New Navigator Guide coming when?(Tampa Bay):

jaye

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2008
It seems they are delaying this thing longer and longer for even small roll outs beyond the few employees that have it. Bright House Networks printed last spring that the new Mystro Guide would be out soon, which seemed like summer not only from soon printed on the bill but also posts on here and other forums, we are now entering late-September and we still haven't received any box OS/firmware upgrades(mystro like in other markets)/, that adds SDV to actually compete again and add more than a few HD channels twice a year(and no, my box 8300HDC box does not have SDV according to the debug SARA menus like others have said in this forum). Acting like you can compete against DirecTV, DISH, let alone FIOS, especially after Verizon FIOS launches its huge HD lineup October 2nd and large expansions into Pinellas County including the largest cities of Clearwater, St. Petersburg, and unincorporated Greater Palm Harbor in Pinellas, half the counties population...not to mention the beta tests/soon to launch MDU solutions even for older harder to install condo/apartment buildings. It doesn't seem smart to not be ahead of the behemoth when compared to advance/newhouse(TW carrier agreement months after actual TW markets). With the housing market dead, they are sucking your customers away in Hillsborough, Pasco, and other local areas while they are exploding in customers. Are you now waiting until December right before the HD deadline while competitors are adding the HD channels launching or launched well before the HD deadline, more than enough to carry 100 HD channels. I have heard everything from they don't have to meet any deadline at the cutoff for airwaves(WE KNOW THIS), or the other answer...ITS COMING SOON/I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT SIR/MAM. Could someone chime in with a real answer of what to expect and when...even rumors.

I firmly believe that my DVR guide software will change soon. Whenever FiOS lights up in my neighborhood. Any day now.

;)

I wish I could get FIOS or something like it in Orlando (32839 zip code).

BHN's new software sucks!!!!!! Once it downloads onto your box you will be BEGGING to have the old software back.

I actually got the new software when I had a defecting Pioneer box switched out. There were so many problems, I called brighthouse because I thought the software was defective. Their tech actually sat on the phone and watched TV on a DVR in their office with me so that they could experience the same problems I was, to make sure that's how it really was supposed to behave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)