new locals not showing up after move

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sandman989

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
Michigan
I called in today to move my service address to a new location and 7 hours after I called I'm still not seeing the new locals in my guide.
The CSR did tell my to call if I did not see the new locals in the guide when I got to my new address, but I'm a bit nervous about calling them again. I told them I was going away for the weekend and was bringing my receiver with me and that all the other hardware was already in place. For what it's worth, I have only been a customer for about a week and I have an AM-21 hooked up. I've tried resetting twice with no luck. Should I call again?

I called in today to move my service address to a new location and 7 hours after I called I'm still not seeing the new locals in my guide.
The CSR did tell my to call if I did not see the new locals in the guide when I got to my new address, but I'm a bit nervous about calling them again. I told them I was going away for the weekend and was bringing my receiver with me and that all the other hardware was already in place. For what it's worth, I have only been a customer for about a week and I have an AM-21 hooked up. I've tried resetting twice with no luck. Should I call again?

Your previous posts should tell you something. You are too far from your service address to receive the locals. They are on a spot beam that you are not under. I tried to warn you!

They are not even showing up in my guide, though. I still have my original locals listed in the guide. If I was out of the spot beam, I should still get the locals in the area I moved to just with a searching for signal, right? I found an old post from someone near the Lansing area, where I am, that showed a signal strength close to 90 on the transponder for the HD locals I am trying to get out of Traverse City-Cadillac. The SD ones were still on 72.5 then so no data for those. I am new to the game, though, so I could be wrong about everything. I also checked the website and my installation adress had not been changed yet.

Lansing should be in the spotbeam for TC. I think you're ok there.

If the service address isn't update on the web site, they simply didn't execute what you asked them to do. You'll need to call again.

The same thing happened to me. I had "moved" to Louisville to get HD locals, now that Lexington has them I "moved" back but STILL had Lousiville locals, even after refreshing, rebooted the receivers etc. Someone suggested I call Directv and have them change my address back to Louisville and back to Lexington AGAIN since it didn't take the first time, THAT WORKED. I had to red button reset receivers twice but it worked.

I tried calling again today and the CSR said they could not move my service address without setting up a whole new account, DirecTV policy. I do not think I have ever read of anything like this happening to anyone before. I only have one receiver on my account, so I do not see why it would be an issue to move my address. I think I am just going to email them now asking to get it switched since no one has been able to help me over the phone.

Everything appears to be all set now. I called again today and got someone to switch it for me and as soon as I got off the phone the guide was updating. Somewhat strange occurrence right after, though, as I was getting both the Lansing and Traverse City locals in the guide. After a reset, I was down to no locals. One more reset got me to just the TC ones. One more quick question, even with the hide HD duplicates off, should I still be seeing only the HD versions of the channels available in HD?

You'd have to have a 72 dish to see the SD ones, without they shouldn't even be in the guide, which sounds like that is what you have now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)