NEW HD RUMOR; 24 HD Channels for DirecTV..Bye bye Voom

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'll be at the race in Richmond this weekend fellas. Row 4 between turns 1 and 2. Now thats true HD. Hope that TNT-HD is a reality though.

rad said:
Well here's some news for 2005 but nothing about new channels this year:
http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2004/Sep/1071560.htm
But the fact that they are announcing launching four new Ka band satellites, to me, makes it even more unlikely that they have four already up. And the quote
These satellites will provide DIRECTV the capability to bring local and national HD programming and other advanced services to every U.S. household. Consumers will be able to receive all of these services, as well as existing DIRECTV(R) programming, with a single small satellite dish.
Seems to make it unlikely that they are introducing a "monster" dish.

But that's just my spin. :)

slacker9876 said:
You Sissies ... get a real OS .. I am running SuSe Linux 9.1 and Mandrake 10 ... love both of them! Actually I guess Mac's are Linux so you're half way there :) (say the Micro$oft bashing MCSE tee hee hee)

Slacker...

Macs are Linux, say what? How about Unix with a Apple GUI? I got my MCSE cause I knew there was money in all that sloppy MS code..lol..

LonghornXP said:
Actually mac os x is a real OS just like Linux and I quite like OS X very much I thank you. Also Mac OS X is based on BSD not linux or should I say its based off of Unix.

Long- (OSXP)

Can you please ask for me about HBOHD-W? Thanks man.

Some things from a DirecTV Rep.

I was talking with a DirecTV (regional rep) today - and the "rumor" is that TNTHD is on its way, and soon (he wouldn't tell me when, but, from what he was saying - it could be in the next couple days, implying that the contracts are done.)

Also - in regards to the "superdish" - from what I was gathering - something like it or similar will only be required @ the moment for smaller markets (to recieve local channels)

Hey LonghornXP have you heard anymore about TNT-HD being up by tomorrow night?

Not much yet sorry to say. Also please be aware that if things do change as far as any news I might not be able to post on these boards around Tuesday because if Ivan hits up the gut of Tampa Bay I will have many other important things to do like getting a flight up north before it hits and hoping my house isn't under water and gone when I get back.

Well I'm right smack on Clearwater Beach so if Ivan hits up the gut I will get a direct storm surge hit and my house isn't much more than 20 feet high. If I have to start over again I might move upto Boston and live there all year. I grew up in Boston and I've been thinking about just moving there for a few years.

LonghornXP said:
Well I'm right smack on Clearwater Beach so if Ivan hits up the gut I will get a direct storm surge hit and my house isn't much more than 20 feet high. If I have to start over again I might move upto Boston and live there all year. I grew up in Boston and I've been thinking about just moving there for a few years.
We'll all root for the damn thing to head back into the Carribean and leave Florida alone - enough is enough!

I just hope it doesn't hit the Gulf and head for Texas. All of my family are in Texas.

I also hope it doesn't skirt up the East coast as my best friend and his wife live in SC. Granite they are 100 miles inland in Columbia but with this being a Cat 5 storm you never know.

I am hoping and praying for all you Floridians. I can't believe the storms yall have gotten lately.

Neutron said:
I just hope it doesn't hit the Gulf and head for Texas. All of my family are in Texas.

I also hope it doesn't skirt up the East coast as my best friend and his wife live in SC. Granite they are 100 miles inland in Columbia but with this being a Cat 5 storm you never know.

I am hoping and praying for all you Floridians. I can't believe the storms yall have gotten lately.

Sadly to say some state is going to get really fu*ked by this storm no matter what.

LonghornXP & everyone in Fla......this is too much........I pray this is the end for a LONG TIME! Children washed away by a huge wave & the storm is 200 miles out.......Who did we PO? :confused:

Barney

Barneypoo69 said:
LonghornXP & everyone in Fla......this is too much........I pray this is the end for a LONG TIME! Children washed away by a huge wave & the storm is 200 miles out.......Who did we PO? :confused:

:::::Struggling not to make a political comment:::::::

~Alan

Neutron said:

I have family in Corpus Christi, so I really hope it doesn't go down there either, but at the moment, they are still saying it looks like it will be coming through Florida and right on top of us again. Charley did nothing to us, not even rain really, but Francine cause a lot of trees to uproot, downed power lines and loss of power for many not to mention very strong rain and some flooding. If the flood levels are not down normal stages by the time Ivan gets here, we could have a real mess there too!!

~Alan

hey dtv rep.....please hurry and add cinemaxhd, starzhd and all the other hd
channels you're promising. If you'll add all the premium channels in hd I can just
about throw out my dvd player

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts