New Hopper Software Has Rolled out (S215, S216, S217)

Brussam said:
That doesn't fix the problem.

I have two Custom Lists that have the channels I generally use. When I press the Guide button to change the List, it always reverts to My Channels and I have to cursor down to the other list. On the VIP722K, the second press of the Guide button started on the List you are on and then it was just a matter of one Cursor up or down.

I couldn't care less on what Guide List is selected after a restart, selecting one of my lists is a one time thing after the restart. Now I have to Cursor down to my list everytime I hit the Guide button twice,

You physically went into the menu settings and set the guide list? Not just selected your list while in the guide? Cause the hopper at our office, when I set it to show list 1, I can open and close the guide 20 times and it stays on list 1.

You physically went into the menu settings and set the guide list? Not just selected your list while in the guide? Cause the hopper at our office, when I set it to show list 1, I can open and close the guide 20 times and it stays on list 1.

but what happens the next day, where is the guide when you first turn the receiver on?

It has done that from the beginning. Whatever List is active, the first push of the Guide Button brings that menu up with the exception of after a reset of the receiver.

It is the second depression of the Guide Button which brings up the list of Lists. That always returns to My Channels.

I think hitting save where you indicate does nothing about a preferred list. It is just the way you test that gives that result.

Last edited:
Here is the interesting thing for me. It caused some major headaches. I am running an ethernet setup and after the update, the system no longer works with my cisco 2950.

My old config had the hic plugged into a 10/100 port, and then two dumb switches plugged into the two Gige ports. The two joeys were plugged into each dumb switch. If I moved the Joey that is local to the cisco to a 10/100 port, the problem remained.

Before the update everything purred. After, the joeys could always see each other, but the hopper via the hic would randomly be visible after a reload on the cisco.

My solution as of last night was to plug the hic and 2 joeys into the same dumb switch. Now everything works. But at reduced functionality from a network viewpoint.

Weird.

dhickman,

unplug the second (lower) port on the hopper and see what your results are.

That's supposed to be a bridge port and I wondering if it's not causing some layer 2 woes for you.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

dhickman,

unplug the second (lower) port on the hopper and see what your results are.

That's supposed to be a bridge port and I wondering if it's not causing some layer 2 woes for you.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I have the hopper hooked to the network through a HIC that is located in the wiring closet. The HIC and Joeys are now hooked up to the same dumb switch.

In the previous config the HIC was hooked to FE0/23 and the each joey was hooked to a separate dumb switch hooked to GE0/1 and GE0/2. The Joeys could see each other. Access to the hopper either randomly or for a little bit after a reload. Then it was a 1303 error until I forced a reload or it randomly came back up.

Aren't you now supposed to have only one Ethernet connection to your entire Hopper/Joey system? One wire to an HIC or One wire to a Hopper directly with bridging enabled - nothing else.

I think to resolve this it's a simple as selecting the guide you want, then go to the guide and select a channel. Basically change the channel while on the new guide. I have found this to work every time. Changing the guide alone will not save it.

but what happens the next day, where is the guide when you first turn the receiver on?

Last edited:
Crap...I got all excited thinking they'd rolled the software back to before they screwed everything up in the Hopper software. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts