AZBOX New firmware version 0.9.5402 for AzBox Elite, Ultra, Premium and Premium Plus models

We have just released firmware version 0.9.5402 for Elite HD, Premium HD, Ultra HD and Premium HD Plus models.

It features the following improvements since 0.9.5400:

- YOUTUBE FIXED! :D
- Atlantic satellites and transponders updated
- European satellites updated

If you already have installed 0.9.5400, you may update to this new version simply by selecting Firmware upgrade <- Internet -> in System information. You may also update manually by downloading the firmware file from http://fw.azbox.ca using your computer and saving the new firmware version on the root level folder of your USB drive named as "patch.bin" and rebooting your AzBox with the drive plugged in.

Hope you all love this new firmware and please do post some feedback of how it's working out for you.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

I don't like the splash 1080 HD logo. Looks really fake and cheap. How can i change that logo?

I don't like the splash 1080 HD logo. Looks really fake and cheap. How can i change that logo?

Tune Azbox is a utility that will allow you to change the boot logo.

I don't believe the ACC program does this procedure. At least not from what I have seen.

The ACC is used to send the sat/channel list to both your main directory and back up as well at the same time.
However, Tune AZbox is much simpler to use to change the boot logo and also the banner design if you want to do that also.

Made an interesting discovery today with the 5402 firmware. You can once again successfully re-name channels without having to go to Advance Scan to do it without screwing up your channel list! Just finished running through a bunch of tests checking the problems I (and others) had encountered when I had made the following post quite a while ago:

"An old bug has re-surfaced with 5303 (one that I had previously reported with 5209, and had been later fixed) where if you re-name a channel it screws things up (copied from my 5209 bug report to AZBox forum): "If you re-name a channel, the following occurs: The channel cannot be re-named again (the second re-name will only hold until you scroll up/down the channel list past the channel, or exit the channel list).
After re-name, the information always at the bottom of the channel list (satellite/transponder/etc.) no longer appears.
When viewing the re-named channel, if you then go to the channel list, the list shows from the beginning of the channel list, instead of from where the channel is in the list.
Re-named channel cannot be deleted from the Favourites list (it does initially, but re-appears when you scroll up/down the channel list past the channel, or exit the channel list)."

"5303 NEW INFO: Have found an easy workaround (which will also recover any channels named though the channel list that are screwed up): Rename channels ONLY through Advance Scan & PID Edit."

where is the link for new firmware 0.9.5402,how can I resolve issue with azbox premium hd+
constant loading,tried 0.9. 5400 formating stick,renaming to patch.bin and patch only and
nothing,no screen menu on tv with rca or HDMI, am I missing steps here. Please help

where is the link for new firmware 0.9.5402,how can I resolve issue with azbox premium hd+
constant loading,tried 0.9. 5400 formating stick,renaming to patch.bin and patch only and
nothing,no screen menu on tv with rca or HDMI, am I missing steps here. Please help

You may download the 0.9.5402 firmware from http://fw.azbox.ca
In order to load firmware using your USB stick, the firmware file must be copied on the top level of your USB stick named as patch.bin (i.e. not inside any folder). You then have to reboot your receiver with the usb stick connected to the unit and you should eventually get the blue update screen after about 1 minute.

Regards,

PwrSurge

YOU TUBE DOE NOT WORK on my AZ Prem+ with 9.5402 I know others with same Waiting for connection problem. Since there seems to be no solution I am reverting back to using AZBox Branded F/W.

We are aware of this issue with the Youtube application due to changes that Google recently did to their Youtube website API.
Our apologies for the delay in releasing a new firmware update as we are focused on the upcoming North American miniMe release. We will be soon releasing a new firmware version for the older HD models (i.e. Elite, Premium, Ultra & Premium +) in order to resolve this issue and provide other enhancements if possible.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Thx for your fast reply.
I just upgraded from RSI 0.90000:) This firmware have the same bug as RSI with timeshift but is faster:) Have only used this new firmware for some days so maybe more bugs will be found later.
Do anyone with 2x DVB-S have this error to? Maybe it is only dvb-c.
Im a programmer but only Java and C# so dont think I can help here but could be nice to make a stable official firmware after so many years with bugs.
For me only timeshift need to be fixed now and then I will never update the firmware again. "DON'T CHANGE SOMETHING THAT'S WORKING" :eek:)

My AZBOX Premium + also cannot record and it also have two tuners. Did anyone have a fix for this?

Yep, I still can't pull in the Luken mux. Got Weather-HD back but nothing on Weather-SD.

I believe your going to find that the Luken mux is a hardware (tuner) problem not a software fix. Same thing for eScapes on Galaxy 16.
Maybe they can come up with a new tuner for these receiver's and swap them out... (just wishing)....
As for you tube, I kinda wish they never included this in the receiver and instead had a bit better hardware to receive the satellite signals instead. Seems like you tube changes the way their system works every few weeks and it is more of a hassle to update the firmware to fix it (IMO)....

I guess there must have been something done to the Luken transmission since I was getting it some time ago. I don't know when the change came since I didn't watch the Luken mux all that much. Oh well, not a great loss but if it was something that I watch on a regular basis I'd be a bit ticked off if I had to buy a new receiver so soon.

The Luken crap is just that, crap! I can't see how they'll hang on and stay solvent, when you look at their competition. With Cozi starting up, MeTV and AntennaTV, all of the decent programming has been spoken for. I've already seen some advertising on MeTV that shows their upcoming lineup changes for January. Add that to the Cozi list and the writing is on the wall for RTV. Now the Nashville Network is another item. I wish that they'd put that on a separate transponder, away from the crappy overcompressed S2 stuff.

On YouTube, I think that I agree with you. I wonder if they'd ever try to add a tuner that also did DC2, for any wildfeeds that are free to air. Sure, I have a 921, but would love to be able to see a DC2 HD feed, In The Clear.

The Luken crap is just that, crap! I can't see how they'll hang on and stay solvent, when you look at their competition. With Cozi starting up, MeTV and AntennaTV, all of the decent programming has been spoken for. I've already seen some advertising on MeTV that shows their upcoming lineup changes for January. Add that to the Cozi list and the writing is on the wall for RTV. Now the Nashville Network is another item. I wish that they'd put that on a separate transponder, away from the crappy overcompressed S2 stuff.

On YouTube, I think that I agree with you. I wonder if they'd ever try to add a tuner that also did DC2, for any wildfeeds that are free to air. Sure, I have a 921, but would love to be able to see a DC2 HD feed, In The Clear.

Since most DCII encrypted HD is now dvb-s2 you should have no problem seeing it, the old DCII and DCII megapipe feeds are different but will probably not be up there much longer anyways.

Both TVs I have now do U-tube so having it in the receiver is redundant. Would be nice if that part of the programming could be removed to allow more processor/memory space for better codecs etc.
My only 1 cent worth.. :)
-C.

Tried updating to this new firmware from v5020 back a month or two ago and got a bunch of crashes and bugs, especially when navigating the file system. Also had problems playing back movies off of my external and internal hard drives??

So, I went back to 5020 but was wondering if there's something special I need to do in order to get 5402 to work as well as others seem to be doing.

Is there some procedure that I don't know about for firmware upgrades when coming from as far back as 5020?

Thanks

Don't kid yourself. 5402 is the most unstable FW I've ever loaded on my Ultra. Just as you said,crashes when you switch modes. Mine will reboot itself when going back to satellite viewing. But yea it sucks. I'm just about convinced I'll never get any satisfaction from this AZbox. It's gone downhill from the day I got it. I'm going back to 5020. Not good but better than what we got now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)