NEW HD RUMOR; 24 HD Channels for DirecTV..Bye bye Voom

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hell Raiser said:
Could you give us a hint at what date this may all take place(New HD Channels)..just a taste!

Or I will be forced to pound another pin in my head!!

Sorry but like I said before I don't have a date and all I've been told is it will happen before the end of the year but most likely closer to today than the end of the year. Right now my contact is under a very tight roof when it comes to telling others about information. Now I'm having to use another contact besides my brother because if if he told me they would catch him within hours.

Now all I will say and I've been told this by both contacts including my brother is that the list that will be final which is the list of 24 total HD channels will not include NFL Sunday Ticket channels 90-98 and will also not include the PPV/Spice and Special Events channels.

LonghornXP said:
Also it looks like TNT HD will be coming this weekend if things don't go sour as far as the contract goes but other than that I have no new information today.

Where did this info come from? I am about to cancel Voom and pick up the HD Tivo and would love to have TNT-HD.

Wayne

rkr0923 said:
well looks like no NASCAR HD this weekend....thanks DTV!

The current NASCAR races on TNT-HD are not true HD, just up-converted. I will say that they look much better than what is shown on the SD TNT channel.

Looks like they are rolling out 1 channel at a time I guess after 10 weeks we will have a better idea. I wonder why they would launch TNTHD and not the others that have supposedly contracts in place.

LonghornXP said:
Sorry but like I said before I don't have a date and all I've been told is it will happen before the end of the year but most likely closer to today than the end of the year. Right now my contact is under a very tight roof when it comes to telling others about information. Now I'm having to use another contact besides my brother because if if he told me they would catch him within hours.

Now all I will say and I've been told this by both contacts including my brother is that the list that will be final which is the list of 24 total HD channels will not include NFL Sunday Ticket channels 90-98 and will also not include the PPV/Spice and Special Events channels.

Okay my fellow OSX user, I will bow down before you when TNTHD hits the guide. One question, I heard from a source here in LA- that HBOHD-W is also going to be added. Can you confirm that?

LonghornXP said:
Also it looks like TNT HD will be coming this weekend if things don't go sour as far as the contract goes but other than that I have no new information today.

Can some one tell me where this info is coming from..... his brother?

Wayne

rkr0923 said:
well looks like no NASCAR HD this weekend....thanks DTV!
Keep in mind that Bravo wasn't turned on until EXACTLY when the US Open started. But of course, in that case, Bravo was already offically announced as coming, and we had pretty strong rumors that it was coming that day.

Seawaves said:
Okay my fellow OSX user, I will bow down before you when TNTHD hits the guide. One question, I heard from a source here in LA- that HBOHD-W is also going to be added. Can you confirm that?

I haven't been told anything about HBO HD west being added but it still could be added. Also how do you know I use a Mac.

Dreedy said:
Can some one tell me where this info is coming from..... his brother?

Wayne

Not from my brother but from my other contact. My brother has been told to be very tight lipped when talking to me and his job is one the line because these new channels whatever they are can't be made known until legally allowed. This isn't just my brother getting in trouble its DirecTV getting in trouble for insider trading. If they announced new HD channels before that should have been said that would inflate all the companies stocks involved and that can't be allowed.

But the reason Bravo HD+ was rumored and talked about was because a deal was done for many weeks but right now TNT HD still doesn't have a deal but they may have one done right in time for this weekend but no contacts can say its coming until a deal is worked out and a legal binding contract is signed.

LonghornXP said:
Not from my brother but from my other contact. My brother has been told to be very tight lipped when talking to me and his job is one the line because these new channels whatever they are can't be made known until legally allowed. This isn't just my brother getting in trouble its DirecTV getting in trouble for insider trading. If they announced new HD channels before that should have been said that would inflate all the companies stocks involved and that can't be allowed.

But the reason Bravo HD+ was rumored and talked about was because a deal was done for many weeks but right now TNT HD still doesn't have a deal but they may have one done right in time for this weekend but no contacts can say its coming until a deal is worked out and a legal binding contract is signed.

Thx,

Wayne

LonghornXP said:
I haven't been told anything about HBO HD west being added but it still could be added. Also how do you know I use a Mac.

Long,

You metioned in another post that you used a Mac when asked about your handle. Thanks for the update.

LOL, My brother could be the president of D* and would not tell me a friggin thing! He works with JMAST and wont tell me crap other than what is publically known.

ats7627...........the race at Richmond this coming Saturday will be in true HD 1080i.........This is a definate thing!!!!!

Longhorn .............I'm hoping/praying your contact is correct about TNTHD this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I watched a Nascar Busch western division race in 1080i this past weekend on HDNET................man that was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I'm hoping for it as well and I'm thinking about 80% chance of TNT HD being up this weekend or at worst we might see the race on Special Events and TNT HD following shortly.

I guess I did mention that I had a Mac. I'm still waiting for Virtual PC 7 so I can have G5 support so I'm not very happy that Microsoft took over Connectix.

But like another user said I'm lucky I get my brother to say anything to me. He does have quite a bit to lose and telling me is risking it because for some reason my biggest weakness is keeping my mouth shut.

You Sissies ... get a real OS .. I am running SuSe Linux 9.1 and Mandrake 10 ... love both of them! Actually I guess Mac's are Linux so you're half way there :) (say the Micro$oft bashing MCSE tee hee hee)

slacker9876 said:
You Sissies ... get a real OS .. I am running SuSe Linux 9.1 and Mandrake 10 ... love both of them! Actually I guess Mac's are Linux so you're half way there :) (say the Micro$oft bashing MCSE tee hee hee)

Actually mac os x is a real OS just like Linux and I quite like OS X very much I thank you. Also Mac OS X is based on BSD not linux or should I say its based off of Unix.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)