new fortec HD specs

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Dang, that does look nice, I wish something other than Coming Soon though. Maybe Sadoun will have some info for us.

Like you said, gotta have blind/pscan though, that is the one feature of my merc II (I sold) that I miss. I really got spoiled by the merc II scanning options

it does have hdmi and if the ird supports NTSC then you can use scart adapters, this is what I use on my dm7000 as my panasonic plasma only supports NTSC. we'll have to see if it supports NTSC, would be nice, those vfd displays look awesome.

SatelliteGuys will have the first review of this new hot Fortec Star HD unit posted before the SBE 2007, including photos and screen shots.

Just thought we would give you something to look forward to ..... :D

Nice unit. I've got an HDMI port waiting for it if the prices are right. Gotta have the blindscan.

I doubt we will see 4:2:2 though. :(

I'd love to test the MPEG4 out on 148W.

Nope, won't work for 8psk turbo so you won't be able to test with whatever on 148.
Like other hdtv dvb currently available, 8psk is for dvb-s2.

Nice unit. I've got an HDMI port waiting for it if the prices are right. Gotta have the blindscan.

I doubt we will see 4:2:2 though. :(

I'd love to test the MPEG4 out on 148W.

this ird supports dvb-s2 8psk, but it most likley wont support dishnets proprietary turbo-fec ... once in awhile dishnet sends out a channel or two on fta, unsure if they realize their doing it or not, but it happens.

I have heard some rumors about this receiver. If the rumors are true, this is going to be one hell of a receiver. :)

Can't wait to see it.

Nope, won't work for 8psk turbo so you won't be able to test with whatever on 148.
Like other hdtv dvb currently available, 8psk is for dvb-s2.

Yes, you are correct in pointing out the differences of 8PSK. But you failed to realize I was talking about QPSK which I hope this receiver can do.

This may have been mentioned elsewhere, if so I appologize. But exactly what HD programming can we receive using one of these HD receivers when pertaining to FTA?

I thought DishNet uses 8psk turbo for HD...am I missing something?

Yes, you are correct in pointing out the differences of 8PSK. But you failed to realize I was talking about QPSK which I hope this receiver can do.

oK HERES another cross your fingers wishfull thinking .... I hope it does MPEG 4 tooooo..............

The specs says it does , but will it really.

I just got an email from fortec about this ird, wow, its gona nock the socks off the competion.

I recommend you email fortec and let them know your support and interest in this ird as well :)

SD/HD 4:2:2 and blindscan !

I took another look ........... it does look a little different , at least some of the buttons do........................ still I believe I heard someone call it Kaon Passion eventhough it has model numbers .

Oh Man, I sure hope you're right!

Al
the email I got from them said that they are going to release the ird first in euro without blindscan then release it later this year in NA with blindscan.

Im amazed how many feeds are 4:2:2 and also how good the quality is on some of these, I cant wait to see them on my 50" panny plasma :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)