New OTA adapter

Looks an awful lot like the ones they sell at BB that you put on your window and they normally don't work very well.

I was trying to find a date to see exactly when this was released ...

I can't believe they expect you to use up 2 electrical outlets for this set up ... in most cases, they are at a premium for Home Theater set ups.

But it does appear to have an USB Tuner between the antenna and the 44/54. Is this the new/replacement AM21? My AM21 does function well any more as it can't seem to locate the schedule data. I gave up.

To me DirecTV is the best streamer out there for OTT, re-transmitted OTA, DVR, and premiums. Incorporating an OTA Tuner and paid apps such Netflix, Prime, etc. with the choice of connecting to the birds or Internet would make it unbeatable. I tried leaving until I discovered the others had little or no 5.1 surround.

I'm intrigued.

Wonder what would happen if you plugged a Hauppauge or Tablo stick into the box? Google is not helpful this AM. I want to know more?

But it does appear to have an USB Tuner between the antenna and the 44/54. Is this the new/replacement AM21? My AM21 does function well any more as it can't seem to locate the schedule data. I gave up.

To me DirecTV is the best streamer out there for OTT, re-transmitted OTA, DVR, and premiums. Incorporating an OTA Tuner and paid apps such Netflix, Prime, etc. with the choice of connecting to the birds or Internet would make it unbeatable. I tried leaving until I discovered the others had little or no 5.1 surround.

I'm intrigued.

There is definitely a USB tuner involved. It is hard to tell much from the video but it does seem to resemble the Hauppauge. Only one way to find out if that would work--plus it in and see. As for the question about using another antenna I suspect it would work fine but again tryiung it would tell you. The leaf type antennas are not bad for indoor antennas but nothing beats an outdoor antenna for OTA reception.

Okay here is some scoop from a DTV CSR that was helpful and curious. Right now it is a pilot project to be rolled in the Las Vegas market. It will be free of charge. We'll see it on their site when it becomes widely available. OR, NOT.

Re above. I am not going to an HS17 as I would have to give up my other receivers. I want a backup system plus my HR 24 and HR44 can tune seven at once. No 54 either as I don't want another two years in case I need a no fault divorce from DTV. I'm Ethernet and don't want to go WiFi and clients. The LCC has two power sources as the antenna needs one and the USB dongle needs one. Of course you can use your antenna and pitch theirs. TV antennas are TV antennas. Depending on signal you could use a coat hanger if you wanted. I would not use their antenna as I already have two attic antennas that suck up everything I would want. The only reason I want it is that picture quality is much better OTA as Sat is compressed then decompressed. Plus, it's a new gizmo. Gotta have it especially if free.

Okay here is some scoop from a DTV CSR that was helpful and curious. Right now it is a pilot project to be rolled in the Las Vegas market. It will be free of charge. We'll see it on their site when it becomes widely available.

Re above. I am not going to an HS17 as I would have to give up my other receivers. I want a backup system plus my HR 24 and HR44 can tune seven at once. No 54 either as I don't want another two years in case I need a no fault divorce from DTV. I'm Ethernet and don't want to go WiFi and clients. The LCC has two power sources as the antenna needs one and the USB dongle needs one. Of course you can use your antenna and pitch theirs. TV antennas are TV antennas. Depending on signal you could use a coat hanger if you wanted. I would not use their antenna as I already have two attic antennas that suck up everything I would want. The only reason I want it is that picture quality is much better OTA as Sat is compressed then decompressed. Plus, it's a new gizmo. Gotta have it especially if free.
Hey thanks for getting that info. and posting it ...

Well ... you certainly can't beat "free of charge."

That's complete heresy nowadays ...

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimbo
I think they did just fine by developing an OTA option this way. As far as being compatible with the HS17, (it can't be) because the HS17 was designed with NO OTA compatibility. So it would be difficult to make that so. As far as including an antenna goes, I'm sure they did that for someone who currently has NO OTA antenna at all. I don't know for sure if any OTA antenna you currently have is compatible, but I would sure hope so. As most people that are dedicated to using OTA have the proper antenna for their location and setup.

hs17 has a usb port. it also uses the same software as the hr44 and hr54

it should be easy to make it work

just chatted, was told i am having one sent at no cost. i have an hr24 and hr34

so time will tell

Are you In Las Vegas? The literature says Hr44 and HR54. "Find out how to set up your Local Channel Connector to watch local news, sports, and more on HR44 and HR54 receivers. Plus, it’s yours to keep!"

I'm confused.

Are you In Las Vegas? The literature says Hr44 and HR54. "Find out how to set up your Local Channel Connector to watch local news, sports, and more on HR44 and HR54 receivers. Plus, it’s yours to keep!"

I'm confused.

in in md

More SCOOP! Been reading over on the other site. One who reportedly purchased one checked his order and has an AM21 coming. ????? So beng curious, I dug out my long worthless AM21n and lo and behold, it has my Big 4 plus, PBS, and several *-* ones. And, the Guide works too. I also read the new gizmo is an AM-22P. Maybe the "P" stands for petite. Other than my 21n being big and clunky, I don't need no stink'n paste on antenna and dongle. But, if is free, I'll take one.

The other site discussion is interesting:

AT&T To Launch Full DTV Using The Internet This Fall

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)