New Map Master Info

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
We have resolved the issues with the USB guy and seem to be getting good product again. So we will go forward with using the USBBDM NT cable. I have successfully unbricked a test 920 with a unit from the new batch of USBBDM NT cables sent to me. Looks like things are looking up. I also have figured out a way to overcome Motorola's maps from overwriting our custom maps. It has been tested and coding needs to be done.

I will post this at the map master site and more updates in the future. I'm enjoying a 920 raised from the dead right now :) NO MORE BRICKS! :D :up:up:up Who need's Motorola!

4D Map Master | The Official 4D Map Master Website. The ONLY way to map the 4DTV!

Last edited:
So what does this mean to the common folk like myself? I own a construction company & don't even know what a USSDFTREG cable is. All I see & hear is "Bla bla bla Rum, bla bla Rum, bla bla bla Rum bla bla Vodka".
Is this going to be something I can do myself?

So what does this mean to the common folk like myself? I own a construction company & don't even know what a USSDFTREG cable is. All I see & hear is "Bla bla bla Rum, bla bla Rum, bla bla bla Rum bla bla Vodka".
Is this going to be something I can do myself?

Yes you will be able to do it yourself as long as you can use a screwdriver, plug in plugs, and follow directions.

Yeah, i'm just kidding! But, come on TvroPro get it out already! We aint getting any younger and the DC2 our 4DTV's can receive probally isn't gonna be around too much longer.;)

You know I don't have to do any of this. It's people that say things like you did that even if it was kidding don't deserve our efforts. Your getting a free program that will give you more than Motorola gave you or will anymore. You don't have a clue what is involved in making it all work right juggling people and their schedules, daily life events etc. It ain't no walk in the park. I said this before and I'll say it again anyone who can't wait feel free to download the old 4 play and source code and make your own product. Then give it to us while I sit around now suck down on a cold one and bitch.

I have just updated the Map Master website. To all who appreciate our efforts feel free to check there for more. ( I added more pictures & info) Keep the faith and we appreciate the support you guys give. I am pushing for a rollout ASAP. I just don't want to release a buggy unfinished product that will cause more headaches than good. Thanks again all :)

FWIW I set about building an LPT to BDM I/F. When I decided to do it I thought it would be a walk in the park, actually, it was, I found it easy, actual build time was 2 hours.

The project took me 2 weeks!! Exactly what Tvropro posted were the hurdles I faced, work, family, home projects etc.

So patience is needed here, AFAIK this will be the only solution available to us, heck even the original 4play developer shelved it and he had plans for it too.

Most people who use their DSR9xx wont use MapMaster I guess, they'll be happy with the HITS service and along with the rest of us will hope that the guys with deep pockets will keep it alive.

--
As I've got older, i've learned a thing or two, 2 of my all time favourites:

1) You're damned if you & you're damned if you don't
2) No good deed goes unpunished

You know I don't have to do any of this. It's people that say things like you did that even if it was kidding don't deserve our efforts. Your getting a free program that will give you more than Motorola gave you or will anymore. You don't have a clue what is involved in making it all work right juggling people and their schedules, daily life events etc. It ain't no walk in the park. I said this before and I'll say it again anyone who can't wait feel free to download the old 4 play and source code and make your own product. Then give it to us while I sit around now suck down on a cold one and bitch.

Actually, i thought you were going to sell the program or at least profit on the cable. No?

Exactly Trinidex most don't know what it takes. You being a member of the group know all the crap we have to contend with. Were all doing the best we can. Do I want to see Map Master released? Sure I do but I want it right. It's easy to sit back and demand on the sidelines but thats not going to speed things up. It's only going to create more bad then good. Hate and discontent none of us need. It only take a few to make the pot turn black though.

Actually, i thought you were going to sell the program or at least profit on the cable. No?

The original release is going to be free. If we decide to make a highly advanced version we may charge but at this point I don't know. We make nothing on the USB BDM NT cable. If we come out with our own cable version and software down the road that also might change. But guaranteed the basic MM will be free as a gift to the 4DTV community from the Map Master Team and TvroPro :) Cant beat that with a stick :coffee

The original release is going to be free. If we decide to make a highly advanced version we may charge but at this point I don't know. We make nothing on the USB BDM NT cable. If we come out with our own cable version and software down the road that also might change. But guaranteed the basic MM will be free as a gift to the 4DTV community from the Map Master Team and TvroPro :) Cant beat that with a stick :coffee

Okay that's sounds fair and all seriousness i was just kidding. Except, the part about DC2 going away. At that point all your guys efforts will be lost. Gawdd!! I'm starting to act like Mapmaster is going to open 100's of channels free to view! :D But, in reality i know thats not the case!

Map Master will allow all non combo DC2 channels to be available to us either when ITC or always ITC. Actually stuff will be around for a while still it costs too much for these companies to upgrade everyone that is involved. Map Master also allows those that lost maps and satellite tiles to get them back to use the 4D as a mover for all the cool DVB stuff up there. At one point all 4DTV's will need master resets. Many are living on borrowed time with a non bricked unit. They get corrupted by power failures gliches etc. Just like any computer. If corruption gets bad the 4D's will master reset by themselves. I have seen it and there is no G1-3 to recover any more. You can only do a X4 bricked version which cripples the IRD quite a bit for anything beyond viewing HITS2Home.

I have seen both sides of the coin and it's quite a rush to see all the maps back like when G1-3 was there. We know that Comcast & Motorola will not support us and SRL and Skyvision don't have the $$$$$$ for having a 24/7 active database like we had on the Starz transponder. So the ONLY option is our silly little program that really packs a punch when used :D

So hang on to your shoes and we will get it rolled out in due time. I guarantee you it will be worth the wait. I have no bricked IRD's here which wasn't true a while back. It does work and works well. Our enhancements were working on now will make things only better for the end user at rollout.

Sounds like a little ribbing to me. I'm sure everyone in this forum appreciates everything that not only you, but everybody involved, is doing for everyone who owns 1DTV. Just like building a house, there are people who have no clue as to what a contractor has to go through to get what the homeowner wants & all the homeowner does after he moves in is whine & complain & tell you how it should have been done. But as a professional, all you can do is absorb it & move on. Map Master isn't the only thankless job around.
Everyone involved with the Map Master project I'm sure has had their fair share of frustrations with it. Part of doing this is for the challenge too I'm sure. If I knew anything at all about this project & wanted to join in, I would do it not for the glory or recognition, but more for the challenge, a goal to reconstruct something that a conglomerate corporation has manipulated for years & sounds like a learning experience of a lifetime. To get into a project like this thinking that you would be treated like a rock star may be the wrong reason to join.

I'll pay or make a donation for my copy IF it ever gets released and if I still have a 4D at that point in time.

Sounds like a little ribbing to me. I'm sure everyone in this forum appreciates everything that not only you, but everybody involved, is doing for everyone who owns 1DTV. Just like building a house, there are people who have no clue as to what a contractor has to go through to get what the homeowner wants & all the homeowner does after he moves in is whine & complain & tell you how it should have been done. But as a professional, all you can do is absorb it & move on. Map Master isn't the only thankless job around.
Everyone involved with the Map Master project I'm sure has had their fair share of frustrations with it. Part of doing this is for the challenge too I'm sure. If I knew anything at all about this project & wanted to join in, I would do it not for the glory or recognition, but more for the challenge, a goal to reconstruct something that a conglomerate corporation has manipulated for years & sounds like a learning experience of a lifetime. To get into a project like this thinking that you would be treated like a rock star may be the wrong reason to join.

I don't do it for the recognition. I do it out of love for the big dish. Someone had to have the balls to get something going. It was Lonewolf and I that started talking about the idea of this about a year ago. It blossomed into having some great talented people to help the cause. But everyone has lives and can't work on this 24/7 Spare time is at a premium for most of us so we do what we can as we can. You all have to take that into consideration. We have our share of knocks from people getting sick and bowing out of the project and others with many other life problems that crop up and poor product support, that has delayed things. I honestly think we have made quite good progress considering all this

The Map Master Team & I appreciate all your dedication from the believers. The skeptics and nay sayers well they can do what they do best, nothing. It don't bother me one way or another. I made a promise to the 4DTV community and will do everything in my power to see it happen as fast as possible.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)