New Hd Locals Coming!!!

always amazing how a simple post gets lots of activity!
I did not scroll down the sticky to find the info!
You might want a separate sticky just for local HD info.

Well when Dish adds these there will not be many left to add from the list of cities that they had listed. Now if they would get OKC up and going I would be a happy camper. :)

Uplink OK...what about delivery!

Would love an opinion from one of the experts. When will we actually see DELIVERY / BROADCAST of these channels?

Thanks. Love the site.

The Jabberwock

teamerickson said:
Any idea when these are going live?
A couple of threads here & AVSForum point to Thurs., May 11th!
Some info directly from local installers. I bet they mention during Tech Chat tonight.
I want to be positive before I schedule an install appointment.

MacKenzieIII said:
HD WB? Wow that would be great, wonder when/if they will turn that on for those of us in LA.

Our WB is owned by our NBC affiliate. Might have been part of a package deal. Interesting though since D* didn't pick it up and as of yet don't have Fox. Now if CBS would have packaged our UPN with it we'd have been set. It's owned by Viacom.

Scott

Tahoerob said:
A couple of threads here & AVSForum point to Thurs., May 11th!
Some info directly from local installers. I bet they mention during Tech Chat tonight.
I want to be positive before I schedule an install appointment.

On the Tech Chat they said "mid-May"... no specific date.

Larry
SF

MYNAMEHERE said:
They also showed a graphic that showed St. Louis will be added by mid-May, but they said 11 more cities will be added but the list showed 13???
there are 11 Hd local channels available now, 13 others that are uplinked and not avail. to subs yet. thats what he was talking about, go to BFG's thread and package and info list, he has it broken down whats what! its a really nice informative thread.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=32421

stuart628 said:
there are 11 Hd local channels available now, 13 others that are uplinked and not avail. to subs yet. thats what he was talking about, go to BFG's thread and package and info list, he has it broken down whats what! its a really nice informative thread.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=32421
Your numbers are swapped.

13 available.
New York, NY
Los Angeles, CA
Chicago, IL
Boston, MA
Albuquerque, NM
Denver, CO
Nashville, TN
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Philadelphia, PA
Washington, DC
Atlanta, GA
Salt Lake City, UT
Kansas City, MO

11 in the uplink phase and not available.
Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX
Houston, TX
Sacramento, CA
Miami, FL
San Diego, CA
Seattle, WA
Portland, OR
San Antonio, TX
Spokane, WA
San Francisco, CA
Phoenix, AZ

Except one thing is missing, Detroit HD locals were shown on the slate last night for the Mid-May addition as well. I think there was another city also, thats not in the 11/13 list above.

JohnH said:
Your numbers are swapped.

13 available.
New York, NY
Los Angeles, CA
Chicago, IL
Boston, MA
Albuquerque, NM
Denver, CO
Nashville, TN
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Philadelphia, PA
Washington, DC
Atlanta, GA
Salt Lake City, UT
Kansas City, MO

11 in the uplink phase and not available.
Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX
Houston, TX
Sacramento, CA
Miami, FL
San Diego, CA
Seattle, WA
Portland, OR
San Antonio, TX
Spokane, WA
San Francisco, CA
Phoenix, AZ
Sorry had a cixelsyd moment!

Once again, my biggest question is what satellite will the Detroit HD locals be on? If it is 110 or 61.5, I'm all set. Otherwise, I'm going to need a Dish 1000. Does anybody have any inside scoop? The one thing I will say is that they refused to give me a free Dish 1000 with my 622 upgrades.

trafter said:
Once again, my biggest question is what satellite will the Detroit HD locals be on? If it is 110 or 61.5, I'm all set. Otherwise, I'm going to need a Dish 1000. Does anybody have any inside scoop? The one thing I will say is that they refused to give me a free Dish 1000 with my 622 upgrades.
They should be on 110/119. Hopefully we get them before the fall tv season starts!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts