New HDDVD Deals

I was grocery shopping at the local Kroger variant tonight and took a look in the bargain DVD bin. They had 50ish combo HD-DVDs in there for $3.99 to $5.99. Picked up 6 more, mostly at the $3.99 price.

They had a label on them saying that these were regular DVDs with a bonus HD feature. :)

I went back to Fry's and picked up several HD DVDs, including BSG Season 1, for $14.99; Blue Planet/THe Dream is Alive; Inside Man; to add to Meet the Parents and Smokey and the Bandit, which I picked up the other day. They also had good sales on some BDs; got Men In Black and Starship Troopers in BD for $11.99. It was a good night at Fry's. :D

Its a good thing I don't have one of those stores here. :)

No, I knew about it in the SW burbs. :)

I've been there three times in the last 6 months. Yep, its an hour, but its also the only game in town for supplies now that CompUSA is belly up. I try to coordinate around other reasons to be in the city.

BTW, there is also a Microcenter in the same area. (near Rosemont)

I've been there three times in the last 6 months. Yep, its an hour, but its also the only game in town for supplies now that CompUSA is belly up. I try to coordinate around other reasons to be in the city.

BTW, there is also a Microcenter in the same area. (near Rosemont)

Its on the list of places to go when we head into the burbs in the next month. Julie wants to go to IKEA, I want to go to Fry's, and Nick wants to go to the Lego Discovery Center.

There is a Microcenter just a few miles from where I was in Columbus yesterday. It is 3 hours from my house so it will be a while before I am back up there.

I was grocery shopping at the local Kroger variant tonight and took a look in the bargain DVD bin. They had 50ish combo HD-DVDs in there for $3.99 to $5.99. Picked up 6 more, mostly at the $3.99 price.

They had a label on them saying that these were regular DVDs with a bonus HD feature. :)
Ditto on the Kroger. Since I read your post I had been looking at Kroger to see if they had anything, last night I noticed a big bin of movies in the aisle by the eggs and cheese of all things. It said the same thing about it being a "bonus HD feature". Some titles that I remember:

Children of Men
The Hitcher
Fast and Furious:Tokyo Drift
Hollywoodland
Elizabeth: The Golden Age
I Now Pronounce You Church and Larry
Unleashed

I'm sure there were a few more that I'm just not remembering.

I'm sure there were a few more that I'm just not remembering.

Well, the ones I picked up were :
Evan Almighty
Dazed and Confused (to replace a defective one from inetvideo)
Hollywoodland
Smoking Aces
American Werewolf in London

I also remember The Good Shepherd which I already had.

I went and looked and bought 6 of them. They had about a dozen or so to choose from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)