New Directv equip advise

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hunter06

Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
I am currently a Dish customer (paying with autopay of over $120 a month for many years) but due to new rules they won’t activate another dvr receiver for me to use at my cabin. I do not want to disconnect my dvr receiver at home every time I go to the cabin plus it is not far from my house in the country so I plan to go a lot. My question is what is the best equipment I can get from Directv to have 5 HD receivers (2 being 4K ready). One of those receivers (1 not being the main tv) to use at the cabin. I just need it to be a dvr HDTV to use on my new 65” 4K LG.

Even though you have been here for almost 10 years without posting, :welcome to Satelliteguys Hunter06!

The only Directv equipment that gets you two 4k streams is an HS17, but you can't use a regular dvr or receiver with it, only clients. You would have to move the HS 17 and at least one client to the second location because the HS17 doesn't output a signal, you need a client with it. The best you could do is an HR54 Genie which streams only one 4k signal, but allows you to have dvrs and receivers along with it. Then you could take a dvr or receiver to the secondary location. If you want 4k there, you would have to take the Genie with you regardless since none of them outputs a 4k signal themselves.

Even though you have been here for almost 10 years without posting, :welcome to Satelliteguys Hunter06!

The only Directv equipment that gets you two 4k streams is an HS17, but you can't use a regular dvr or receiver with it, only clients. You would have to move the HS 17 and at least one client to the second location because the HS17 doesn't output a signal, you need a client with it. The best you could do is an HR54 Genie which streams only one 4k signal, but allows you to have dvrs and receivers along with it. Then you could take a dvr or receiver to the secondary location. If you want 4k there, you would have to take the Genie with you regardless since none of them outputs a 4k signal themselves.

There isn’t even 2 4K channels you can watch at the same time.

There isn’t even 2 4K channels you can watch at the same time.

Sorry to tell you but you are wrong. There have been a number of times that they have had three channels up at the same time, usually when there are two live sporting events going on. Normally there are usually two, the PPV 4K channel along with their regular 4K channel.

Sorry to tell you but you are wrong. There have been a number of times that they have had three channels up at the same time, usually when there are two live sporting events going on. Normally there are usually two, the PPV 4K channel along with their regular 4K channel.

I know that but at this point what is the chances you’ll be watching more than 1 4K channel.

It’s like in the early days of HD. Rarely am I watching 4K to watch a program but to rather just enjoy watching 4K.

Not all 4K content is the same

I know that but at this point what is the chances you’ll be watching more than 1 4K channel.

It’s like in the early days of HD. Rarely am I watching 4K to watch a program but to rather just enjoy watching 4K.

Not all 4K content is the same
That's not what you said, you said there wasn't 2 4K channels you could watch at the same time, not what you're saying now. If you're a sports fan then there might be times where you'd want to be able to watch on 4K channel and record another 4K channel for those times when two live 4K sporting events are happening.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)