New Firmware Update - WHEN???

Sometimes I like the guide to start back over if I am wanting to see what is on every channel.

It can go both ways. Somtimes it is irritating, but other times it is cool becuase it goes all the way back to the first allowing you to check everything from the beginning.

Someone says its the 29th. Well, thats today. Any word yet, or will it be tonight? Looks like I have to remind myself to turn it off tonight.

E. J.

For the last week, at night when I realize everyone is asleep, I get up out of bed and go to the box to turn it off, hoping that tonight will be the night. Every morning, I rush to the box and am disappointed to see 00.05.68 as the version number. One of these mornings the 00.06.00 version is going to show up.

ejfiii said:
Someone says its the 29th. Well, thats today. Any word yet, or will it be tonight? Looks like I have to remind myself to turn it off tonight.

E. J.

I think that that was said by one of the local resident soothsayers looking into a crystal ball----

I have to leave mine on everynight until they fix the Program Planner to work with PlayboyHD. I leave it on tuned to PBHD to record whatever I want from that channel overnight then leave it on all day for other recordings. They need to fix the default Planner to be Power On, it is so stupid not to have it that way.

Where is the new software? This is killing me, I can't sleep, I want my locals, 21 days without my locals mapped, I'm in agony :river

Where's Judge Judy, The Price is Right, NBC Nightly News, I'd kill to see this Thursday's ER rerun. I am going crazy without the nets!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help!!!! I'm in locals withdrawl. I actually watched the local news in analog today, I couldn't take it anymore, and just had to watch :yikes

bryan27 said:
Where is the new software? This is killing me, I can't sleep, I want my locals, 21 days without my locals mapped, I'm in agony :river

You know, of course, that after we get the new firmware everyone will quickly forget about that which was fixed, start harping on what is still/newly broken or missing. Within 2 days of the release all we'll hear is complaints about why it took so long but still did not fix everything. Then within 2 weeks people will be harping about when the next release is coming.

bbtkd said:
Within 2 days of the release all we'll hear is complaints about why it took so long but still did not fix everything.

I predict we will see complaint's as soon as it is released. Mass hysteria will begin with the first post of "I got the new software."

The 2nd post will be "Why haven't I got it yet?"

Followed by "I have the new software, but it doesn't save station X, I know it is transmitting" and "I'm only X miles from station Z why isn't it on the guide" or "I get station Y, but it keeps comming in and out" and "Where's station Q?"(station Q isn't even on the air yet).

A few days later posts will include "I'm getting station Y but the guide still shows 'No Information' why?"

Then the non OTA issues appear.

I was just scanning this thread when....oh, wait...never mind...scanning is still disabled... :)

Anyway, it would sure be nice to get the firmware update and a couple new channels prior to the holiday weekend...then we could complain about the new firmware while praising the release of 2 SD channels... :rolleyes:

There wouldn't so much mindless rumor and conjecture (oh, and complaints of course) if Voom were to occasionally post status updates on this Forum. I'll get off my high horse now.

FunkyBoss said:
Does anyone "in the know" about the new firmware update know if the PG will finally start with the channel you are currently on when you launch it? And not always 100!

Mine already does that. In the past it always went to channel 100 during STB start. Lately we noticed it will go back to the last channel we were watching.
Its been doing this for a couple weeks now and we finally noticed it.

Now if they can fix it while surfing the PG.

red ufo said:
Mine already does that. In the past it always went to channel 100 during STB start. Lately we noticed it will go back to the last channel we were watching.
Its been doing this for a couple weeks now and we finally noticed it.

Now if they can fix it while surfing the PG.
After powering on is a different function.

bbtkd said:
Within 2 days of the release all we'll hear is complaints about why it took so long but still did not fix everything. Then within 2 weeks people will be harping about when the next release is coming.

That is why I think-it's not smart to wait to fix 50 items and delay. In 1 to 2 years they will be able to do that. But when you have people paying big $ for a premium service (after all people who want HDTV have good and expensive taste) then you need to appear as if you are doing something about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts