New Manhattan RS-1933 info

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pixl

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
Here is a C/P of an E-mailing I got from Mike Kohl on the Manhattan.

Skyvision is proud to announce our affiliation with Manhattan Digital as master distributor for their satellite reception products.
Our first introduction to the market is the Manhattan-Digital model RS-1933 receiver. Many months of testing and reconfiguring
an original design have resulted in a final product that revolutionizes Free-To-Air reception. It is capable of MPEG-2 as well as MPEG-4
reception, in both the DVB-S and DVB-S2 formats. Reliable and easy to operate blind scanning functions find new and unknown
channels in all of these formats. Up to 100 satellite and 7000 channel capacity. A single circuit board design eliminates the need for separate
DVB-S2 modules, with the end result being a better and more reliable product that has little or no heating buildup. Breakthroughs in receiver design have
dramatically lowered pricing over previous competition. Many functions that previously required detailed setup such as manually inputting
complex data in order to accomplish a blind scan for DVB-S2 signals have been replaced by a number of automatic features.
Dolby digital audio and several other audio formats are processed internally and automatically without the need for additional equipment.
High Definition is processed automatically, and can be connected to your HD set with either an HDMI cable or direct component
cables (red/green/blue video). RCA connections are supplied, so standard definition equipment can use the standard Yellow composite
video port. Red and White RCA audio connections are also available. DVR functionality is built in, allowing for a USB connection to
a memory stick for data transfer and occasional recording. We recommend purchase of a separate external hard drive with dedicated
power supply for maximum storage capacity, flexibility and reliability of recording and archiving.

The Manhattan RS-1933 future-proofs digital reception as many new and existing services are converting to the new MPEG-4 format.

http://manhattan-digital.net/RS_1933%20User%20Manual.pdf

I asked him about the differences in the specs in the manual vs. the e-mailing. He explains...

The manual was written for the previous 2 Mb memory version of this receiver, and has those lower capacities. All current production units are 4 Mb, and you will have 7000 channel/100 satellite capacity with them.
Manual will be updated in a short time after we receive production units, and have had a chance to check out little details like this with live signals.

Best regards,

Mike

I'm on a pre-order list for one of these. I'll post in here when I get it and how it works.
Pixl

Last edited:
The AAC audio, and DVB-S2 blind scan are the big features I want. I've got one queued up from Mike too. Does anybody know if it'll do 4:2:2? I'm not sure.

I'm worried about the AC-3 audio being available via the HDMI connection through the TV. I read in the manual that AC-3 is available via the RCA connection. If AC-3 audio is like the Openbox S9 then I will consider purchasing one.

...Whats really up there in 4:2:2?

Besides the CBS stuff, some of the sports feeds are 4:2:2. Although there has been some 4:2:2 for both basketball & football, historically, 4:2:2 has been more prevalent for basketball than football. But who knows how it will be in the future.

Cheers

Cool, Mike can send me an evaluation sample and I'll do a review on SatelliteGuys. ;)

Call me skeptical on the 4:2:2. If SatelliteAV decided that they couldn't do it at a sensible price point for their forthcoming entry-level S2/MPEG4 receiver, I don't see how Manhattan would manage it.

LOL...
Up to 100 satellite and 7000 channel capacity.
That does not sound like the same chipset the current Openbox has.
I think some people will be surprised very soon. GregH

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts