New IPODS coming!

Ouch 8GB iPhone now $399... wonder what all the chumps feel like paying $599 a month ago! I wonder if the sales figures were way below internal goals and they decided an emergency price cut was needed. Now at 399 I might consider one, but I would really like to have the 16GB version of the iPod version in an iPhone....

I like that ipod classic for only 250 you get 80 gigs of music. Unlike mine now i only get 30 gigs of music. And yea that iphone is looking a little more tempting to get.

Ouch 8GB iPhone now $399... wonder what all the chumps feel like paying $599 a month ago! I wonder if the sales figures were way below internal goals and they decided an emergency price cut was needed. Now at 399 I might consider one, but I would really like to have the 16GB version of the iPod version in an iPhone....

There's plenty of whining going on at the various Mac sites. There's some people getting $200 credits from the Apple stores.

I love my ipod video 30GB, but would really like a bigger screen - and the iTouch ipod looks sweet. BUT my ipod is only 8 months old, so no rush.

I think the "wi-fi" capabilities of the itouch is over-rated; having grown dependent on my EVDO capabilities of my treo, I don't think having to hunt for wi-fi would be that useful.

Only downside I can see on the itouch is the limited 16GB of storage; but that is off-set by the factr that it is flash-based and not a hard drive.

My first iPod was a 2nd generation 5 GB hard drive unit. I'm still using it (after a DIY battery upgrade) but I hear the 16 GB iPod touch calling. I'm adding it to my Xmas wish-list...

If the iPod Touch had an 80 or 160 GB hard drive like the new iPod Classic, I would be all over it. So I'm still going to wait to replace my 2nd-gen iPod until Steve gives us an iPhone-like iPod with some major storage space.

If the iPod Touch had an 80 or 160 GB hard drive like the new iPod Classic, I would be all over it. So I'm still going to wait to replace my 2nd-gen iPod until Steve gives us an iPhone-like iPod with some major storage space.

But remember the great appeal of the iTouch is that it is 16GB of FLASH MEMORY. With NO MOVING PARTS that is a great thing; lessens the possibility of the device locking up (not that my ipod has ever done that, not! -- although to be fair, the 5th gen video unit really hasn't; my 3rd gen ipod 20GB did it ALL THE TIME; and the 2nd gen 5GB was even worse ).

When I get around to buying one, it will be for video; and 16GB will be plenty for putting enough video on there for several weeks at the gym, or more than enough for a long airplane ride.

But remember the great appeal of the iTouch is that it is 16GB of FLASH MEMORY. With NO MOVING PARTS that is a great thing; lessens the possibility of the device locking up (not that my ipod has ever done that, not! -- although to be fair, the 5th gen video unit really hasn't; my 3rd gen ipod 20GB did it ALL THE TIME; and the 2nd gen 5GB was even worse ).

When I get around to buying one, it will be for video; and 16GB will be plenty for putting enough video on there for several weeks at the gym, or more than enough for a long airplane ride.

YES! this is something i will get for this very reason! i have been loving the gym and this will make it better!:D

I will never pay apples jacked up prices. my sansa does the job for 1/2 the price. plus ipods increase your odds of getting mugged in the park.

but that saying the i phone seems cool.

I will never pay apples jacked up prices. my sansa does the job for 1/2 the price. plus ipods increase your odds of getting mugged in the park.

It is all really about BEING COOL!!!!!!! >>
>>> the COOL FACTOR is REALLY WHAT MATTERS >>>>>
LOL

BryanSR

While I disagree with the first part of topcats' post; I have thought more than once that when running with my ipod that I am a bit of a target.

However, I usually have a camelbak running pouch and stuff it in there. Problem solved. ;)

yea don't run with the white ones thats all I know. And I don't need a ipod or any object to be cool my friends don't give crap what I have.

That is very interesting. The more I think about it, for the video part - the only thing that impresses me by the itouch; there are better alternatives. A PocketDish for one. And cheaper.

Verizon to Launch IPhone Look-A-Like

Verizon (UTStarcom) XV6700 has arrived!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)