New Equator HD channel feedback

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MitchB

Original poster
Jun 21, 2004
Truly breathtaking. Like a hot-air balloon trip and in many ways better.
I would love to have a collection EquatorHD mini-trips. This will probably be my reason for getting Voom DVR. When I show friends my Voom (on a my Sony 1920x1200 23" which I love!), it would be great to show them some of these recorded clips instead of just describing them to them.

Equator HD practically takes me there!
How about a trip underwater - Key West? Maui?
How about a trip tour of the QE2 or QM cruise ship?
How about a view in an F-14?

Highly recommend EquatorHD

EquatorHD should also do flythroughs of the US's national parks and landmarks.. Imagine flying *through* the Grand Canyon in HD!!!

I really like this new channel I give it 4 months and they'll add even MORE content... good call Voom!

Coming in July

Dvlos said:
I really like this new channel I give it 4 months and they'll add even MORE content... good call Voom!
Don't need to wait 4 months. From the EquatorHD web site:

"COMING IN JULY ...

Elsewhere
Reindeer herding in Finland, Nintendo in the African bush. Visiting one exotic location per month over the course of a year, award-winning documentary filmmaker Nicolas Geyerhalter set out with a high definition camera crew and plan to let people speak for themselves. The result is a stark, revealing and often stunning portrayal of life in our planet's most remote locations."

Source: http://www.voom.com/vhdo/equa/index.jsp

I was without service when this channel launched, but watching it on Tuesday and Wednesday nights I noticed two programs that originated on DHDT. I don't have any problem with syndication, if that's what it is called. I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

wasch_24 said:
I was without service when this channel launched, but watching it on Tuesday and Wednesday nights I noticed two programs that originated on DHDT. I don't have any problem with syndication, if that's what it is called. I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

Which two programs?

Sean Mota said:
Which two programs?
On Tuesday night it was "Heavenly Maidens Dance Again", the show follows some Cambodian dancers in their quest to reintroduce a aspara dancing that was abolished like fifty years ago.
Last night it was "Broadway Remembers", this show is a historical look at NYC's broadway and how it has evloved over the years.
And both days I have seen "Venice: Soudscape Beyond Time" in the PG.
I have watched all three of these shows in the past on DHDT.

wasch_24 said:
On Tuesday night it was "Heavenly Maidens Dance Again", the show follows some Cambodian dancers in their quest to reintroduce a aspara dancing that was abolished like fifty years ago.
Last night it was "Broadway Remembers", this show is a historical look at NYC's broadway and how it has evloved over the years.
And both days I have seen "Venice: Soudscape Beyond Time" in the PG.
I have watched all three of these shows in the past on DHDT.

I think you may be confusing those two programs. They were on Gallery HD. I did not see them on DHDT.

Sean Mota said:
I think you may be confusing those two programs. They were on Gallery HD. I did not see them on DHDT.
You are probably right. I have been wrong before. I thought it was DHDT though. Oh well. I guess it isn't syndication just consolidation. I never thought that I actually watched that channel.

The "Heavenly Maidens Dance Again" was on Discovery HD. I watched a little bit of it. I have not seen it listed on Equator though. I'm not sure about the other show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)