New FTA service with 20 english channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sometimes you run into someone you just can't get along with. All adults know that!
Everybody's entitled to his opinion anyway. This is America, thank God! Hug and make up.

I can repoint my dishes in about ten minutes. I'm just waiting on freedbs. It's been a long wait so far. We're on page 92 of this post. Whew!!!

seems like some positive news coming this week.Look at freedbs news,

"" News Release: 7/11/2010
. ""If you are planning to buy a new FTA receiver, We would recommend that you wait 1-2 weeks for our news release before you make a decision. All new mpeg-4 receivers may not work with our "EPG" electronic program guide.

since freedbs will broadcoast everything for MPEG4 receivers ,few month after start,so I am requesting to buy any cheap HD, MPEG 4 receiver in GTA Toronto region.please PM me.thanks

Last edited:
Post # 891 Read Much...?

Some of this You already know...

News Release: 7/16/2010

EPG compatibility. Freedbs. LLC Program Guide should work with most mpeg-2 compatible FTA receivers with the stations that we are planning to go up with at first. When we switch over to mpeg-4 only, we will also be enacting a proprietary Guide that will only work with a authorized HD mpeg-4 receiver. Other mpeg-4 receivers should still receive our channels but not the guide.

News Release: 7/11/2010

If you are planning to buy a new FTA receiver, We would recommend that you wait 1-2 weeks for our news release before you make a decision. All new mpeg-4 receivers may not work with our "EPG" electronic program guide.

News Release: 7/08/2010

TVS Sports channel has been added to our lineup. Also Space Vid Cast had been added previously and plans on Streaming in HD full time soon.

News Release: 7/01/2010

We are in talks with other corporations and businesses that we are working with to bring this about. We are also categorizing our media.
Due to the number of repetitive e-mails, We have reduced the number of representatives you may contact by email.

News Release: 6/11/2010

We have removed the networks. When these channels are no longer available over the air, we will look at this issue again. :idea:
.....;)

I saw some comments about having a receiver just to work with this service.
Depending on who supplies those receivers, they -may- contain support for many other services we'd like.
Of course, if it's made to be cheap, the feature list may be pretty sparse.

Dealing direct with a Korean manufacturer is probably beyond the abilities of the company.
So, I hope SatAV is involved. He's done well by us in the past.
And, I wouldn't be surprised if two models were offered: cheap, and fully-packed.
If this is not on the business plan, let me suggest it. - :up
there hasn't been too many new receivers (or advancements with older ones) come out since the eyepatch gang got shutdown
with something like this to boost receiver sales, maybe we will finally get the holy grail of receivers, the hd box we have been waiting for.
i'll keep my fingers crossed;)

btw, thanks for the prayers, my wife is doing quite a bit better:)
Denny

Nice to Hear...!

there hasn't been too many new receivers (or advancements with older ones) come out since the eyepatch gang got shutdown
with something like this to boost receiver sales, maybe we will finally get the holy grail of receivers, the hd box we have been waiting for.

Denny

Great...! :yes:clap:yes

i pray for good health of your wife

Denny

Don't know if this has been posted or not, I have tried to keep up but...
Went to whitesprings.tv and they have listed that they will be changing their name to the golden age of movies channel, so I guess they are getting ready for the launch...I hope it is soon.
Terry

Don't know if this has been posted or not, I have tried to keep up but...
Went to whitesprings.tv and they have listed that they will be changing their name to the golden age of movies channel, so I guess they are getting ready for the launch...I hope it is soon.
Terry

I found the phrase "Watch for new satellite coordinates!" VERY interesting.

Let's all support a new company that competes

I say: Let's all put in to a hat that competes with Direct and Dish. Organization, contracts with channels, and some money, and pretty soon, our new company can compete. All we need is a card provider, a satellite transmitter and head end that receives, then supplies the new subscriber base with our re-broadcast. Say, put 50 channels up, put the price at half of what the other guys charge, make nothing as a company (.org it for the people who use the product) and VOILA!!!! Work for us all....................................................................:angel:

I say: Let's all put in to a hat that competes with Direct and Dish. Organization, contracts with channels, and some money, and pretty soon, our new company can compete. All we need is a card provider, a satellite transmitter and head end that receives, then supplies the new subscriber base with our re-broadcast. Say, put 50 channels up, put the price at half of what the other guys charge, make nothing as a company (.org it for the people who use the product) and VOILA!!!! Work for us all....................................................................:angel:
Oh, if one it were that easy!

There are estimated 1 to 2 million* free to air satellite receivers located in homes throughout the U.S. and Canada. Our intention is to take advantage of this massive viewer network
........................... When we switch over to mpeg-4 only, w.....
anybody see conflicting messages here?

or are all those those old sd fta boxes going to be fine?

why are they talking about switching from mpeg-2 to mpeg-4 before they have even transmitted any programming?

Who gives a rat's pattoot about EPG without any shows to worry about?

I am really confused. Are they OTA somewhere and didn't bother to mention it on their site?

Last edited:
Very simple-
They will make a markeet by starting with MPEG2 to let every one(having old fta mpeg2 receivers)know that ,they have free channels.
At the same time they will launch their specific HD-MPEG4 receiver in markeet.
A few months later they will shift to HD-MPEG4.it will force every one to buy their receiver,if wanna watch their fta and other , channels.

This has already been discussed at some length. Go back and read. Please post accurate information.

Start with mpeg2, transition to mpeg4 at some later date, only need their receiver for their electronic program guide.

As far as I know most current fta programming does not offer epg at all.

A lot of people that have FTA have it because they do not want to pay for a service like Dish or Directv.

It's sad but I think this company will have a rude awakening when most will not buy their receiver if this is really their plan. IMHO probably only a few hundred will. And even less will pay for a monthly subscription. That's not going to pay their bills and advertisers will not be interested since the viewer numbers will not be there.

There are "millions" of MPEG2 receivers out there in North America. They should market to those folks and come up with a business plan that can support their venture with those viewers.

I wish them luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)