new DSR922 dead

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
I came home last night to find my 922 without the clock displayed. I found it to be dead. Tried leaving it unplugged for a while, still nothing. ( power socket OK) No warm up, click or anything. Only in service since Sept 1st. This was a new unit purchased from NPS. Last night they weren't answering phones, only a message stating they were very busy due to satellite changes Nov. 1st and then it hangs up on you.

Most likely it will need to be sent back to Motorola. :mad: I had problems with overheating and rebooting early on. I found it was OK without the VC2 mod in it and just left it out.

The curious thing I noticed while looking inside for loose wiring and such, was that the boards inside have LiteON etched on them.

I guess the upside is that I ordered one of those DSR410 units from Skyvision yesterday for my dad. I guess I will need it for the time being.
I'll let everyone know how it works.

I'd try disconnecting all cables from it then see if it will boot.
If not then send it back for warranty.

that shouldnt have anything to do with it. i'd pack it up and send it back. i dont think it just cuts off like that because of wiring. mine never did and it was 3 yrs old when i first got it

I was finally able to get in contact with a live person a NPS. They said they will send me a prepaid UPS label to my business address and I can ship it from there. Scheduled pickup tomorrow.

I expressed I bought a new unit and expected another new not rebuilt unit. According to them my 922 must be checked first in case a something simple before another one could be shipped.

No estimate for turn around time. Last summer I lost 2 months of my paid sub. They gave me 3 months free open programming with all premiums. I'll inquire about the remaining month when I get the unit back. NPS is very good about that.

good luck man i hope you get it back asap. i know how things like that go

I was finally able to get in contact with a live person a NPS. They said they will send me a prepaid UPS label to my business address and I can ship it from there. Scheduled pickup tomorrow.

I expressed I bought a new unit and expected another new not rebuilt unit. According to them my 922 must be checked first in case a something simple before another one could be shipped.

No estimate for turn around time. Last summer I lost 2 months of my paid sub. They gave me 3 months free open programming with all premiums. I'll inquire about the remaining month when I get the unit back. NPS is very good about that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)