New Pricing Chart

Okay, is it safe to assume that the Dish America packages are the HD channels that are included in the corresponding AT packages? So, if I rarely watch SD channels on my AT200 +HD, I could switch to Dish America Silver, get the same HD channels as now, and save $10/mo? Or, I could get the HD channels included with the AT250 +HD for the same price I'm paying now with Dish Americas Gold. Either way, I've got the $10 for Platinum as well.

Another Question: Would the Dish America locals include the SD and HD versions, or just the HD version? Also, would the Dish America packages include the PI channels (NASA, UWTV, etc.)?

not safe to assume. Right now it isn't and Dish CSRs couldn't tell you straight to find out anyway.

I don't get it

I currently have top 250, and pay $62.99. That package will increase by $2. I get that part. I also have HD + HD platinum for $10. I'm also enrolled in auto pay. Will my bill go up by $2 or down by $8?

I currently have top 250, and pay $62.99. That package will increase by $2. I get that part. I also have HD + HD platinum for $10. I'm also enrolled in auto pay. Will my bill go up by $2 or down by $8?

If you are currently getting both the HD and Plat packs for $10, then your bill will go up by $2. You'll be grandfathered into the "Free HD for Life", don't even have to match the requirements of auto-pay, etc.

If you drop HD Plat, then your bill would go down by $8.

So.. jump ship on the Turbo packs now to get grandfathered for "free hd", then see if anything changes to the turbo packs and have the option to jump back on if their value is still worth it (i.e. they miraculously add a few channels!).I wish we could get an updated channel chart! Beans.

So.. jump ship on the Turbo packs now to get grandfathered for free hd, then see if anything changes to the turbo packs and have the option to jump back on if their value is still worth it (i.e. they miraculously add a few channels!).I wish we could get an updated channel chart! Beans.

This is what I did!

Had a tech tell me that they have been told the DVR fee would increase to $10 a month.

Me too! I decided I could live without the part-time HD RSN so I'll be saving $5/month in the long run.

My thinking was the exact same - after my EA gets installed on Saturday, I'm also cancelling my service plan which will save me an additional $6.00 a month. Dish never does catch on if you add the service plan back a few days before you call to schedule a service appointment do they?

mike123abc,, the tech mentioned that the 922 was already $10, and they were told the rest of the DVRs were increasing from $6 to $10.. Tech said hopefully this was incorrect information because as an employee he didn't see how it could help business and as a customer it would make him want to consider changing to someone else, but he couldn't change because they.are required to have Dish and he knew of several.fellow employees who were receiving threatening and harassing letters from Dish though they couldn't either get a signal or get landlord permission to have Dish. Dish told them they didn't care if they stuck the receiver still in its box unused in the closet. They just needed to sign up so their account could be counted as they try to reach their next million.

mike123abc,, the tech mentioned that the 922 was already $10, and they were told the rest of the DVRs were increasing from $6 to $10.. Tech said hopefully this was incorrect information because as an employee he didn't see how it could help business and as a customer it would make him want to consider changing to someone else, but he couldn't change because they.are required to have Dish and he knew of several.fellow employees who were receiving threatening and harassing letters from Dish though they couldn't either get a signal or get landlord permission to have Dish. Dish told them they didn't care if they stuck the receiver still in its box unused in the closet. They just needed to sign up so their account could be counted as they try to reach their next million.

I wonder how the philpine workers get a good look at the sats?

now we know how they got such great subs gain. force feed their workforce.

DVR fee going to 10 bucks???

What? They're already charging $17.00 for DVRs and $6.00 for their DVR bs fee and they now want $10.00. Wow I hope this is incorrect but with the Google TV announcement yesterday saying the service will be on all HD/DVRs, anything is possible.

Here is the back of the new brochure. Hopefully this clarifies things a little. I think everyone is making this more confusing than it has to. There really are not any major changes.

Attachments

• Dish Fine Print001.pdf
    776.6 KB · Views: 390
On a side note, which I see nobody has mentioned yet, is that they are adding HD programming as an option to Dish Latino Dos. Previously, HD programming was only available if you subscribed to Dish Latino Max, the highest programming package for Dish Latino. So now this gives subscribers a cheaper option if they are satisfied with the HD programming that Dish Latino Dos provides.

Dish Latino Dos HD
A&E
Animal Planet
Bravo
Cartoon Network
CNN
Comedy Central
Discovery Channel
Disney XD
Food Network
Fox Soccer Channel
FX
Headline News
HGTV
Lifetime
MTV
National Geographic Channel
Nickelodeon
Regional Sports Networks
Spike
Syfy
TBS
TeleFutura
TLC
TNT
Univision
USA
Weather Channel

Dish Latino Max HD
Including all from Dish Latino Dos HD plus...
ABC Family
BBC America
CMT
CNBC
Disney Channel
DIY
E! Entertainment Television
ESPN
ESPN 2
ESPNews
Hallmark Channel
HDNet
History Channel
Speed
Travel Channel
VH1
WGN America

If you are currently getting both the HD and Plat packs for $10, then your bill will go up by $2. You'll be grandfathered into the "Free HD for Life", don't even have to match the requirements of auto-pay, etc.

If you drop HD Plat, then your bill would go down by $8.

I have the America's Everything Pak and the $10 charge for HD. I had
Platinum or whatever it was to get the Voom channels for an extra $10
a month.

I dropped the extra $10/mth when Voom left because I felt the $10 extra was
not worth the 3-4 channels at the time.

Should I call customer service and try and get grandfathered on the
platinum package?

I have been paying Dish $130+/mth for about 8 years and already do the autopay
thing.

Any advice or tips would be appreciated

I dropped the extra $10/mth when Voom left because I felt the $10 extra was
not worth the 3-4 channels at the time.

Should I call customer service and try and get grandfathered on the
platinum package?

I have been paying Dish $130+/mth for about 8 years and already do the autopay
thing.

Any advice or tips would be appreciated

Yes, Dish currently offers HD Platinum for $10. You should get Platinum added since it won't cost you any money. Then, on june 3rd, you'll be grandfathered into the new HD for Life promotion. At that point you can keep Platinum and pay the same, or drop it and save $10. ($5 programming downgrade fee will apply.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts