New Info on Invacom Optical LNB and Optical distribution system

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikelib

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 26, 2009
Jersey Sure
I had read on Tele-Satellite magazine about an optical LNB and distribution system by Invacom. I thought that the new LNB would be a good one to try on FTA. I shot off an e-mail to Invacom sales and here is the good news reply with specs.

Hi Mike

We hope to start shipping to distributors this month so shouldn’t be too long before you start to see it on your local suppliers shelf! Remember if you are installing this to a single MDU then you will need to attenuate the signal with a minimum 15dB optical attenuator because the system is designed for use with multiple dwellings.

Rgds

Ivan, Invacom sales

Can’t wait to try one of these units out.
mikelib

Attachments

• FIBREarticleGI[1].pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 581
  • GI - FibreMDU - Data Sheet.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,373
  • GI - O'LNB - Data Sheet.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 1,264
Very interesting.

Is this stuff for sale yet?

What is the pricing?

Wonder how long will it be before east Asians sell their version of this?

Last edited:
Satelliteguys knew about the LNB distribution development by Invacom via fiber several years before the rest of the world!

Isn't this a great place to learn about satellite equipment? YEAH!!!

Inside information! :D

You got that right Brian, best place for everything satellite! :up

K E V I N
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

Optical LNBs

I don't like to upset you guys but the LNB cost in the UK is GB£170 net therefore it is going to be around $260 + shipping + US duty.

There is a 40mm and C120 version and of course you would need all the ancilliary splitters etc and a fibre polishing kit.

I am not sure who this is really aimed at as even in a huge multi tenancy the costs would be massive and fibre is still a delicate install. Maybe some cable companies mighty be interested as distance is clearly an advantage.

I think Invacom may have lost the plot

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)