new fortec HD specs

Status
Please reply by conversation.
the email I got from them said that they are going to release the ird first in euro without blindscan then release it later this year in NA with blindscan.

Im amazed how many feeds are 4:2:2 and also how good the quality is on some of these, I cant wait to see them on my 50" panny plasma :)

I believe it when I see pictures from a review showing a 4:2:2 feed. If it works I have a spot waiting for it. HDMI cable and optical cable waiting....

Even though I already have things hooked up to the 57inch for HD 4:2:2 feeds I'd love to compare the video between the two. Of course the STB would be easier since it had blind scan.

I agree though, pre release marketing hype is nothing but rumor untill the product is released, we've all seen many times how specs and features change from pre-release to release.

if it works, I also have a spot waiting for it :)

We will start testing the Fortec Passion tommorow. Will do some screen shots and provide a review in the next few days.

Let us know if there are any specific feeds that you would like tested.

Got the unit in just before I had to leave today ......... almost brought it home to start testing! Feels like being a kid and having to wait until tomorrow to play with a new toy!

We will start testing the Fortec Passion tommorow. Will do some screen shots and provide a review in the next few days.

4:2:2 Please

I'm sure someone here can PM you with specific feeds since I'm not sure what 4:2:2 would be in the open and on Lyngsat.

Satellite AV , this is great news .

Whats the price tag $ $ Do tell .................................

not so sure

I was trying to verify some of the rumors in this thread.
Boy, there sure does seem to be a lot of wishful thinking.

As for the Kaonmedia web site, here is a list of the DVB receivers they claim.
None are this unit.
But, I wouldn't put my newest OEM receiver on my web site, either. :)

If SatAV has one, I sure hope it's not been delivered with promises of what the firmware will do tomorrow.
The only thing that matters, is what it'll do today.

Careful reading of the FortecStar web site doesn't support some of the above excitement, either.
With any luck, they haven't tipped their hand on their web site, but let's see a review.

Got the unit in just before I had to leave today ......... almost brought it home to start testing! Feels like being a kid and having to wait until tomorrow to play with a new toy!

Pictures...pictures...pictures! We want to see it! It's been over 12 hours since your post and we all know you hooked it up and scanned the skies with it. :hungry: :hungry:

You lucky dog. :)

I have known about this receiver for about 7 months now and my mouth was watering the first time I heard the details of it.

If it does as they say then I want ONE maybe two... :D :D

Dang....and I was still wrestling over whether or not to order the Coolsat 8000, now another receiver thrown in the mix. Blind scan, 4:2:2, that would be skyscanner heaven. SatelliteAV, lets hear some details?;)

Sorry about the delay .......
We are patiently waiting for a firmware update before testing........

Will be back from NAB on Wednesday and hope that the update is ready.

Initial impression is that this receiver is well designed and will be a very desireable receiver for the hobbyists!

will you have a chance to try it out on a motor ? Im quite impressed with my fortec mercury II motor controls, very fast and very acurate.

seems like there is allways another toy Im trying to convince my wife of letting me buy, lol.

Would be nice to see what the Fortec can do, the Sonic view 8000HD is now out, so this will mean Sonic view, Captive works and Coolsat are out, and I guess Fortec will be sold soon.

I'm gonna have to start wearing a bib or something. All these goodies are making me drool !!
(now, what stuff of mine can I sell to get the Fortec Passion fund up and running?? )

grusome

4:2:2 Blindscan.. I've started saving money for one. I don't know how much it is going to cost me, but I want one.. I don't even have an HD set, just as long as it will give my standard resolution set a 4:2:2 picture to watch, I'm happy :) A downconverted HD feed would be nice too!

:hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

Man, I can't wait for the satelliteav review, I also can't wait to get my hands on one of these if all that is being said is true!

Status
Please reply by conversation.