New IPTV service?

Chris36

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 24, 2009
Rhode Island
http://www.triniticomm.com/

I think I posted this a few years ago. I think there are getting closer to launch now. You buy a IPTV box and you can watch TV like you do with cable or satellite it shows what channels will be available or different packages.

I didn't know what other people's thoughts are for this service.

Chris

Kind of hard to evaluate a service that isn't working yet, don't you think?

Looking at the prices it does appear that it might be good, but then again it might be too good. Like in not really being totally what is described. Assuming it does all it say it will, then the issue is can you actually replace whatever you use today with a total IPTV solution? I think today the answer is no unless it is only one tv in the house and even then, not heavily watched.
?

Yeah I know. I'm going to call to get more info about it and see how it works. In the listing they have more HD and they have the West feed also on some of the networks too. And they have all the movie channels in HD too. But like you said could be to good to be true.

I just got a email from them I was on a waiting list for a few years.

Doesn't beat Dish price wise from what I can tell.The $119.99 package is needed to get HD,then it's $10 for each additional tv.

I also smell lawsuit.

Record Programs Without Commercials: With Nuclius, you have the option of recording your HDTV content with or without the commercials to save disk space and eliminate the guessing game of when the commercials end and your show resumes.

If they have done the impossible and made the deals to provide actual linear cable channels over a regular broadband connection, then this looks like it could be something to pay attention to. Some other companies have said they made the deals, but it turned out to be a really fancy RSS video browser. Also you're going to need the bandwidth to support this thing. Good quality HD streams are 5-6 megabits. Their channel packages don't really look that flexible either. They start at $44. I don't know. Something to keep an eye on.

Not sure I'd want this. If your internet goes out, your TV programming goes out. Plus, streaming all your TV viewing will eat up your data cap real quick.

Not sure I'd want this. If your internet goes out, your TV programming goes out. Plus, streaming all your TV viewing will eat up your data cap real quick.
I think that's what the future holds, TV via the internet...but if the cable co's etc...cap your usage, it will kill any plans for the future of any company, trying to use on line streaming as their primary means of delivering content.

If you have cable internet most likely you will lose that if your TV goes out too. Agreed on the data cap issue.

But this is the IPTV forum though. All service posted here would eat into data cap and go out when internet is out. ;P

But this is the IPTV forum though. All service posted here would eat into data cap and go out when internet is out. ;P

General web surfing, watching an occasional movie or TV show from Netflix, watching several ballgames a month via MLB.TV, Youtube, etc, doesn't even get me close to my 300GB a month cap. Add 70-80 hours, a month, of TV viewing and I'm getting nasty letters from my ISP.

General web surfing, watching an occasional movie or TV show from Netflix, watching several ballgames a month via MLB.TV, Youtube, etc, doesn't even get me close to my 300GB a month cap. Add 70-80 hours, a month, of TV viewing and I'm getting nasty letters from my ISP.

Well I only have 250GB cap, and I don't have TV... as I stream everything online. We have 4 people in the house and everyone stream online contents on their laptops. If I have to guess, I say we watched about 8 to 10 hours of streaming contents per day. Most of them are not in HD though. I think 70 to 80 hours of TV watching shouldn't hit the cap unless you also downloaded 20 to 30 HD movies! :D

Well I only have 250GB cap, and I don't have TV... as I stream everything online. We have 4 people in the house and everyone stream online contents on their laptops. If I have to guess, I say we watched about 8 to 10 hours of streaming contents per day. Most of them are not in HD though. I think 70 to 80 hours of TV watching shouldn't hit the cap unless you also downloaded 20 to 30 HD movies! :D
Luckily no caps here so far. The Hd is what's gonna get ya.

70-80 hours of streaming TV, mostly HD, will eat up a 300GB cap all by itself easily. I'd have to get a second ISP just to use the internet for everything else. No thanks. Quite frankly, if this sort of service is what will be the norm, in the future, ISP's are going to have to get rid of data caps or this will never work. These companies will go bankrupt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts