New HD Channels Expected Today

I have the 61.5-110-119 set up with AT 200 and Platinum will I be able to get some of the new channels or will I be SOL again?

Ha Ha !

HLN-HD is HLN-SD plus two bars that say "HD" on the left and right. ;)

Flash Gordon is OAR and very crisp on EPIX1-HD

"World Cinema" on SHRTS-HD is 16x9 and good PQ.

Does HLN-HD at least look better than HLN has to date?

If only it had the goods like screen savers.

Like a lot of channels it took ona a whole new personality over time. It really is no ta tech channel anymore and even the gaming focus is largely a thing of the past.

If you have HD for $10 PLUS platinum pack for another $10 ($20 all together) now, you will get Epix and Shorts for no extra charge. If you have HD for $10 but DO NOT have Platinum pack (included or for $10 a month), you wont.

The only question is if you have the current super-secret HD+Platinum for a total of $10 whether you will get Epix and Shorts. We will all find out together in a few hours.

BTW NAT GEO WILD is now available in SD on channel 190 and has been since early this morning

FOX REALITY IS GONE
I have HD & platinum for $10..u have to cancel platinum (online) then u can readd it as Platinum & HD

IMHO, the HLN-HD PQ is the same as the HLN-SD PQ (unlike some channels which look somewhat better with the HD channel's bandwidth (eg CNBC-HD).

It looks like HLN is still using 1980s studio cameras...

It looks better to me than SD ...in my opinion.

According to an article about CNN's upgrade to HD in TV Technology on April 7, they will have their primetime shows in HD by this summer and the rest to follow by fall.

Darn.
I'm off work in 1 hour. Hopefully everything is smooth once I return home.

I'll prob. have to update the guide information, of course.

Just spent 60 minutes on the phone with support to find out why I'm not receiving any new channels.

Conclusion: I need new sat dish setup.

I was afraid of that..

Currently on 110, 119, 61.5. She said it would cost me $100 to get new dish.

You are SOL like me (Not on 61.5).. Well according to the CSR.
I have an extra DISH. I don't know if I can work this out myself with the equipment I have. I guess I need to start reading, pay the money or switch.

Good question. Are these new channels at 72.7w?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts