New Map Master Info

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Once again I ask....
Since the link from your site does not link directly to this cable you say we need:

Is this the one we need? See Below...
If so should we also get the software that is at that site also?

Not everyone of is is a programmer and not everyone knows specifically what is needed from what is being put out there.
That plus the above last couple post saying the cable may not be long enough?
So if this is the one below we will only need 1 and no other adapter?

------------------
From the link at the map-master web page :
------------
USBBDM NT
$60.00
USBBDM NT and USB BDM are copyrighted Welcome to USB JTAG. You are buying from the developer and manufacture of the products.

New features of USBBDM NT
• USB 2.0 support.
• Faster programming speed
• Enhanced UI for programming
• Adjustable BDM clock
• Enhanced configuration.
• Unified USBJTAG NT and USBBDM NT software
USBBDM NT is Windows based BDM tool for Motorola 6833X CPU.
It has the speed of professional BDM but at a very low cost.

Tested hardware, DCT2224,DCT2244,ECU411
If you are not sure, pleas ask

Download USB JTAG NT software
User manual
You are highly recommended to download the software and run first to check if it is compatible with your OS.

Model: USBBDM NT
• Shipping Weight: 0.02kgs
• 5 Units in Stock
• Manufactured by: USBJTAG

.USB BDM.

again Is this the only item needed?
and if you have more then 1 4dtv (I have 3 here) do you need 3 of these?
If I order this product I just want it correct the first time around.

You need only one, it will work on all 4DTV's. If you want you can put long jumpers on each IRD to the Tv Passcard slot. The ribbon disconnects at the BDM out on the device also.

Looks like I really need map masters now and then some....
After unplugging my 920 receiver to take the VCII cage out I lost all my generics and it reverted back to just the original few satellites.
Had to reset all the limits then began programming the satellites in using the AZ as a slave off the box to view the DVB signals, found it much easier to just go to known FTA signals then move the dish until the picture came in then fine tune the satellites in till it was near perfect.

Decided to program in A2 since it would be nothing lost by going there and manually entered a signal from the C-band side then when it came in moved to A2-03 where it found a digital lock and the 920 began loading in channels.
The TDT count is at 881 and the channel count went up to 10,863, then the channel count dropped to 10,640 on the options-6-5 screen.
On the diagnostic screen G it shows 7425 and the TDT is at 881.

The bad part about being on Anik F1R is that the receiver only thinks there are ONLY Anik Satellites and even if you have others programmed in the receiver it only shows A2 on the screen all the time.
Moved the dish to Galaxy 19 and even though the dish moved the receiver kept showing A2 on the screen.
I sure hope Map Masters can overcome this obstacle.

Anik F1R ku will load the Shaw maps. Map Master will restore the C band maps. But you still need to stay away from Anik. We found a work around but cannot block Shaws maps yet..

Anik F1R ku will load the Shaw maps. Map Master will restore the C band maps. But you still need to stay away from Anik. We found a work around but cannot block Shaws maps yet..

I have a good workaround too... disconnect the ku line before going to the anik sats.. :)
:D
but I really did not have anything to lose doing it since my maps went back to the basics anyway. Just surprised to see over 10,000 channels load into the receiver!
Now my spare 921 is back in service moving a big dish after many years with the maps from before MOT went away.
Just a PITA resetting all those sats from 137 to 30 W again.

I have a good workaround too... disconnect the ku line before going to the anik sats..

IIRC, the 4play called for putting the receiver in "business" mode instead of "home" mode and I suppose that told the 4dtv receiver not to download any mapping as if the receiver was being used in a private business tv network situation.

IIRC, the 4play called for putting the receiver in "business" mode instead of "home" mode and I suppose that told the 4dtv receiver not to download any mapping as if the receiver was being used in a private business tv network situation.

That feature is only on the 905 and I don't think it works any more on that model. One of our team members tried it and maps still updated so Motorola did some changes along the way. Our work around takes care of the problem on C band to stop our maps from getting written over. The problem with Shaw is that its got too much data when you also have the full 4DTV maps in the DSR, it overloads the TDT that has a 1920 limit. The generics take up a ton of space in TDT.

Last edited:
The problem with Shaw is that its got too much data when you also have the full 4DTV maps in the DSR, it overloads the TDT that has a 1920 limit. The generics take up a ton of space in TDT.

Much more work involved, most likely, but having the DCII channels mapped on the proper satellite would seem to make more sense if one was wanting to get rid of the TDT problem would it not?

Then having a satellite icon for the proper sats with just a V/H channel where there was no known DCII channels would also help reduce the TDT count. Why have 32 channels on KU where there is no Analog any longer and no DCII when all you need it for is to slave a DVB receiver off of it to watch FTA.

The maps were not in such a bad shape when GI first began putting the DCII channels on the correct satellites, but near the end they did not care and were careless in the way they did things with the mappings.

Tvropro, is it possible to program the Anik satellites out of the software, or, to set it up to let the 4DTV user choose to allow the Anik satellites remain in the map?

Even if the anik ku sats were not programmed in if you pass F1 in ku mode you can pick up parts of maps that overflow TDT. If we find a way to totally block those updates we will add it to the program. The initial release is going to be without all the bells & whistles. This is because I'm choosing to get a custom map restore Map Master Reset program out there first. The bells & whistles will come in due time but some have been really in need of the program for a while and I don't want that delayed while we dig deeper and add more.

Sorry, I was just trying to help.

Cheers

No problem, don't take it the wrong way.
I had alot of things going on at the same time and with one of my main receivers going down I wasn't in the most pleasant moods that day.
That and the web site for the cables really does not like one book-marking a page right off. They make you jump through hoops to get where you need to go.

Help from others is always appreciated!

Thanks!!!

tvropro said:
Even if the anik ku sats were not programmed in if you pass F1 in ku mode you can pick up parts of maps that overflow TDT. If we find a way to totally block those updates we will add it to the program. The initial release is going to be without all the bells & whistles. This is because I'm choosing to get a custom map restore Map Master Reset program out there first. The bells & whistles will come in due time but some have been really in need of the program for a while and I don't want that delayed while we dig deeper and add more.

This is a great idea, Map Master Reset (MMR) will help a lot of people.

Even if the anik ku sats were not programmed in if you pass F1 in ku mode you can pick up parts of maps that overflow TDT...

Yes, I had this happen to mine a few years back. My H-H motor moves the dish fairly slow. Back when it happened to me, X4 was still Ku.

When I'd move from one of the western sats to X4, the 922 would put its self in the Ku mode and slowly pass the Canadians on the way. The motor was slow enough to get a DC lock on the way by. After a while... TDT=1920.

After figuring out what happened & why, I adjusted my habits to compensate. Now when I pass the Canadians, I make sure that I'm moving to a C-Band bird. That keeps the 922 from going into the Ku mode while it's moving. Once I'm across the Canadian divide, then I can move to a Ku bird. TDT has been in the 1700's ever since.

Cheers

I found a extension cable 20 inches for $6 delivered and have ordered one for adding to dsr920 receiver. Want to connect to front of receiver with computer.
usb 20 inches.jpg

You cannot leave the USBBDM NT connected to the board at all times. You can leave an extension of the 10 pin BDM to the front or the back but not connected to the USB unit. Just want to make that clear.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts