARCASM IS!

Its just a website! You are looking for stupid stuff to whine and gripe about like a little baby without her pacifier! Grow up and get over it.

THERE IS NO CONSPIRACY OF LIES!

JerryVolunteer said:
I just changed some stuff on my package. It made the changes on my account but did not adjust to my receiver. Right now I am getting channels that I have dropped via the website. I called a rep and he said they are having a problem with the website and they have been working on it. He said he saw my downgrade and told me what he had listed but he never did fix the problem on my receiver so Im still getting everything.

This new site rocks, lol

What exactly did you change? There are reports over at dbstalk.com that you can't remove premium packages anymore online. I want to know if its still possible to swap premium packages, i.e. change from HBO to Sports pack.

javahh said:
Hey nucklehead,

I have been with D* for 5 years now and never got that email. Are you even a D* sub, or just another vurbano with absolutely nothing to offer other than you stupid thoughts derived from what I can only imagine was severe drug use in your formative years. Do you have to be angry all the time???? Gee whiz dumbass it's just TV. MORON!!!!

you sir are the inbred moron,

if you had signed up for directv's emails and investor emails you would have goten it

no weirdo, no drugs, no alcohol, unlike you i suspect

when a company makes a promise in adversing, to me, they deliver, or i call them on the carpet for it

you know, its called holding them directly to their word, you know the way things should be, cept for twits like you, who breed, and then populatre the world with people who lie, and peoiple get used to it, and then get pissed when people want and demand honesty

charper1 said:
LEARN WHAT SARCASM IS!

Its just a website! You are looking for stupid stuff to whine and gripe about like a little baby without her pacifier! Grow up and get over it.

THERE IS NO CONSPIRACY OF LIES!

it may be only tv, it could be about cars or whatever, that is not the point, the point is they did not deliver on what they promised, unlike you and 99.9999% of americans, i hold people to their exact word

because they NEVER DO ANYTHING ON TIME

website = 9 months late, aand is not what promised

r15 = 5 months late, and now what they promised

sd locals where i lived = 6 months late

hddvr was supposed be last year = so that 1 year late

medica center = 1 year late plus

svc = over 6 months late and running

and on and on and on .................................................. ....................

my dad always taught me, only say something when you mean it AND know 100% you can deliver it

if you are not sure, do not make false promises, say honestly ... we are looking at this time frame, if directv did that, very few people would have a complaint, because then they would been honest, but now and so on they have lied

and when equipment coming out .. will not be compatiable with all gd tv's out there

i know in most people in usa, are so used to being lied to and roll over on it, i dont

Read this

"Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Statements in this press release regarding The DIRECTV Group, Inc.'s business which are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" that involve risks and uncertainties. For a discussion of such risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see "Risk Factors" in the Company's Annual Report or Form 10-K for the most recently ended fiscal year.

lee78221 said:
Read this

"Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Statements in this press release regarding The DIRECTV Group, Inc.'s business which are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" that involve risks and uncertainties. For a discussion of such risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see "Risk Factors" in the Company's Annual Report or Form 10-K for the most recently ended fiscal year.

that is for investors, and a company who keeps lying this much, ...................

they make sttatements of when they will have new stuff, to sooth over investors, and 99.9% time, dont keep up with their word..

eventually even dumb investors will come to see that

lee78221 said:
Read this

and they use this "scapegoat, to advertise things and make promises they have no intention of keeping, to keep investors and customers in the dark (all companys do it) and it is sickening

JerryVolunteer said:

I looked it it in Firefox and it looked OK to me. What didn't work when you looked at it?

What version of Firefox are you running? The latest is 1.5.0.1.

Yep, it looks and works perfect with FF v1.5.01 (see attached) What font, font size, add-ons, themes, filters, or otherwise are you running?

Attachments

• dtv_scrndump.JPG
    dtv_scrndump.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 127
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts