new HH motor and Azbox

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
Is there some kind of trick to getting the Azbox (Elite) to control a diseqc 1.2 HH motor? I can use the manual button on the motor and move west and east but the Azbox operation keeps alternating between east and stop or west and stop and the dish doesn't move.

JohnnyNobody,

No, there is no trick, but you should use USALS. Get your true south satellite aligned well using USALS and you should be able to locate all the rest fairly easily using USALS as well. Make sure that you enter your latitude and longitude coordinates in the USALS menu correctly. You only need to enter these coordinates one time, for one satellite. The AZBox will transfer this data to all the other satellites (any FTA STB with true USALS will do this for you).

I noticed that you are located in Western Nebraska... Where are you exactly? I have family out west of North Platte, south of Sutherland and around the Wallace area. If you are in that area, you might look up my brother Dave and his wife Leslie at "Chrisman Floral and TV" in Wallace. Tell Dave that Gordy referred you there, he will appreciate the company.

Back to your question... The setup is identical to all other receivers that are USALS compatible. Read through some of the posts in the FAQ's section or use the site's search engine. If you don't find what you think you need, reply back here and give us your specifics (dish, LNBF, motor, switch type etc). We will get you pointed in the right direction and on your way to enjoying the whole realm of FTA! :)

RADAR (Gordy)

Last edited:
You may also want to check if "limits" is disabled. I've been burned before where the azbox decided to enable the limits for no reason. For me I couldn't move the dish east past 101 degrees, scratched my head over that one I tell you.

You may also want to check if "limits" is disabled. I've been burned before where the azbox decided to enable the limits for no reason. For me I couldn't move the dish east past 101 degrees, scratched my head over that one I tell you.

Awh yes, I remember several people having problems with the limits issue. Good idea to check this!

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)