New HDDVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

igzo99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
Guys, I recently decided to purchase a new HDDVR to replace my old one. I went to the D* website and ordered what I thought was the latest model. When it arrived, I was dissapointed to find that the model sent to me was the same model I am trying to replace. On top of that, there was no original packaging or box so what was sent to me was more likely a re-furb. I'm outta contract so I didn't activate it. I instead called D* and informed them of the situation. I was told that D* has no control over what comes from their wherehouses. Far as I can tell, I'm not under contract...so D* was selling me the DVR for $99 if I sign up for another two years. I'm ok with that, but shouldn't I be getting the latest HDDVR that is advertised on their site and not some refurbed model that I was not happy with in the 1st place? Anyone have any suggestions on how to go about this?

Guys, I recently decided to purchase a new HDDVR to replace my old one. I went to the D* website and ordered what I thought was the latest model. When it arrived, I was dissapointed to find that the model sent to me was the same model I am trying to replace. On top of that, there was no original packaging or box so what was sent to me was more likely a re-furb. I'm outta contract so I didn't activate it. I instead called D* and informed them of the situation. I was told that D* has no control over what comes from their wherehouses. Far as I can tell, I'm not under contract...so D* was selling me the DVR for $99 if I sign up for another two years. I'm ok with that, but shouldn't I be getting the latest HDDVR that is advertised on their site and not some refurbed model that I was not happy with in the 1st place? Anyone have any suggestions on how to go about this?

DirecTV's policy is you get whatever you get when you order a receiver directly from them. If you order an HD-DVR, you will get an HD-DVR. It may be an HR24, it may not. It may be new, it may not.

Your best best is to buy one from an internet reseller....it'll still be a leased box, just as if you bought it from DirecTV.....but you can order specifically what you want.

If you haven't activated the "new" one, call and see if you can send it back for full credit. Then order an HR24 from a vendor. You won't be disappointed!

Thanks guys, those are great ideas I didn't even think of. I didn't activate it so I should be able to return it.

Guys, one last question. What internet sellers do you suggest? Will I have to pay the full retail price for it as well, instead of the $100 discount D* was giving me?

The only way to get the $99 discount is to order from DIRECTV. Think of buying elsewhere as insurance against going through your current disappointment again.

You may be able to beat some pain and suffering credits out of DIRECTV, but don't hold your breath.

I hear ya, I'm more willing to pay the extra money to avoid being on the phone w/D* pleading for sympathy.

I have stated mutliple times before and there even a thread about it call how to get an hr24, I clearly state do not buy from DTV. If you want a hr24 order from solidsignal or weaknees and be done with it. We do not get to pick models and no where does it say you will get a specific model.

That is just plain wrong. If I order a new HD PVR from Directv I should receive the latest receiver in NEW condition!! That is what they show on their website. It is misleading.

To the OP - return it.

I think the OP is replacing and not upgrading. Therefore no extension.

My bad. I thought I read where upgrading will do it not a replacement. Probably read it wrong.

If I'm past my 90 day install and my dvr goes. Do I get another at no charge WITHOUT the pp?

My bad. I thought I read where upgrading will do it not a replacement. Probably read it wrong.

If I'm past my 90 day install and my dvr goes. Do I get another at no charge WITHOUT the pp?

Yes, but you may have to pay the shipping, $19.95.

Yes but the customer did an upgrade and not an erp . he ordered from the website per his own omission. ERP or replacments as the common terms go are only orderable via an tech agent.

So, if I wanted to replace my HR 21 with an HR 24 that I order off another website, do I get to keep both receivers, or will I need to ship the HR21 back to D*?

So, if I wanted to replace my HR 21 with an HR 24 that I order off another website, do I get to keep both receivers, or will I need to ship the HR21 back to D*?
You'll be required to return the receiver so someone else can get it instead of the HR24 that they were expecting.

With one or two notable exceptions, it seems that most HR2x series receivers are still being turned around.

If you want to keep both receivers active you will be fine. Just activate the 24 and do nothing with the 21 and you can use both.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts