New Magnavox OTA DVRs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My TIVO roamio OTA, now has a buddy, 4 tuners with a 1 terrabite hard drive, both with lifetime service. so no guide fees ever
Paying the fees up front is still paying a fee. No fee TiVo is a lie until none of the owners in the chain has had to pay a fee. There's also the issue of why they unloaded a lifetime TiVo in the first place.

You can still use a PC running Windows 7 and WMC to schedule and record OTA; I have 3 of them set up and they still work fine. I suppose Microsoft may eventually kill it off, but for now it costs nothing to use. Guide data works for 98% of the channels, too

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: Asket
You can still use a PC running Windows 7 and WMC to schedule and record OTA; I have 3 of them set up and they still work fine. I suppose Microsoft may eventually kill it off, but for now it costs nothing to use. Guide data works for 98% of the channels, too

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
There are a lot of ways to do that but the VCR that was so loved was killed by Hollywood and most Video equipment out there now is just crud that does not last if it works at all The public at large is just too busy chasing Pokemon or whatever on DorkoPhone to even realize that the golden age is long gone and we now live in a desert controlled by Hollwood HDCP and I am sure you can be creative with that acronym!

Reactions: Comptech
Saw this info on CNET from CES for new Magnavox OTA DVRs coming later this year.

http://www.cnet.com/products/magnavox-tbhp500-series-dvr/

From the article:

"The three new Magnavox models -- the MDR877H/F7 ($400), TB560HP/F7 ($450), and TB560HS/F7 ($500) -- are all due out in the fourth quarter of 2016. Each one has at least two tuners (six on the 560HS) and at least 1TB of storage for hundreds of hours of recording time. More importantly, they all have a no-fee on-screen EPG that looked good and offered fairly zippy navigation when I tried it out.

It gets better. These models also have Wi-Fi, and they can beam live and recorded programming to iOS and Android devices elsewhere in the house. Moreover, Magnavox is promising the ability to download programs to watch offline, as well as -- on the MDR877H -- to burn shows to the integrated DVD recorder."

Well CES 2017 here and gone and not much from Magnavox. Anyone hear anything at all. I suspect this is a dead issue.

So everyone is on the same page, Funai has been licensing the Magnavox trademark from Philips Electronics North America Corporation since 2009.
Yes but not the question. Funai has apparently stopped manufacture of recorders in July of 2016. I think everyone knows that now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)