New DSR922 first impressions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
After waiting 6 weeks my new 922 finally arrived Friday. It mapped in 4715 channels in about 10 minutes from 555. I'm not impressed so far.

Picture quality is fine, but the color is way off. Is there a hidden menu? Colors appear purplish. I tried S video and composite.

It skips channels constantly when scrolling up or down requiring manual entry. Even that must be done very slowly, or wrong numbers are selected.

Channel changing is painfully slow.

Receiver seems to lack memory,sometimes the screen during the menu is slow to refresh.

Twice in 3 days needed a reboot which wipes out the guide. The box became unresponsive. It seems to be very warm to the touch as compared to my old DSR905.

Could be a bad unit, I had my 922 for years, it's a bit slow but the picture is great, mine never skips channels unless I select it in the menu, the s-video look super on my 52" tv.

Update

Well, a day later things have improved. I think the receiver might have taken a software download during the night. I noticed some of the menu items are different than the previous day. I see "copy protection on" in the list.

I noticed the color is now great. Maybe the receiver required some time running to stabilize itself.

Well, a day later things have improved. I think the receiver might have taken a software download during the night. I noticed some of the menu items are different than the previous day. I see "copy protection on" in the list.

I noticed the color is now great. Maybe the receiver required some time running to stabilize itself.

I'm glad you see to be having better luck today. When I got my DSR-922 it worked fine out of the box. The only downloads that the 4DTV takes is the channel maps and the guide. Years ago they updated the software but don't do that anymore. The current and last software version is EC on the 922.

As far as colors go the guide and satellite icons can seem a bit different on digital or analog channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)