New Normal & Guys with Kids

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
Well, it's one for the money and 2 for the show in some cases. In the case of these shows - duds!

Usually I give a show at least two showing before I kill a timer. I killed the timer for both of these during the 1st showing!

There are religious groups in a few places calling for the end of the first one because of its objectionable content. No need, with its stupid content it will die pretty quick anyway.

There are religious groups in a few places calling for the end of the first one because of its objectionable content. No need, with its stupid content it will die pretty quick anyway.

That will likely just call attention to it and raise ratings temporarily.

The religious people have a point, from what I saw the one character who had objections to the "lifestyle choice" was portrayed as a raging homophobic bigot. Of course we are used to it, it seems anytime a "Christian" is portrayed on TV it is either a pedophile priest or a closed-minded redneck or some other ridiculous stereotype.

I can understand those that might be offended by the New Normal. For me, if it is a comedy show, it is supposed to be funny. In the case of these two shows, they weren't funny. If it wasn't for the laugh tracks you'd have no clue at all when to laugh.

For an example of an offensive sitcom, one only has to look or remember 'Soap'! They managed to pretty much offend everyone, all the while being hilarious! :)

Watched Guys With Kids....not the greatest, sure it will get cancelled but I will catch some espisodes before it does

Guys with kids was not awful, but I would have rather they kept other shows that did not last. Anthony anderson is a funny guy so I wil keep watching till it inevitably goes away

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Neither show has grabbed my attention yet. I will have to see how they develop. The problem with comedies is that it usually takes a few episodes before the writers figure out what works with the given set of actors.

satjay said:
I Thougt this weeks episode of "Guys with Kids" was pretty funny

Me too, I like the show. Newest episode may have been best yet.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts