New Hopper Model?

It will be interesting to see if what any new features are available with the Hopper, that would be pretty fast for a upgrade as the current hopper I don't think it's been available for a year. We had our Hopper set up in March
All the more reason to suspect they will be relatively minor changes.

If the built-in adapter went bad then couldn't you put an extra adapter wanted to override the built-in adapter

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for your reply and yes I do understand having two DVRs is a back-up plan. I have that now having DTV and DISH. Still do not understand how I would control two Hoppers in the same room or what full integration is?

I have two Hoppers stacked in my Living Room. The bad news is that Dish no longer has multiple codes for IR remotes, so I only enable IR on one of the two Hoppers. however, they are integrated enough so that I can use my IR Phillips Pronto to watch shows from either Hopper - a dropdown menu item on Hopper 1 allows you to choose programs from Hopper 2 and vice versa. The only time I need to use the RF remote for the Hopper 2 is to set a timer or copy a show to an external disk. Also use PTAT on Hopper 2 to keep all three sat tuners free on Hopper 1, and have OTA adapter on Hopper 1. Thought it would be worse, but there's usually only a couple of times per season that new timers need to get set (or deleted for cancelled shows ;)

The 922 as a receiver wasn't very stable in my opinion but the Sling functionality was very stable. When sling is internal I believe it is just the chip installed and not the full slingbox/adapter, therefore fewer fail points and increased stability. If the new receiver has built in Sling, I'm guessing that connecting a Sling Adapter to it will not work based off of the fact that the 922 was not compatible with a Sling Adapter.

The new Slingplayer mobile is pretty nice but for ease of use I think the Dish Remote Access app is easier for most people to navigate, especially the guide and DVR recordings. For in depth control and full access then I use the Sling Player and Sling Box since its basically first person view.

Are you referring to remote addresses? That is no longer an option with the Hopper? That's not very user friendly.

Yes - I used to have 3 722s with three different addresses and was very disappointed after finding out the Hoppers couldn't be changed from IR remote address 1.

Yes - I used to have 3 722s with three different addresses and was very disappointed after finding out the Hoppers couldn't be changed from IR remote address 1.
In what perverse reality would one expect to find multiple Hoppers in the same room?

As much of this thread pertains to, you guys are the exception and not the norm. Dish can't account for every single customer and therefore some things just aren't feasible. The 40 remote for dish can be "taught" almost anything short of programming macros. Macros are on my wish list as an installer to alleviate TC's.
That being said, OP, your only option that I'm aware of was previously mentioned. One Hopper IR enabled or two separate remotes.

I'm half sure they used only one address to eliminate a lot of trouble calls for people that accidentally reprogram the address and then cannot get it to work, especially when carried to another room.

-Ken

In what perverse reality would one expect to find multiple Hoppers in the same room?
In Lucky's perverse reality, where 3 tuners is not enough for their single-TV home theater.

I have two hoppers connected to my main tv on separate hdmi inputs.
You are such a pervert.

As much of this thread pertains to, you guys are the exception and not the norm. Dish can't account for every single customer and therefore some things just aren't feasible.
Why is it not feasible? It was feasible with VIP models. Removing features is generally not a good thing. Even if it affects only a few thousand customers, that is a few thousand customers negatively affected for no good reason.
The 40 remote for dish can be "taught" almost anything short of programming macros. Macros are on my wish list as an installer to alleviate TC's.
That being said, OP, your only option that I'm aware of was previously mentioned. One Hopper IR enabled or two separate remotes.
The "40" remote is simply not adequate for many users' universal remote control needs.

I only have 2 TVs currently. I have 2 Hoppers connected to my main TV and 1 Joey on my 2nd TV. I basically use 1 Hopper for all my timers. I have PTAT enabled on one of them and when I set timers up online I send them to that Hopper. Then I leave my tuners free on the other Hopper and occasionally set timers on the second Hopper if my 1st Hopper is in use. I also have a Sling Box HD connected to each Hopper and a Sling Adapter on each. Just in the case that I need to stream some content when I'm traveling.

I only have 2 TVs currently. I have 2 Hoppers connected to my main TV and 1 Joey on my 2nd TV. I basically use 1 Hopper for all my timers. I have PTAT enabled on one of them and when I set timers up online I send them to that Hopper. Then I leave my tuners free on the other Hopper and occasionally set timers on the second Hopper if my 1st Hopper is in use. I also have a Sling Box HD connected to each Hopper and a Sling Adapter on each. Just in the case that I need to stream some content when I'm traveling.

Regardless of why you have 2 hoppers on 1 tv, we're glad you're here. :) We needed a guru such as yourself. :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)