New GEOSATpro microHD Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Brian, It look like this is going to be one sweet little box.One question will it be able to handle DISEqC 1.1 along with 1.2 or 1.3.
and with 22Khz tone switch.

If its like the other GeosatPro units I will say yes, yes, yes yes
Diseqc 1.1 yes
Diseqc 1.2 yes
USALS (Diseqc 1.3) yes
22k yes

Brian, I hate to hijack this topic anymore than it has been but would I be able to install this box vertically or will it block side vents?
It would be nice if it came with a small plastic stand to do that (hint, hint :))

The micoHD ventilation is more than adequate with a single side blocked, but it is all about air flow over the fins.

We might consider a vertical stand in a future revision, but at this time the case, graphics and cable weight would not be well suited to a vertical orientation. Remember that there is not much ballast with the receiver weight of 6.1 ounces!

How about two types of channel scans? Update: Add New Channels and a Complete Channel Scan selections.
1. The Add New Channel scan would ignore existing SIDs on each transponder and only add new found channels to the channel list.
2. A Complete Channel scan would erase channels from current satellite or transponder and rewrite all found channels.

That sounds like a great way to go!

trinity13 said:
Yes, using DVBWorld program with DVBWorld 2104C.
'True Oldies' right now is playing "There Goes My Baby" (The Drifters).

Thank you! How many audio services does the program log on this one transponder?

If its like the other GeosatPro units I will say yes, yes, yes yes

My first FTA receiver was a GEOSATPRO DVR1100C. In the motor set up for 1.2 you could not user define the motor position, the receiver automatically assigned the next unused number up to 32 where it started overwriting the beginning of the list. Next January when I connect the MICRO to my G-box I hope to be able to key in the existing positions without re-doing the whole geostationary arc. Then I will be saying yes, yes, yes.

Jim

Pixl said:
My first FTA receiver was a GEOSATPRO DVR1100C. In the motor set up for 1.2 you could not user define the motor position, the receiver automatically assigned the next unused number up to 32 where it started overwriting the beginning of the list.

The DSR100/200 and DVR1100 models were limited in the DiSEqC 1.2 position assignments by the chipset manufacturer. Firmware development could not expand the number of memory slots available or how they were assigned.

The microHD satellite list is capable of 150 satellites and currently has the ability to manually assign 99 DiSEqC 1.2 position assignments. We may expand support to 150, but unaware of any devices that support more than 99. Using a combination of switches and settings, I dont believe that one would use more than 99 positions operating several motors as the position assignments could be shared. One would have an incredible location to be able to see that many satellites (140 degrees divided by 2 degree spacing is 70 potential KU positions and 4 degree spacing for separate C-band positioning could add 35 positions). A few additional positions near the horizon and a super user could exceed the 99 position limit.

Anyone know of any motors or controllers that offer more than 99 positions?

Just for drill I blind scanned 139W with my CNX Duo loaded w/factory v.5.16LPB. I got 3952V10417 for that tp & sr: something like 253 channels.

Last edited:
Just for drill I blind scanned 139W with my CNX Duo loaded w/factory v.5.16LPB. I got 3952V10417 for that tp & sr: something like 253 channels.

Thank you Brex2001!

Was that 253 audio services on TP frequency 3951 or 253 total channels on the entire satellite after the blind scan?

The DSR100/200 and DVR1100 models were limited in the DiSEqC 1.2 position assignments by the chipset manufacturer. Firmware development could not expand the number of memory slots available or how they were assigned. Anyone know of any motors or controllers that offer more than 99 positions?

Brian,

The 99 positions is a generous improvement over the 32 we had in the DVR1100 and would suit my needs for the 68 positions I need when adding together C and Ku.

The two controller boxes I use, 1 G-box and 1 V-box both max out at 99 positions. No need for 150 in the Micro.

Thank you Brex2001!

Was that 253 audio services on TP frequency 3951 or 253 total channels on the entire satellite after the blind scan?[/QUOTE

The TPs were:
4133V5655 0 chan
4125V5787 chan 1-224
4111V5000 chan 225-333
3972V10127 chan 334
3952V10417 chan 335-586

This stb is inconsistent in its scans now - may have to factory reset & reload the SW with a null cable. This one has memory problems & super slow scanning.
I have another to try that isn't so flaky. Will get back to you on that one soon.

Thank you! How many audio services does the program log on this one transponder?

You're welcome.
Rough count was in the high 70's (78, but may be off one or three, lol).
And it did log in the names, some of them include the air time too.

trinity13 said:
You're welcome.
Rough count was in the high 70's (78, but may be off one or three, lol).
And it did log in the names, some of them include the air time too.

Interesting that it logged so few of the several hundred audio services, but such complete service names. Great additional info!

I scanned the other transponders listed above and now show 366 identified channels on this sat. the last channel number #1407

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)