New Pricing Chart

Based on the Chart, I believe that the "$0.00 Free for Life" and the "$10 HD Add On" are listed separately since FFL is an option with a 24 mos contract or $99 fee. You can still pay the $10 HD Add On fee if you don't do the contract or pay the $99. Platinum HD will be $10 additional either way: Either $10 on top of $0, or $10 on top of $10.

Separate Pricing Question:
Is there an available option to get a "Local Channels-only" package? Price? In HD?

EDIT: Forgot about Dish Grandfathering those of us with HD+Platinum@$10.

Last edited:
So I am confused . Right now I have the AT250, hbo,showtime, and pay the $10 hd fee. So does this mean I will have to pay an additional $10 now to keep the platinium?

At 250 going up $2
Premiums going up $2
platinium $10

14 bucks in one shot

I came to dish to save money over cable. Cable is looking better again.

So I am confused . Right now I have the AT250, hbo,showtime, and pay the $10 hd fee. So does this mean I will have to pay an additional $10 now to keep the platinium?

At 250 going up $2
Premiums going up $2
platinium $10

14 bucks in one shot

250 +2.00
premiums +2.00
platinum + 10.00- already paying that one so total is +4.00 plus tx.

Keep in mind nothing in this chart contradicts what was posted from a Dish retailer memo in another thread re: existing customers.

This is from a Dish Network Retailer email from our distributor today:

Existing Customer Accounts Already Subscribing to the $10/mo. “HD & Platinum” Add-on Before June 3, 2010 – Existing customers who were subscribing to the $10/mo. “HD & Platinum” package prior to June 3, 2010, will be automatically grandfathered into “HD Free for Life” without being required to enter into a 24-month “HD Free for Life” commitment OR pay the $99 HD Programming Upgrade Fee. These customers will experience no price change due to their participation in this offer; they will receive “HD Free for Life” for the life of their account and will be charged for the $10/mo. HDPlatinum add-on package.

Existing Customer Accounts NOT Subscribing to the $10.mo. “HD & Platinum” Add-on Package Before June 3, 2010 – Existing customers who were NOT subscribing to the $10/mo. “HD & Platinum” package prior to June 3, 2010 may choose to participate in “HD Free for Life” by logging into their online customer account (or creating an online account if they do not have one yet) and selecting the “HD Free for Life” option, which will be indicated.
After selecting the “HD Free for Life” offer, customers may choose either the 24-month “HD Free for Life” commitment and accept the terms of the agreement within the online form, as well as set up Credit Card AutoPay AND Paperless Billing if they are not set up with them yet –OR– the $99 HD Programming Upgrade Fee and provide a credit card number for this charge (also within the online form).

At 250 going up $2
Premiums going up $2
platinium $10

14 bucks in one shot

As long as Dish grandfathers existing subscribers with the $10 Gold + Platinum package, I won't be terribly upset with a $4 increase on my bill. On the other hand, it I have to pay a $99 fee in order to avoid a $10 increase, I won't be happy with that at all. That would just appear to be a one-time cash grab, which I consider to be a very shady business practice.

in light of the no $$ change for silver and gold "HD only" Dish America packs, any chance they are getting new channels since they'll be losing palladia &hd theater?

So after this they will be a dollar cheaper with AT250 and Choice Ultimate from dish. If direct joins with free HD and their higher receiver fees i don't see how they will be able to continue the cheaper campaign they got going.

Damn. Just when we thought we had it all straighten out.....here comes another flyer to confuse us again.:(

So this makes AEP an even better deal if the price is not going up at all for the ATs or premiums.

Ok sorry, that did not make any sense.

I should have phrased it that AEP becomes an even better deal. Already saving $3 per month and now will save $7 per month over the individual costs of AT250 and four premiums.

For a $10 fee (unless you're grandfathered in), you can call Dish Network and they will explain the new pricing scheme in plain English. If you sign up for auto-pay during the explanation, that $10 fee is waived down to $0 but you will be required to pay an additional DVR fee of $2/month for 5 months, at which point, if you had the cinemax for a penny deal, would then increase to the affordable price of $12/month (unless you call back later to cancel). If you don't have a DVR, you can get a free DVR upgrade for teh low installation price of $99--which can be used as a rebate for the HD for life. Now, if you had a 24 month agreement, none of the above would apply to you, unless you EVER had the HBO free for 3 months. If you aren't eligible for any of the above offers, Dish will come out, slap a new mesh dish on the side of your house--so when you're so frustrated with the pricing scheme, you can go out and shoot your dish with a dove/Quayle round because, hey, the shot will go right through the little holes and not damage the dish!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts