New Pricing Chart

I wish they didn't make it so that you have to hire an attorney and an accountant to figure out what your bill is vs what it should be.

I wish they didn't make it so that you have to hire an attorney and an accountant to figure out what your bill is vs what it should be.

Can you believe that they are actually making it easier for us to understand our billing? :confused: They keep changing package names every year and they keep adding fees for everything.

i really do wonder about keeping the price the same on silver and gold while dropping on bronze.
Me too. Back in Feburary, there was a pricing chart from DISH that everyone to believe all the TurboHD packages were going down $5 (actually it was that locals were being included at the same price -- which is effectively the same) but when the pricing actually rolled out we found it wasn't true. So who knows if this is either.

Does anyone know if the the HD only America, Silver and Gold packages include ALL of the HD channels that are available in the America's top 120, 200, and 250 respectively? In other words, are the HD only packages the same except that the America's Top packages have the SD channels too?

I am quite confused now with this new chart :confused: the way they've got the HD only packages listed it looks like they may include all of the channels that the AT packages have. I sure do wish we could get a definitive answer for this because if the HD only packages don't add additional channels from what they currently have, then I am planning on switching over to AT 120 plus Platinum, but I need to do so before June 3rd. ;)

I am quite confused now with this new chart :confused: the way they've got the HD only packages listed it looks like they may include all of the channels that the AT packages have. I sure do wish we could get a definitive answer for this because if the HD only packages don't add additional channels from what they currently have, then I am planning on switching over to AT 120 plus Platinum, but I need to do so before June 3rd. ;)

Switch now and avoid the rush. :) You can always switch back if a miracle occurs. It'd only cost $5 at the most for a downgrade if it is even considered one. I don't see how the missing Fox and Viacoms and new additions could be added to the cheaper Dish America packages. Especially since it is the providers who didn't allow it there in the first place. It would also likely cause an increase in the price of the Dish America packages if they somehow did get included. Isn't it better to have lower cost options for subs who want them? D* provides fewer programming choices.

I went ahead and switched from my TurboHD Bronze now Dish america package to the AT120 with Platnium. I'm basically paying $17 a month more, but I get a lot more channels. And now I get normal channels like MTV. I've been waiting to drop that horrible TurboHD package, with them taking away channels from it's already low number of channels, this was my time to switch. I'm already happier.

I too am thinking about switching before June 3rd. To go from TurboHD (Dish America) Silver to AT 120+RSN I would loose these HD channels:

• Animal Planet
  • Bravo
  • CBS College Sports
  • Disney XD
  • Golf Channel
  • Lifetime Movie Network
  • WGN America
But gain these HD channels:

• E! Network
  • Fox News Channel
  • MTV
  • Nickelodeon
  • VH1
And my price would be the same (after June 3rd). Hmmm....

Last edited:
Switch now and avoid the rush. :) You can always switch back if a miracle occurs. It'd only cost $5 at the most for a downgrade if it is even considered one. I don't see how the missing Fox and Viacoms and new additions could be added to the cheaper Dish America packages. Especially since it is the providers who didn't allow it there in the first place. It would also likely cause an increase in the price of the Dish America packages if they somehow did get included. Isn't it better to have lower cost options for subs who want them? D* provides fewer programming choices.

This is a very valid point, I hadn't considered that it would only cost me $5 if I decided to switch back. I just might switch later today. This is also true about the providers being the ones who didn't want their channels in the HD package to start off with, this has been running through the back of my mind, and I'm glad that you brought it to the front.

The Turbo packages include most of the HD channels, but not all from the corresponding AT package. Some programmers did not allow Dish to include their programming in the HD only package (i.e. they want all the SD channels they provide Dish included in any package).

I too am thinking about switching before June 3rd. To go from TurboHD (Dish America) Silver to AT 120+RSN I would loose these HD channels:

• Animal Planet
  • Bravo
  • CBS College Sports
  • Disney XD
  • Golf Channel
  • Lifetime Movie Network
  • WGN America
But gain these HD channels:

• E! Network
  • Fox News Channel
  • MTV
  • Nickelodeon
  • VH1
And my price would be the same (after June 3rd). Hmmm....

I would miss CBS College Sports during football season, but not the rest of the channels. I turn it on Animal Planet when I'm gone from the house so the dogs can watch it, but I don't think they find it very amusing LOL! I would enjoy having all of the gained HD channels, and also the SD channel ESPN U.

What about the Hallmark and Turner Classic Movies, what would be the content provider's impetus to keep those from HD only packages now? The rest of their stuff is already there.

OK- is this gonna cost me an extra $2.00? Or can anyone help me figure out a way to reduce my bill:

current situation:

AT200- $52.99
Multi Sport- $5.99
HD Duo Receiver- $17.00
DVR Service- $6.00
Service Plan- $6.00
HD & Platinum- $10.00

thanks in advance- don't think online or on the phone with Dish will ever clarify it better than here.

OK- is this gonna cost me an extra $2.00? Or can anyone help me figure out a way to reduce my bill:

current situation:

AT200- $52.99
Multi Sport- $5.99
HD Duo Receiver- $17.00
DVR Service- $6.00
Service Plan- $6.00
HD & Platinum- $10.00

thanks in advance- don't think online or on the phone with Dish will ever clarify it better than here.

How many receivers do you have? The first receiver should be free.

I currently have 61.5, 110, and 119, are there any channels on AT 120 that would require me to switch to EA, or if not, would it be a good idea to switch anyway in case they add HD channels to those satellites that are in AT 120?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts