AZBOX New firmware version 0.9.5402 for AzBox Elite, Ultra, Premium and Premium Plus models

Timeshift problem on HD channels DVB-C

Hello over there

First sorry for my english but hope you understand what im writing here.

Nice to see some new software because here in Europe we havent seen any new in more than a year and I think this one is a nice one :) There is only one problem and it is timeshift on HD channels. I can pause them but I cannot fast forward and rewind when I want to see something again. I can only resume from where I paused the tv. I'm with an AZbox premium+ with 2 DVB-C tuners. Do you have the same problem with DVB-S? The SD channels I have tried worked just fine. Hope someone can help me or maybe it can be fixed in the next release because it's a very annoying error.

Hope someone can help me

K-J

Hello over there

First sorry for my english but hope you understand what im writing here.

Nice to see some new software because here in Europe we havent seen any new in more than a year and I think this one is a nice one :) There is only one problem and it is timeshift on HD channels. I can pause them but I cannot fast forward and rewind when I want to see something again. I can only resume from where I paused the tv. I'm with an AZbox premium+ with 2 DVB-C tuners. Do you have the same problem with DVB-S? The SD channels I have tried worked just fine. Hope someone can help me or maybe it can be fixed in the next release because it's a very annoying error.

Hope someone can help me

K-J

If my memory serves me well, the 5308 or 9 firmware was unstable when recording or time-shifting on models that had two of the same tuners.
Then came the 0.9.0000 firmware from RSi, which didn't have this problem.

Maybe you can check, to see if your problem is gone when using RSi 0.9.0000
And maybe pwrsurge can then use that information to see if there is a difference. I'm no programmer, so I don't know. But I can imaging it could be helpful.

Gr.
Lange

If my memory serves me well, the 5308 or 9 firmware was unstable when recording or time-shifting on models that had two of the same tuners.
Then came the 0.9.0000 firmware from RSi, which didn't have this problem.

Maybe you can check, to see if your problem is gone when using RSi 0.9.0000
And maybe pwrsurge can then use that information to see if there is a difference. I'm no programmer, so I don't know. But I can imaging it could be helpful.

Gr.
Lange

Thx for your fast reply.
I just upgraded from RSI 0.90000:) This firmware have the same bug as RSI with timeshift but is faster:) Have only used this new firmware for some days so maybe more bugs will be found later.
Do anyone with 2x DVB-S have this error to? Maybe it is only dvb-c.
Im a programmer but only Java and C# so dont think I can help here but could be nice to make a stable official firmware after so many years with bugs.
For me only timeshift need to be fixed now and then I will never update the firmware again. "DON'T CHANGE SOMETHING THAT'S WORKING" :eek:)

I have had my channel list uploaded for about a year now and I'm due for an update. I was going to use one of the utility programs to come up with a clean slate. It sounds as if a factory reset with the firmware upgrade will do the trick.

One question: I'm assuming I can keep my GBoz settings and just program the DiSEQ on the AZBox in the normal way, right? I wrote down all the settings, so I can find the spacecraft again. But, it would be nice to save some time.

I have been using firmware 0.9.5309 on my Azbox Premium Plus, and recorded ABC-NET-2 in HD (99West) regularly all last fall. I have 2 DVB-S tuners and had no problem with recording or playing back, and I found that I could 'Fast-Forward' or 'Replay' with no problem. Now, I am recording completely and then playing back. I am not trying to 'FF' or 'Rew' while it is recording-I think that is not possible. I use one tuner for C-band and the other for Ku-band, and I have watched a program on one tuner while recording from the other tuner.

Loaded this firmware on my Ultra back a week or so ago but don't use the AZ much and use my S9 instead. I did fire it up today testing some stuff on file sharing and had it lock up twice while doing that?

It also doesn't play TS format video from the DVD on my computer and I was thinking that the old firmware I had on it did, ie, 5020?? Ennywho, has anyone else had problems while messing with the file server functions?

