New OS Mio 4K setup questions

I have little interest in streaming from the web. The streaming I want to do is streaming my Sat signals throughout the house.

My ISP is $79.00 a month. Cheaper than the dsl service I had before which max'ed out under 3mbs and had cross-talk on the phone line. I consider it a wonderful deal when no other company has been willing to cover this area. I'm sure new/better services will come sometime in the future.

We have poor cell signals at home. Hard to connect in the back of the house. Decent coverage most everywhere around except the deep hollars.

I look out my window and see the Blue Ridge Mountains. See the smoky haze ebb and flow through the day. Watch the iceline rise and descend on winter days. Watch Raptors and Ravens soaring the ridge lifts. Have counted over 3600 migrating Raptors in 5 hours.... from my yard. Have deer and wild turkeys, even bear. Heard a cougar once, even though there isn't supposed to be any around. Only 10 minutes drive and I'm cruising the Blue Ridge Parkway. God has blessed me.

I feel sorry for people who miss all that... even if they have fast internet.

Broadband and....looka' all da' deers!
1615070795033.png

Reactions: k.r. and Elsguy
Those deer look like trouble. Take the one already looking for greenery to nip off that bush! Best solution is venison steaks or Bambi Burgers.
Yeah, we have tons of deer where we live. I used to enjoy watching them until I tried planting some fruit trees one year. I knew they would be a target so I sprayed them heavily with repellent. ^@#& deer stripped the trees bare even though they were sprayed. Trees didn't stand a chance and I don't like deer anymore. :rolleyes

Oh it's the time of year to go trimming the shrubs and bushes and blueberries and all that crap.
So it's like free help. Man, venison give me indigestion terrible. I won't sleep for a week. Neither will anyone else who gets around me. If you get my drift. Just don't be downwind of it!

Anyone know how to fix this?
Using File Commander Plugin of TNAP. All text is missing about 1/4 off the bottom. Almost unreadable.(Fonts fine elsewhere in NTAP) Tried re-installing FC, same problem. Fonts display correctly in File Commander on OpenPli install.

Also: Is there no paste option? I only see delete, move, copy, and rename.

Thanks

Anyone know how to fix this?
Using File Commander Plugin of TNAP. All text is missing about 1/4 off the bottom. Almost unreadable.(Fonts fine elsewhere in NTAP) Tried re-installing FC, same problem. Fonts display correctly in File Commander on OpenPli install.

Also: Is there no paste option? I only see delete, move, copy, and rename.

Thanks
Try Dream-Explorer.
Move/Copy works with Dream-Explorer and TNAP4.

Reactions: armadillo_115
Is it possible to view the Receivers Menu screens on WebIF? Maybe I'm missing something.

I can view channels.... but the menu screen doesn't display on WebIF.

Switched TV's today and got the incompatible format screen. Fixed that by temporarily hooking to a different TV and changing to 720p. (Still have a slight over-scan to correct) For any future problems, would be nice to use WebIF for such as that.

Is it possible to view the Receivers Menu screens on WebIF? Maybe I'm missing something.

Switched TV's today and got the incompatible format screen. Fixed that by temporarily hooking to a different TV and changing to 720p. (Still have a slight over-scan to correct) For any future problems, would be nice to use WebIF for such as that.
It works for me. You have to hit the REFRESH button each time.

There's a MENU button on the left side of the screen in the REMOTE area. But you need to make sure the receiver is turned on before it will display (upper right corner).

I might should add that I can only view a channel by opening it manually with VLC. I thought the current channel would show automatically before.

<Refresh> in the browser? That's the only refresh I see.

Menu button on WebIF works on tv screen, but menu not visible on WebIF Screen.
Make sure that the receiver is turned on. If it's in standby you won't see the menu when using webif. Can you provide screen shots?

I might should add that I can only view a channel by opening it manually with VLC. I thought the current channel would show automatically before.
It should be automatic. It is on my system. If not, you should be prompted for what app you want to use and you should get an option to tell webif to launch that app (vlc or some other app) everytime if that's what you want.

Yup that was it!
Working in NTAP and OpenPli. Have yet to re-config the video settings in OpenVix and OpenATV.... but feel sure it will be ok there also.
Going to bed. Night all!

Maybe I'm overlooking something. (Os Mio 4k, various images installed)

Is there a way to rename channels with the remote in "Channel selection (TV) - Satellites? That would be the ones in etc/tuxbox. 'Channel context menu' has a 'Remove entry' option, but no 'rename entry' option.

I know they can be renamed and deleted by remote in Bouquets. I'd prefer not to use Bouquets.
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts