New GEOSATpro microHD Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'll do the blind scans with the MicroHD when I buy it in April or whenever it goes public and let you know how it compares in both modes. I consider my list as confidential

Posted tonight's microHD scan results of the SatMex 5 satellite on this thread. Erased all transponders before the scan. 1 Radio and 78 TV channels were logged during the Normal Blind Scan mode then performed a TP scan with TV/Radio/Data mode selected to log the final 10 elusive TV channels.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/277770-results-blind-scan-satmex6-satmex5-c.html#post2777829

PM me to confidentially compare the logged transponders and channels if you are interested in proactively participating in the development of an even better microHD scan........

Last edited:
Scan in most of the TPs, some are weak way up here...
Did manage to find 36TPs but some were too weak to lock. Took a while to get the ones I did scan in by moving the dish e/w 1/4 degree.
See pm.
-C.

Wow, $125 isn't bad. Would you guys say its best to wait for this if I'm in the market for an inexpensive, good (quality/feature wise) receiver? Looks like the next big thing lol.

What's the big deal about this (seems like it definitely IS a big deal)?

Last edited:
Question: will this receiver be supported by Logitech Harmony remotes?

Also...I don't understand what all this Glorystar activation stuff is (or private network stuff). I WILL be able to find stupid Persian channels (channels outside of Iran...my parents hate Iranian propaganda lol) myself, right?

Also...I don't understand what all this Glorystar activation stuff is (or private network stuff). I WILL be able to find stupid Persian channels (channels outside of Iran...my parents hate Iranian propaganda lol) myself, right?

Glorystar is a name for the religious channels on 97W. Any receiver can pick them up

What Glorystar does is market a receiver that is "simple" to use. The Geosat models when you power them up for the 1st time asks Glorystar mode or Advanced. Advanced is what we all use. Glorystar loads the Glorystar approved channels in the receiver automatically and disables alot of functions like satellite setup and channel edit. When there is new software or channel updates you dont have to scan. It automatically adds/removes/changes them.

Again this only works in G* mode and not advanced (you can download software to the receiver via 97W too)

Wow, $125 isn't bad. Would you guys say its best to wait for this if I'm in the market for an inexpensive, good (quality/feature wise) receiver? Looks like the next big thing lol.

What's the big deal about this (seems like it definitely IS a big deal)?

At least in my opinion,the big deal is that he wants it to work and do what it's supposed to BEFORE he starts selling them : )

My Openbox S9 doesn't log nearly that many. I'm beginning to wonder what I may be missing!

yep, you're missing a lot in a dense signal environment with the Openboxes and Manhattan. My Openbox S10 and Manhattan routinely miss at least half of the known signals on satellites with high signal density like the Satmex birds.

I will say the MicroHD blind scan numbers seem very promising in what its found. I may have to put the MicroHD I buy in my satshack and put the manhattan in the family room rather than my original plan of the other way around. ;)

i finally got to 73 channels on satmex5 with the solomend/s9. but my plan is to give the microhd to the wife and the 8' dish and keep the s9 with the 6'. that should work well. charlie

Test12345 said:
Question: will this receiver be supported by Logitech Harmony remotes?

We have submitted the keycodes to Logitech and received confirmation. No idea what the timeline is for inclusion in their data set.

chaskuchar said:
i finally got to 73 channels on satmex5 with the solomend/s9.
Not sure if you are only performing a blind scan or if you are then performing a satellite or transponder scan on the new logged transponders?

Additional channels can often be logged by performing a regular satellite or transponder scan after completing the blind scan. Most STBs analyze the transponders differently in these modes and often can pick up additional services or service names that might be missed in a blind scan routine.

You might note that the microHD found 78 TV channels and one Radio channel on the first blind scan pass then logged an additional 10 TV channels when performing a Single Satellite Scan on the same logged transponders.

to get 73 i had to add all the missing transponders the blind scan didn't find and then individually scan the transponder. used the list of transponders from 'the list'. was an interesting day of finding out how good the solomend is. patiently waiting for the microhd so i can have a new receiver to play with. charlie

Status
Please reply by conversation.