New GEOSATpro microHD Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
After careful review and testing of the channel logging process we have decided to set the maximum services logged on a MUX per scan at the ALI supported 128 PMTs. This is a limitation of the maximum number of services logged on a single MUX during each scan. Exceeding this limit caused undesirable results so we have accepted the current limit of 128 PMTs maximum per scan. During successive scans of the 3951 Citidel transponder the microHD will log and list over 800 of the 1500 audio services.

While the microHD is not completely logging this transponder with an extraordinary number of services, we are at a point of potentially missing production deadlines without this giving this concession to the chipset manufacturer. We are convinced at this point that chipset design changes are necessary in order to reliably support logging in excess of 128 services per MUX per scan. We are exploring other options and will continue to push the development to log all of the audio services.

Yes. If the microHD does not find the service, you may always manually add.... but that isn't the point.... :D

After careful review and testing of the channel logging process we have decided to set the maximum services logged on a MUX per scan at the ALI supported 128 PMTs. This is a limitation of the maximum number of services logged on a single MUX during each scan. Exceeding this limit caused undesirable results so we have accepted the current limit of 128 PMTs maximum per scan. During successive scans of the 3951 Citidel transponder the microHD will log and list over 800 of the 1500 audio services.

While the microHD is not completely logging this transponder with an extraordinary number of services, we are at a point of potentially missing production deadlines without this giving this concession to the chipset manufacturer. We are convinced at this point that chipset design changes are necessary in order to reliably support logging in excess of 128 services per MUX per scan. We are exploring other options and will continue to push the development to log all of the audio services.

Yes. If the microHD does not find the service, you may always manually add.... but that isn't the point.... :D

Brian,

I'm a user - not a designer - can you translate that into english?

LOL..... translation:
We were trying to enable scanning all 1500 audio services on one transponder, but will have to settle on scanning up to 128 at a time. This is a limitation of the ALI M3601 chipset.

LOL..... translation:
We were trying to enable scanning all 1500 audio services on one transponder, but will have to settle on scanning up to 128 at a time. This is a limitation of the ALI M3601 chipset.

Thanks, now I'm really scared - that's what I thought it meant - maybe I need to read other sites more.:popcorn

We were just notified by our factory that the delivery of the microHD will be delayed until the end of February. The production date has been moved until after the Chinese New Year's holiday.

Production delays can be expected during first run production, but in this case a last minute decision on our part to increase DDR memory resulted in a component order change. The source of the memory has already cut-off parts delivery until after New Year's holidays. Had we continued with the current build, we would have had to introduce another model to provide new features. We did not want to start heading down the S9, S10, S12, S15 path....... :eek:

FYI.... Businesses and factories close for several weeks around the New Year's holidays. Most factory employees are not from the cities where the factories are located and travel home for their annual vacations during the New Year's holiday. One might think that production is only halted during the holiday, but the supply chain has a major slow down leading up to the holidays. Most suppliers cut-off orders 4 - 6 weeks before the holiday to prevent missed deadlines and deliveries. In this case, the supplier just closed the delivery dates for January and are now delivering product post holiday.

With the memory increase, the microHD will have more future development potential and increased reliability in function. We appreciate everyone's interest and input on the microHD and thank you in advance for your understanding on the delay.

My Chinese friends (email pals) over there all spend a few weeks back home for CNY, it's really a big deal unlike anything here. Wouldn't surprise me if WalMart in the USA stays open on Christmas day sometime in the future, the convenience stores in my town do. We need to relearn how to relax. Everyone reading this gets a 3 week holiday beginning Dec 24th, OK?

Thanks for the update for sure !!! I'd much rather wait for a rock solid product get it right the first time and upgrade to a newer model a year or two later lol :)

My Chinese friends (email pals) over there all spend a few weeks back home for CNY, it's really a big deal unlike anything here. Wouldn't surprise me if WalMart in the USA stays open on Christmas day sometime in the future, the convenience stores in my town do. We need to relearn how to relax. Everyone reading this gets a 3 week holiday beginning Dec 24th, OK?

Since my Retirement, I've been on Holiday for 3 years and counting !! :D

Yeah I have waited this long. End of February will be here before you know it. Yes Brian I would rather have something that works out of the box instead of having to update the firmware every week or so. An update here and there is expected but not as many as I have done with the Openboxs and still have bugs.

We were just notified by our factory that the delivery of the microHD will be delayed until the end of February. The production date has been moved until after the Chinese New Year's holiday.

The Christmas tree will have Mardi Gras decorations on it by then, but that's okay! There's a place for a microHD (or two) under it!

This delay is good for me. Give me some time to recover from the Christmas expenses.... if your taking up a pre-order list add me. :)

Set top devices such as TiVo or FTA receivers that I own all seem to have barely enough memory. Lag between menu changes and selections, occasional lock ups might be needing more memory. My Manhattan has more memory than any of my other STB and noticeable improvement in this area. I applaud the decision to add more to the Micro even if it contributes to the delay. I'll pay for the extra too. Performance will be worth it. Thank You.

Last edited:
Adding RAM to a computer is the easiest and cheapest way to improve performance. As a computer ages, lack of memory may be the first thing that prompts one to want a new machine. I like to configure any new PC purchase with its maximum memory possible so the device will have the longest useable life. I'll bet this also applies to an STB. Waiting for more memory and more complete / stable software is worth it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Programming Fortec Lifetime Ultra FTA receiver

Sacriledge!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)