New Equator HD channel feedback

MitchB

Original poster
Jun 21, 2004
Truly breathtaking. Like a hot-air balloon trip and in many ways better.
I would love to have a collection EquatorHD mini-trips. This will probably be my reason for getting Voom DVR. When I show friends my Voom (on a my Sony 1920x1200 23" which I love!), it would be great to show them some of these recorded clips instead of just describing them to them.

Equator HD practically takes me there!
How about a trip underwater - Key West? Maui?
How about a trip tour of the QE2 or QM cruise ship?
How about a view in an F-14?

Highly recommend EquatorHD

EquatorHD should also do flythroughs of the US's national parks and landmarks.. Imagine flying *through* the Grand Canyon in HD!!!

I really like this new channel I give it 4 months and they'll add even MORE content... good call Voom!

Coming in July

Dvlos said:
I really like this new channel I give it 4 months and they'll add even MORE content... good call Voom!
Don't need to wait 4 months. From the EquatorHD web site:

"COMING IN JULY ...

Elsewhere
Reindeer herding in Finland, Nintendo in the African bush. Visiting one exotic location per month over the course of a year, award-winning documentary filmmaker Nicolas Geyerhalter set out with a high definition camera crew and plan to let people speak for themselves. The result is a stark, revealing and often stunning portrayal of life in our planet's most remote locations."

Source: http://www.voom.com/vhdo/equa/index.jsp

I was without service when this channel launched, but watching it on Tuesday and Wednesday nights I noticed two programs that originated on DHDT. I don't have any problem with syndication, if that's what it is called. I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

wasch_24 said:
I was without service when this channel launched, but watching it on Tuesday and Wednesday nights I noticed two programs that originated on DHDT. I don't have any problem with syndication, if that's what it is called. I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

Which two programs?

Sean Mota said:
Which two programs?
On Tuesday night it was "Heavenly Maidens Dance Again", the show follows some Cambodian dancers in their quest to reintroduce a aspara dancing that was abolished like fifty years ago.
Last night it was "Broadway Remembers", this show is a historical look at NYC's broadway and how it has evloved over the years.
And both days I have seen "Venice: Soudscape Beyond Time" in the PG.
I have watched all three of these shows in the past on DHDT.

wasch_24 said:
On Tuesday night it was "Heavenly Maidens Dance Again", the show follows some Cambodian dancers in their quest to reintroduce a aspara dancing that was abolished like fifty years ago.
Last night it was "Broadway Remembers", this show is a historical look at NYC's broadway and how it has evloved over the years.
And both days I have seen "Venice: Soudscape Beyond Time" in the PG.
I have watched all three of these shows in the past on DHDT.

I think you may be confusing those two programs. They were on Gallery HD. I did not see them on DHDT.

Sean Mota said:
I think you may be confusing those two programs. They were on Gallery HD. I did not see them on DHDT.
You are probably right. I have been wrong before. I thought it was DHDT though. Oh well. I guess it isn't syndication just consolidation. I never thought that I actually watched that channel.

The "Heavenly Maidens Dance Again" was on Discovery HD. I watched a little bit of it. I have not seen it listed on Equator though. I'm not sure about the other show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)