New OS Mio 4K setup questions

Just download E-Channelizer. Channel editors have been used since Dreamboxes were the thing.
It's easy to use, you can create your own bouquets and name them whatever you want to.
Rename channels. Reorder them, drag 'n drop. As I mentioned I use the TVROSat satellite charts for my reference.
Write, read, and save the lamedb on your pc so you can quickly restore it all. To other images even!
I know you're eager to do it all on your receiver but there are some things that applications do so much easier and better. And most importantly, faster. So you can get along watching channels.

1616120100100.png

1616120194948.png

1616120423781.png

Reactions: armadillo_115
Just download E-Channelizer. Channel editors have been used since Dreamboxes were the thing.
It's easy to use, you can create your own bouquets and name them whatever you want to.
Rename channels. Reorder them, drag 'n drop. As I mentioned I use the TVROSat satellite charts for my reference.
Write, read, and save the lamedb on your pc so you can quickly restore it all. To other images even!
I know you're eager to do it all on your receiver but there are some things that applications do so much easier and better. And most importantly, faster. So you can get along watching channels.

View attachment 151028

View attachment 151029

View attachment 151030
Hey arlo! Interesting program. A question for you. That option under flags - Keep unchangeble during services scan. Does that set a flag so that a channel you already have scanned in and have changed the name to something you understand is not renamed back to something like 4139V SID 0x01?

Hey arlo! Interesting program. A question for you. That option under flags - Keep unchangeble during services scan. Does that set a flag so that a channel you already have scanned in and have changed the name to something you understand is not renamed back to something like 4139V SID 0x01?
Hard to say. Try it out and give it a go. To be honest I just use it for the basics. I had a trial of the full version and there are a lot of other bells and whistles in it.
I would believe what you said may be true. I wonder if it's channel specific.I do know I have used a couple of other editors and once I had a completely borked lamedb file. So far this one has been rock steady.
I might try a blindscan of 127W today a couple of ways and see if the NASA channels get renamed back to TP & SID if I tick the check boxes. Sounds like a plan!

Hard to say. Try it out and give it a go. To be honest I just use it for the basics. I had a trial of the full version and there are a lot of other bells and whistles in it.
I would believe what you said may be true. I wonder if it's channel specific.I do know I have used a couple of other editors and once I had a completely borked lamedb file. So far this one has been rock steady.
I might try a blindscan of 127W today a couple of ways and see if the NASA channels get renamed back to TP & SID if I tick the check boxes. Sounds like a plan!
Sounds good! :)

I ought to take the time to write a native Linux app for a channel editor. I suppose one could port the Windows version to Linux if one could get their hands on the source code. But I'm too lazy. A "killer" app would take to much time to develop and debug.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Maybe I'm overlooking something. (Os Mio 4k, various images installed)

Is there a way to rename channels with the remote in "Channel selection (TV) - Satellites? That would be the ones in etc/tuxbox. 'Channel context menu' has a 'Remove entry' option, but no 'rename entry' option.

I know they can be renamed and deleted by remote in Bouquets. I'd prefer not to use Bouquets.
Thanks
When you are in any channel list, hit the MENU button. It'll take you into another screen where one choice is to Rename channels.

So far, I've just been playing around with it when I've felt like it. Getting the feel of things little by little. I often fall asleep in the middle of whatever I am doing. Wake up and can't remember what I was doing. lol. :rolleyes:

I have the the main tv setup or the dvb card if I want TV right now.

I've used E-Channelizer and DreamBoxEdit. Both seem to work well.... but they require booting up the Windoze. Egads.... Heresy!

I enjoy wading in with Filezilla or smb. Then fire up a text editor in Linux.

When you are in any channel list, hit the MENU button. It'll take you into another screen where one choice is to Rename channels.

I only see that option if it is a bouquet. I've been trying to eliminate BOTH bouquets and using etc/enignma2. Direct from etc/tuxbox in other words.

Living on the edge....
If 10 is gonna kill me, you can give me 9.

I only see that option if it is a bouquet. I've been trying to eliminate BOTH bouquets and using etc/enignma2. Direct from etc/tuxbox in other words.

Living on the edge....
I am currently changing my system around and was creating a favorites bouquet the other night. Like you, I only see the option to rename channels under a bouquet. It does not appear as an option when in the satellite services list. :(

I've been manually editing the bouquets from the osmio4k /etc/enigma2 directory in a text editor. A bit of a challenge doing it this way though. Been working OK so far.

I am currently changing my system around and was creating a favorites bouquet the other night. Like you, I only see the option to rename channels under a bouquet. It does not appear as an option when in the satellite services list.

Finally, someone gets what I was trying to say. :hatsoff2
I want that option in the satellite services list as well.

I'm off to practice my communication skills.... or maybe just a nap. lol

"Can you teach me to play guitar?"
Sure son. First you need to have the right soil to grow a tree.
Then once the tree starts growing you have to prune it and trim branches to get the best lumber.
When it's mature and time to cut it you need to get the logs to the mill fast so sap doesn't go to the heart.
The cut lumber then has to be cured in a kiln. Not too hot, not too dry.
Then we build the guitar.
Well dad, its been fun but now arthritis is settling in my fingers and they're getting stiff.'
All I wanted to do is learn how to play gramps' gitfiddle sitting in the corner over there.

Just fire up a windows pc and name the NFL channel so we can watch the durned game.
Linux, schminux. It's like building a sky scraper with a shovel and pick.

Living on the edge....
I don't understand the reluctance to create favorite Bouquets. It's a piece of cake to do it in the WebIF. Then highlight and put any channels in there you want. Once that's done, you can change them all you want. Otherwise, every time you do a scan, it'll overwrite the names.

I only have a couple of Bouquets set up and like the ability to include channels from multiple satellites and tuners. Here's a screenshot from one that includes channels from 87W, 101W, 103W, and the OTA tuner.

Attachments

• Edision_screenshot7.jpg
    Edision_screenshot7.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 202

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts