New Home Setup?

Here you go.

There's going to be little you can do to overcome all the issues you have. From 2-edge reception from a mountain ridge in the way, to all the trees, and stations in every direction.

All you can do is try EVERYTHING you can think of that's easy. My first suggestion, since you can't go higher, or going higher might be worse from the trees. Try going LOWER! That's right, higher isn't always better. You MIGHT be able to get a better signal UNDER the leaf canopy. That, and perhaps moving your antenna to a different location around the house.

My signal layers at my house, are at 15' intervals due to trees. You need to find where YOUR signal layer sits, and get your antenna in the middle of it.

As for a possibly "better" preamp that may help alleviate some of the signal issues, I would highly suggest the Televes 560383 preamp. I use one myself. It has FM and 5G filters, and AGC. It also independently adjusts UHF and VHF.

Televes Mast amplifier with BOSS-Tech and “F” Power Supply Unit - 1 input (560383) (IF buying from them, try promo code: WELCOME5 at checkout.)

There's going to be little you can do to overcome all the issues you have. From 2-edge reception from a mountain ridge in the way, to all the trees, and stations in every direction.

All you can do is try EVERYTHING you can think of that's easy. My first suggestion, since you can't go higher, or going higher might be worse from the trees. Try going LOWER! That's right, higher isn't always better. You MIGHT be able to get a better signal UNDER the leaf canopy. That, and perhaps moving your antenna to a different location around the house.

My signal layers at my house, are at 15' intervals due to trees. You need to find where YOUR signal layer sits, and get your antenna in the middle of it.

As for a possibly "better" preamp that may help alleviate some of the signal issues, I would highly suggest the Televes 560383 preamp. I use one myself. It has FM and 5G filters, and AGC. It also independently adjusts UHF and VHF.

Televes Mast amplifier with BOSS-Tech and “F” Power Supply Unit - 1 input (560383) (IF buying from them, try promo code: WELCOME5 at checkout.)
Thanks I will check into adjusting the antenna and the Televes amplifier.

I removed the CM7777 and did a rescan. The rescan dropped a few (Fox & ABC) channels from Arkansas, but picked up these channels from Missouri. I may try turning the antenna a 180 degrees to see what happens.

Reactions: primestar31
Did you see this new App over in the AntennaMan videos forum?
Of course, it requires the SiliconDust HomeRun to function, so it’s a lot of money to spend to help aim your antenna. Pretty cool, though.
It also requires either an Iphone or Ipad which I have neither. I am using the signal meter with the Hopper 3 which is all I have found.

Reactions: FTA4PA
It also requires either an Iphone or Ipad which I have neither. I am using the signal meter with the Hopper 3 which is all I have found.

Well that would keep me away as well. Don't like Apple in any way, shape or form. Heck, I don't even have an Android phone myself but could have used my daughter's in a pinch. Oh well! :rolleyes

Hopefully the App developer comes out with an Android version of this app. The ability to track up to four different channels at the same time while adjusting the antenna is what makes this a winner.

Reactions: Comptech
Hopefully the App developer comes out with an Android version of this app. The ability to track up to four different channels at the same time while adjusting the antenna is what makes this a winner.
He won't. He's said so. He's all-in on Apple stuff, and has no intention of doing anything for Android.

I decided to remove the CM7777 from the loop to see what happens. I was getting great signals and pictures until some storms hit. Nothing worked during the storms.

So this morning I turned the antenna toward the Missouri towers. Everything has 100 on the Hopper 3 signal meter. The real test will be today or tomorrow when more storms roll in. My theory is most storms come from the NW heading SE. Even though the storms are gone at home the Arkansas towers were still getting them.

I decided to remove the CM7777 from the loop to see what happens. I was getting great signals and pictures until some storms hit. Nothing worked during the storms.

So this morning I turned the antenna toward the Missouri towers. Everything has 100 on the Hopper 3 signal meter. The real test will be today or tomorrow when more storms roll in. My theory is most storms come from the NW heading SE. Even though the storms are gone at home the Arkansas towers were still getting them.
When I get storms, it typically ENHANCES the signal levels much higher during it.

It can also degrade the signal. A bunch of wet swaying trees between you and the towers is not a good thing. All depends on your particular situation. ;)

FTA4PA, same here too many trees, I get 70 channels, but during storms loose a lot. But as Primestar says, when over cast after the storm signal is booming and I get Charlotte stations too.

Reactions: FTA4PA
I have done several tests during rain, but I have not had a storm yet to check since I aimed the antena toward the Joplin, MO towers. There are less trees close up this way than being aimed at the Arkansas towers.

Today was a good day for testing since I aimed the antenna toward the Joplin, MO towers. With the heavy rain all of the Dish local channels were off and all of my OTA channels were up and running with no pixilating.

If you are in hilly country, this could work for you. Try aiming your antenna approx 180 degrees AWAY from what you want to receive. (Assuming there is a ridge or mountain in that direction) You'll have to rotate the antenna around until you peak the signal.It can be a PITA, and the angles may not always the same.

I receive almost all my channels from back scatter off the Blue Ridge. I use a rotor. It's extra effort but the ONLY way I can receive more than 3 sub-channels.

More height does me no good. My signals go DOWN as the antenna rises above about 25 ft. Maybe if it was over 100 ft... but that ain't happening. lol

Just a thought ;)

Reactions: primestar31

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)