Hello again.
Is the source code aavailable for your releases? Im a programmer and maybe I can fix the last bug myself or maybe not but I will give it a try:)
Hope I can get the source code and the dokumentation and then I will take a look at it :eek:)

Lone Gunman;2930134 It also doesn't play TS format video from the DVD on my computer and I was thinking that the old firmware I had on it did said:
Most of my recordings are TS files made by MyTheatre. While they all play just fine in MyTheatre, other media players have problems with most of them. I use a program "MPEG2 Repair" that strips off the extra bytes from the lead-in that causes the problem. The AZ has played some of them that were not fixed, but very few.

Well, my Elite crashed today while doing the same thing I was doing on the Ultra the other day so it's not just one type receiver. At least at my house. Unless someone can tell me how to stop this, I'll probably revert to the 5020 firmware that has worked well for me in the past.:confused:

Well, my Elite crashed today while doing the same thing I was doing on the Ultra the other day so it's not just one type receiver. At least at my house. Unless someone can tell me how to stop this, I'll probably revert to the 5020 firmware that has worked well for me in the past.:confused:

I don't know what I did different from you but I installed this firmware on both my elite and ultra and haven't had any problems.

Need more specifics about what file sharing, DVD, etc., problems you are having. Transferring files? Reading/playing from computer/DVD? etc.? Details are needed to either try to duplicate, confirm, etc.

Elite crashed while looking at a movie list on a USB drive connected to it. Never had this happen on 5020. The Ultra did the same thing the other day while I was in the file manager section looking at the movie list on the internal hard drive and also while I was surfing my LAN from that AZ Ultra? It crashed in both? Keep in mind that I had been running 5020 for about a year or more and upgraded from that firmware to this new one. On the Ultra I saved the channel data via FTP then reloaded it after the firmware install. On the Elite I did a channel backup from the "Settings" menu to a flash drive, then did the firmware update. After that I reinstalled the original channel backup.

Did not do the factory reset on either box a after the firmware update.

I'm going to revert back to an earlier version on my Elite. A common problem I have is a recording will not stop at the correct time. For instance, I set up a recording from 3 AM to 4:30 AM this morning. Up at 6 AM, it's still flashing the "recording disk" on the vfd and will not respond to the remote.

Well, I tried to watch a movie on my Elite this afternoon and the receiver locked up and that movie wouldn't start until I rebooted then went back to it. Played that movie all the way through to make sure it would then after it finished, I went back to the TV menu. Once back to the TV menu I then went back to the Movie menu and tried to start that movie again and again the receiver locked up and I had to reboot it.

So, I reverted back to the 5020 firmware that I had been running prior to this update and once that was completed, that movie starts and plays fine?? I guess I'll go ahead and switch my Ultra back to 5020 also as it has the same problems the Elite does.

Elite crashed while looking at a movie list on a USB drive connected to it. Never had this happen on 5020. The Ultra did the same thing the other day while I was in the file manager section looking at the movie list on the internal hard drive and also while I was surfing my LAN from that AZ Ultra? It crashed in both? Keep in mind that I had been running 5020 for about a year or more and upgraded from that firmware to this new one. On the Ultra I saved the channel data via FTP then reloaded it after the firmware install. On the Elite I did a channel backup from the "Settings" menu to a flash drive, then did the firmware update. After that I reinstalled the original channel backup.

Did not do the factory reset on either box a after the firmware update.

Tried numerous tests with file manager and could not duplicate your problem. Did basically everything I could think of (transfer files from AZBox to computer and vice versa, transfer to and from USB stick, played files over the network from the computer, and checked computer, AZBox internal HDD, and USB directories and folders) . Nothing caused a crash or lock-up.

Don't believe it has anything to do with your channel/satellite data, as I am still using the same data I had when I had 5020 firmware. I have only done a factory re-set once to check out a different satellite list, but then re-loaded in the one I have, and also dropped back to 5306 (think from 5307?).

Also don't think it was because you updated from 5020, however, you could try dropping back to 5306 (which is where I updated from) and re-load in 5402 and see if than makes any difference before you drop back to 5020.

EDIT: See you posted again while I was typing/gathering my thoughts, LOL!

Hello Group,Is there anyway to get the AzBox ultra to scan up to 4300 mhz from default 4200.When i blind scan to 4300 my azbox stops at 84% and shows 4205 mhz.

Hello Lone Gunman,Thanks for replying back.I would ask if you could please try scanning the same setting in you spare time,But you use lnbfs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)