New Manhattan RS-1933 info

Status
Please reply by conversation.
We had attempted to develop the 422 codec approach with the current ALI chipsets last year and understand the issues involved. We were unable to provide reliable decoding all 422 transmissions. When the function is not native, the CPU demand is too great. This is why we abandoned 422 quest on the lower end STB.

422 process can be added to most receivers with a daughter board, but then the hardware solution costs more than the chipsets that can do 422p. :eek:

Happy

I hope me, too. Haven't heard yet from Mike Kohl on shipping, but I talked with his wife and know that he has the boxes. I'll be quite happy if it's as good as the Openbox S9 . There's even room for more happiness yet, if it happens to be better at meeting it's specs. :)

Brent, I do think you will be happy.. Just going by the beta box...It performs as good and better than the Openbox...extra features right away...add PID with remote.. Keeps time, records ect, pretty nice I would say.

LNB settings should be much more advanced also..

The best thing will be support..I'm pretty sure things will get fixed with this new STB, and features added if possible..

Now that really sounds good! Thanks for the input Woofy.I dont really know for sure but will the manhattan support team be the only one that actually works in the good old USA.

Now that really sounds good! Thanks for the input Woofy.I dont really know for sure but will the manhattan support team be the only one that actually works in the good old USA.

Yes the support will be from NA, not overseas,, that is what I think most of us have been waiting for..

Bout time someone got it done...w00t

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts