New HD local markets being launched

I wouldn't worry about it... as it sounds like you are good to go. They'll contact you if they are going to get rid of them off of 129.

Digi, not really sure if this is the right place for this question and even if you can answer or take a guess at it. My issue deals with the fact that Little Rock HD locals are conus and on 77W and because all this news about new HD locals coming on various other satellites, I've been reluctant to make my wing dish for 77W permanent with hopes that Little Rock will end up on 129 or maybe even 119 like Shreveport is apparently heading. EA is not an option for me so I'm stuck with WA and the wing dish in order to get my HD local networks. In incite on this will be appreciated. Thanks for your help and also the info that you provide us all.

Digi, not really sure if this is the right place for this question and even if you can answer or take a guess at it. My issue deals with the fact that Little Rock HD locals are conus and on 77W and because all this news about new HD locals coming on various other satellites, I've been reluctant to make my wing dish for 77W permanent with hopes that Little Rock will end up on 129 or maybe even 119 like Shreveport is apparently heading. EA is not an option for me so I'm stuck with WA and the wing dish in order to get my HD local networks. In incite on this will be appreciated. Thanks for your help and also the info that you provide us all.

Obviously, I'm not Digi, but the way I understand it is...

You have been designated Eastern Arc. That won't change.

My market is being changed to Eastern Arc. That won't change.

I do think that 77 will eventually get a spotbeam satellite, so we all won't be CONUS forever. My brother lives in Dallas and they are Dual Arc (ie... Locals are on both Arc's). He has a Western Arc Dish. If he had Eastern, he would 'move' home for football season, so he could watch the Saints.

Dish is really pushing getting everyone on one arc.

Digi may can offer more... But I tried. :)

GAH!

The DMA next to mine, Bangor,ME is getting PBS and the CW in HD. My DMA doesn't have that.

People are always talking about how easy it is to "move," is it really that easy/can it be done on the website?

Damn anyway to make a buck I suppose. I didn't get charged when we "moved" back to our billing address about a month ago.

GAH!

The DMA next to mine, Bangor,ME is getting PBS and the CW in HD. My DMA doesn't have that.

I get Bangor as a LIL for NBC and ABC. I assume that means I'll get the HD feed when it becomes available instead of SD (well, I hope that is the case.)

Don't get The CW as a LIL. Not sure why.

What DMA are you in? Presque Isle?

Yes.

What CW do you have? Portland-Auburn?

I don't get a CW. Not sure why. When I "moved" from Bangor back home in June with locals going live, CW Bangor disapeared and nothing came in to replace it.

Not sure if there is an error or if they are not allowed to provide CW Bangor as a LIL.

Assuming Digiblur is spot on, the Paducah and other DMAs should be lit up tomorrow. But unless they do some massive shifting, it looks like it will have the locals in HD on 77, which is not where anyone around here is pointing.

So will Dish do the changes needed, like wing dishes, new dish, whatever; proactively, or should I plan on calling?

And for me, if they decide to do a wing dish, how far from the main dish can it be? Where my dish is now, 77 wouldn't be viewable (I think).

thanks

So, if Pittsburgh HD is going to be available on 77, does that mean Pittsburgh customers will be eligible for Eastern Arc? I currently get my HD locals on 118, and I have a side dish pointed at 61.5, but I'm missing some of the newer HD nationals because I have trees blocking 129. I called a few weeks ago to ask about Eastern Arc, and the CSR told me Pittsburgh wasn't eligible.

Assuming Digiblur is spot on, the Paducah and other DMAs should be lit up tomorrow. But unless they do some massive shifting, it looks like it will have the locals in HD on 77, which is not where anyone around here is pointing.

So will Dish do the changes needed, like wing dishes, new dish, whatever; proactively, or should I plan on calling?

And for me, if they decide to do a wing dish, how far from the main dish can it be? Where my dish is now, 77 wouldn't be viewable (I think).

thanks

You generally have to contact them. They are usually tardy with their mailings. Remember the CSRs won't have any info until the day after. The wing can be quite some distance (100 feet or more) from the main antenna if you get a wing. You may get a 1000.4 install instead, depending on whether you have all ViP receivers and other factors.

You generally have to contact them. They are usually tardy with their mailings. Remember the CSRs won't have any info until the day after. The wing can be quite some distance (100 feet or more) from the main antenna if you get a wing. You may get a 1000.4 install instead, depending on whether you have all ViP receivers and other factors.

Thanks for the info.

I currently have a 722k and a 625 but would like to upgrade that 625, but I'm a bit less than a year from getting it. When I call, I'll work on an EA install which should kick the equipment up too, with a bit of luck.

I see Macon is going to launch on 77 Conus. I am currently setup for Western Arc with a 1000.2 dish. What will I need to do get these new Channels. I am assuming I will have to switch to Eastern Arc. Is that something Dish will do for free? If so, I believe the dish I would get would be the 1000.4, correct? The 1000.2 at my house right now is mounted to the eave of my house, would the 1000.4 be able to use the same mounting pole or would they have to remount it?

I see Macon is going to launch on 77 Conus. I am currently setup for Western Arc with a 1000.2 dish. What will I need to do get these new Channels. I am assuming I will have to switch to Eastern Arc. Is that something Dish will do for free? If so, I believe the dish I would get would be the 1000.4, correct? The 1000.2 at my house right now is mounted to the eave of my house, would the 1000.4 be able to use the same mounting pole or would they have to remount it?

You would be fine with what you have set up right now. That is until the day Macon becomes EA only. Also, you don't really want what is coming from 77°. The signals from there are pretty weak.

I am taking it that Monroe is still uplinked to 77... If that is true, they will have to change lots of dishes.

Direct is launching our locals this month too.

I currently am "moved" to Baton Rouge. I am in the Monroe area. 77 is not cool. Dish had better be ready to absorb some cost because Direct is looking good with the locals coming real soon.

I will not move back to Monroe until I can figure out what I havr to do to get my locals in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts