New OTA adapter

Hi Doctor
When you plug the LCC into a HR54 a screen will come up saying it has found the LCC and proceeds to OTA setup. I got nothing when I plugged into the HR24. I did not look further.

SSTV

You should try again, this time plug the LCC into the HR24, do a red button restart, then go into the satellite/antenna setup menu and see if it sees the LCC. The H2x/HR2x weren't "plug and play" with the AM21 so they probably wouldn't be with the LCC either.

ED8EEA0E-4B0E-42BC-A69F-D07BCC7D08DA.jpeg
F96EB227-3A39-482B-B652-BEA28BF59D5C.jpeg
Got the LCC today, no difference in this and the AM21 except the size of the unit. Same set up. I didn’t use the cheap wall antenna, I hooked to my out side antenna.

jamieh1, I'm really happy for you, but for the fifth or six time, I was not so fortunate on my end. I just called and spoke with the Retention Dept who transferred me to Tech Support. She saw the notes on my account and I re-explained to her about DirecTV dropping two local channels from my package with no dispute, just dropped them. She said they would get it ordered, but in the end, neither the Tech Support rep nor her supervisor. She told me to stop by an AT&T Store and maybe they would have an LCC.

:deadhorse

Oh and I'm in SW Florida.

So far I’ve not been able to pick up channels from 90 miles away. With my AM21 I was picking up from 90 miles. Gonna keep testing.

90 miles is really at the edge of feasibility, when you picked them up with your AM21 was it the same time of the year with similar weather? I had a situation where I could pick up some stations about 70 miles away that were listed as "1 edge" or "2 edge" on tvfool only during the winter. Once the trees got leaves no go. Since the nearest trees in that direction are a quarter mile away I think it was probably leaves on the trees on whatever hilltops 30-40 miles away the edge diffraction was occurring on that made the difference.

Last 4 or 5 days been picking them up. Not once since I switched to the LCC gonna keep trying

But not gonna switch back to the AM21 because it was going bad. Lot of breakup on the signal. Read were the caps in it go bad. Causes signal break up.

So far No Go in my area but someone at DirecTV trying to help me get one

Last edited:
I can confirm that my AM-21 works better, pulls in more channels some at 50 miles
than the Dish version of the LCC (looks the same , just has an extra power cord on it) one of the chips in side is also the same as dish networks (guessing same manufacture)

Have not tested the Directv LCC yet not avl in my DMA yet, tried 3 times both orders were auto canceled by the all mighty and powerful ATT comptuer systems

Reactions: whitewolf8214
ota3.jpg
My HR44 has started showing program info for Buzzr, MeTV, Antenna TV, Cozi. I have wanted these for years so I could record them on the DVR, but Directv cust service said it won't happen. I have had directv since 1996 -- single round dish RCA box and $19.95 a month! They are so ridiculously expensive -- I complained about the horrible menu change and having to go on the internet to schedule recordings from my local station only, not All programs on All Channels. Their retaining dept gave me a $60/month discount for a year, free HBO, and waived the $25/month advanced receiver charge. But this month all that expired and for xtra standard my bill went from $63 to $170 and I was ready to cancel. I don't know whether to see if they will knock this down another year and see if the over the air subchannels works out, I am so tired of the ripoffs from AT&T!!!

Seeing that program info is an accident. You should only see it if you have the LCC or an AM21.
If ATT chooses not to renew the discounts that does not make it a ripoff. Most people don't get that big of a discount, ever. If you can't afford the price you have two choices. Go to a less expensive channel package or cancel.

I’ve had my LCC for a few weeks now. I’ve noticed choppiness in the audio on locals. Also when flipping between channels get a brief no signal message.
I’ve put the AM21 back and there is no issue.

I get the Audio drop outs and choppiness off and and on when tuned to channels coming from the LCC. If you have a DVR, the solution is to pause the offending channel for 1 to 3 seconds then press play, once your channel enters into the Pause buffer the Choppiness and Audio Dropouts STOP.

John

also we are seeing some of our antenna channels on here too and of course we have to use the local channel connector on ours too and that's why directv was reminding us that they're also sending us one too just to let you guys know.

Have had my LCC for a few weeks now, have been noticing a pop and skip in the LOCAL OVER THE AIR channels. Ive switched back to my AM21and it does not do this. Ive contacted Directv and they are sending me another LCC Hope this clears up the issue.

Just got off the phone with DirecTV.. Was in DirecTV telephone hell, until I got someone at tech support who knew what I was talking about.
They are sending me one via UPS, no charge, but I have to sign for it. And yes, I have a local Fox channel that is in dispute with Nexstar for the last month.
I have a genie HR54. Hopefully this will prevent disputes in the future, as I can get NBC, FOX and ABC easily with indoor flat antenna, it was just that I couldn't record
until I got the LCC from DirecTV. Using this link, shows I will get 12 strong channels with the adapter. https://signalstrength.directv.com/

View attachment 139339 My HR44 has started showing program info for Buzzr, MeTV, Antenna TV, Cozi. I have wanted these for years so I could record them on the DVR, but Directv cust service said it won't happen. I have had directv since 1996 -- single round dish RCA box and $19.95 a month! They are so ridiculously expensive -- I complained about the horrible menu change and having to go on the internet to schedule recordings from my local station only, not All programs on All Channels. Their retaining dept gave me a $60/month discount for a year, free HBO, and waived the $25/month advanced receiver charge. But this month all that expired and for xtra standard my bill went from $63 to $170 and I was ready to cancel. I don't know whether to see if they will knock this down another year and see if the over the air subchannels works out, I am so tired of the ripoffs from AT&T!!!

Yeah the new menus are horrible

Seeing that program info is an accident. You should only see it if you have the LCC or an AM21.
If ATT chooses not to renew the discounts that does not make it a ripoff. Most people don't get that big of a discount, ever. If you can't afford the price you have two choices. Go to a less expensive channel package or cancel.

My HR54 started showing locals yesterday with no AM21 connected.

When I went to the channel or said to connect iy

My HR54 started showing locals yesterday with no AM21 connected.

When I went to the channel or said to connect iy

Seems this bug is pretty widespread. I imagine Directv CSRs are getting slammed with people calling about having new channels appear in their guide that give them an error message about an LCC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)