New Ku-band Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Now that's a sweet looking dish!. Congrats on getting it setup and locking your first bird. A looong time ago I had a 6ft mesh polar mount but no actuator so I had to go out and manually move the dish for each satellite. It was a great feeling when I got my first c-band signal especially after a couple of hours of scratching my head. This was before 3° spacing went to 2° was implemented so cross pol interference was not too bad unlike today with 2° spacing. Some signals were just weak with a small dish but since everything was analog, a few sparklies in the video especially on the deep blue and red colors was present but it was not a big deal. Moved to a 8 foot solid and re-purposed that 6 footer and dedicated it to one of the Anik birds whose signals were hot up here in MN. Sure miss the old c-band days, but don't have the time or strength to get one up.

Yesterday I bought a new 1.2-metre Ku-band dish from my local Dr. Sat store near Toronto.
I have ordered an LNBF online from him, and when there was an issue, he replaced my purchased with a new one. I have never been to his store, only purchased online. There is also a SeeSat dealer in the east end I have purchased switches and connectors from. (a few years ago now) You are correct, there are not many dealers left in the GTA area to purchase from. Too bad as ordering from the US can get expensive quickly with customs, brokerage, taxes, exchange rate and shipping.

Shop local if you can in this field. Those in this business are not getting rich from it. They probably are involved since, at least at one time, they had a passion for it. I really appreciated Dr. Sat's scrambling to pull together what I wanted with no advance notice from me by scouring everywhere including his basement to offer exactly what I wanted.

Reactions: madmadworld
Just learned I am moving from Toronto back home to Nova Scotia full-time next April. I am measuring my RAV4 car rear door clearance to see if a 1.2-metre dish can slide into the car so I can transport the dish cross-country and not need to ship to Nova Scotia. I think it will fit inside! This is my happy Christmas news. The small C-band dish project is not dead.

Reactions: raydio
Just learned I am moving from Toronto back home to Nova Scotia full-time next April. I am measuring my RAV4 car rear door clearance to see if a 1.2-metre dish can slide into the car so I can transport the dish cross-country and not need to ship to Nova Scotia. I think it will fit inside! This is my happy Christmas news. The small C-band dish project is not dead.

I fit a 1.2m dish into a 2018 Nissan Versa. If I can do it, so can you :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)