New Pricing Chart

What about the Hallmark and Turner Classic Movies, what would be the content provider's impetus to keep those from HD only packages now? The rest of their stuff is already there.

I don't work for E* so I can only speculate. We only know back a year or so ago that Viacom and Fox withheld from the HD only packages. Fox withheld all except for RSNs and Viacom withheld the four that were bundled with their SD channel package and allowed the three that were not. As for the later HD comealongs, if E* added them to the Dish America packages, they would need to price the Dish Americas at nearly the same price as the AT packages. That's self-defeating and they might as well get rid of Dish America altogether. That will probably happen soon enough anyway. Now at least subs have a choice of some cheaper packages with less HD.

What about the Hallmark and Turner Classic Movies, what would be the content provider's impetus to keep those from HD only packages now? The rest of their stuff is already there.

Now you are less likely to see HD only packs add stuff. If HD is included in the base pack, all HD only would be is creating another, lower tiered pack. The channels that got removed might get a bit sore over what pack they are guaranteed in.

Heck, in the bottom pack, AT120, what paid (i.e. those not given to Dish for free or which pay to be on) channels are there which are not HD? I think only TV Land and MTV2. The base HD only pack would be almost the same as the base regular pack.

Nevermind, I just answered my own question by looking at the satellite map, it appears that E! is on 72.7. They should only charge me $15 for changing my dish setup right?

Now you are less likely to see HD only packs add stuff. If HD is included in the base pack, all HD only would be is creating another, lower tiered pack. The channels that got removed might get a bit sore over what pack they are guaranteed in.

Heck, in the bottom pack, AT120, what paid (i.e. those not given to Dish for free or which pay to be on) channels are there which are not HD? I think only TV Land and MTV2. The base HD only pack would be almost the same as the base regular pack.

ESPN U also

OK, then your equipment pricing is correct.

OK- with the new packages, what do you think my best options would be to reduce this without losing a ton of channels?

EDIT- trying Dish chat- they say they have no idea of any pricing changes

Last edited:
OK- with the new packages, what do you think my best options would be to reduce this without losing a ton of channels?

EDIT- trying Dish chat- they say they have no idea of any pricing changes

They never know anything so no surprises there.

It's gonna be very difficult for you to switch to a lower package without losing a bunch of channels.

So on the AEP package if you don not sign up for HD for life pack your rates goes up $10.00

Is Dish DVR going to be shut off because of the Tivo lawsuit? To keep customers Dish is making folks think they're getting something by signing up for HD for life and having them held hostage for two years with no DVR?

So on the AEP package if you don not sign up for HD for life pack your rates goes up $10.00

Is Dish DVR going to be shut off because of the Tivo lawsuit? To keep customers Dish is making folks think they're getting something by signing up for HD for life and having them held hostage for two years with no DVR?

DVRs won't be turned off. Well maybe the old ones that need replacing. If they turn them off, E*will fold anyway. I wouldn't worry about it.

OK- is this gonna cost me an extra $2.00? Or can anyone help me figure out a way to reduce my bill:

current situation:

AT200- $52.99
Multi Sport- $5.99
HD Duo Receiver- $17.00
DVR Service- $6.00
Service Plan- $6.00
HD & Platinum- $10.00

thanks in advance- don't think online or on the phone with Dish will ever clarify it better than here.

If you keep Multi Sport year round, you should change to the annual price which is $49.99 which would save you $21.98 over paying monthly

:what Okay.....I have AT250 plus HD+Platinum.....$62.99 + $10.00. After June 3rd it becomes $64.99 + $10.00...........correct? :confused:

How do you get $62.99? Does this include locals?

I currently have the following:

AT250 $57.99
Locals $5.99
HD&PL $10.00
Multi Sports $5.99

VIP722 & 381
and already on auto bill-pay as I participated in the Cinemax for a penny and it already expired

If $64.99 new pricing now includes locals then isn't this just like a dollar increase ($57.99 + $5.99 = $63.98 vs $64.99)

How do you get $62.99? Does this include locals?

I currently have the following:

AT250 $57.99
Locals $5.99
HD&PL $10.00
Multi Sports $5.99

VIP722 & 381
and already on auto bill-pay as I participated in the Cinemax for a penny and it already expired

If $64.99 new pricing now includes locals then isn't this just like a dollar increase ($57.99 + $5.99 = $63.98 vs $64.99)

Nevermind...when I log into dishnetwork online and look at my packages it shows 57.99 for AT250 and 5.99 for locals but when I look at my statement it shows AT250 plus locals 62.99, I was originally comparing your $62.99 to the $57.99...this is so confusing!!!

I've asked before but never seen a clear, straight, forward answer so I'll try again.

Would it be safe to say that the "Free for life HD" channels will all of the HD channels listed under one of tiers (AT120, At200, & AT250) on the Dish site page that shows the three HD packages? This would also include locals and sports packages, right.

Are the HD channels listed as part of the Platinum HD bonus at the bottom of the page the only extra HD channels you'll get as part of the HD Platinum package after June 3rd?

If that's the case, I never watch them so I can save myself $8 a month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)